PATCH AMD for Slow Amiga SWOS / WinUAE on Athlon 64 X2 DUAL CORE

• willywonka23
  • willywonka23's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #15466 by willywonka23
Hi my friends!!
If you have a CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 DUAL CORE and you can t play on-line at SWOS with WinUAE 0.8.22 with kaillera support, because the FPS is too slow, don t worry!! You can download and install this patch (AMD Dual-Core Optimizer ):
www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/utilities/Setup.exe

www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalRe...182_871_9706,00.html

Install and reboot your system.
Now you can play with 50 FPS.
I have tested this patch on AMD Atlhon 64 X2 +4200 and now WinUAE 0.8.22, relase 1, XP2 BETA2, Kaillera client 0.9 (amigaonline2.exe) work fine!!

AMD Dual-Core Optimizer - The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction. Applications that rely on RDTSC do not benefit from the logic in the operating system to properly account for the affect of power management mechanisms on the rate at which a processor core s Time Stamp Counter (TSC) is incremented. The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer helps to correct the resulting video performance effects or other incorrect timing effects that these applications may experience on dual-core processor systems, by periodically adjusting the core time-stamp-counters, so that they are synchronized.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 2 months ago #15467 by Playaveli
Nice, thx!

So you can start your online career... 8)

More
17 years 2 months ago #15520 by Playaveli
By the way...I wonder if this is also a solution for the FPS monsters:
forum.sensiblesoccer.info/index.php?topic=431.0

Anybody recognized this problem?

More
17 years 2 months ago #15592 by RobChef
This Winuae software just sucks. I have problems with it from the first day I play. Always changing performance fps speed joypadreaction... . Thought it was my lame pc but now I have a new one and it still sucks. Trying for 3 weeks to get it done, right now I have the right fps but a lot of little lacks (when I play offline). I can even hear them when I turn the sound on its just annoying to play.
So thx for your patch but didn t solve my probs.

More
17 years 2 months ago #15593 by Playaveli
If you have any problem please post your PC specs (chip, graphic device etc...). Then maybe somebody will help you.

It is not the problem of Winuae. If you want to play offline just use an actual version of it (www.winuae.net) which runs perfect on every new PC. The online package contains an older version because the newer ones don t support kaillera.

More
17 years 2 months ago #15608 by RobChef

It is not the problem of Winuae. If you want to play offline just use an actual version of it (www.winuae.net) which runs perfect on every new PC. The online package contains an older version because the newer ones don t support kaillera.

I tried the actual version of it and it was better but still fps changed and caused lacks. But with running 2 winuaes at the same time it worked pretty good. Think this was your tip so thx. :-*
Will test it online later ...

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds