Re: Mastering DEFENCE?

More
7 years 9 months ago #133881 by atilla
Mastering DEFENCE? was created by atilla
OK, is it a stupid question, I don t know!? :)

How do you guys train-master your defence?

I know the best way is to play online. But sometimes you don t have other opportunity, other
then play against the computer.

So, how do you master it, train it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #133885 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Mastering DEFENCE?
Well.. Online play gives you experience, on how to score different goals, but also how to defend them. I guess the most important lesson is to learn from your opponents. Playing vs the CPU doesn t help at all.

You can use the sliding tackles to take out the opponents players (when you are sure to hit them), or you can try to play the prediction game. Try to predict the shot/pass of the next move, by simply moving your player in the line of shot/pass. This way you can limit your oppos options.

I usually go about it this way: If my opponent is on this spot A (just an example) on the pitch, he can only score in x number of ways, and if I block him, where can or will he most likely go after I have ruined his chance and repeat this. This only works if you know what type of goals exist, and how well you know your opponents style of play.
That being said, even if you have a good idea of what your opponent will do in the game it can still be hard to defend with a lot of delay online, but that is just how it is.

Also the Amiga keeper rarely let goals in from close corner of the goal, usually always the far corner is where the opponent can score. Exceptions are probably dribble goals, L-goal and the the semi distance shot (if you don t know these goals already you need to play more games) :)

Another thing more experienced players do is abuse certain shots/passes versus specific standard tactics. Pretty much all of them have some kind of weakness that let you get a big chance against this tactic. Check out a few of these here: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLi248HSYt...M7XHZiiwlF6sJpNQx-HD

I hope this is helpful in some way.

More
7 years 9 months ago #133887 by SPIR
Replied by SPIR on topic Re: Mastering DEFENCE?
To djowGers great tips I would add: When you are defending with the 442, guide your players towards your own goal by constantly pressing your controller back. This alone makes sure you have a number of defenders in your box.

Defensive midfielder (DM) is key (442 again). From their own half, opponents will often get clear from your DM with a long ball. Don t think your DM is lost when this happens; Try and get your DM back into your defensive zone by holding the controller direction constantly towards your own goal. Many times the DM will make it back in time to defend a shot, if not you will have at least 2 other defenders in the box.
Defending this way (deep) gives your opponent plenty of space in the area from midfield and to the beginning of your penalty area, where he can attempt a semi distance or other trickery. But at least you will have a defender in the box with a chance to head/tackle it away from the line (which is very satisfactory, if not nerve-racking).

Have fun :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #133888 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Mastering DEFENCE?
There is one thing you can train vs. CPU.
Take some crappy team (El Salvador, 4th division or similar), and play against CPU controlled top teams.

Statistic aim:
0 shots on target / goal attempts by CPU.

If you manage to achieve this, you have already learned a lot (intercepting passes/shots like djowGer explained).

In other words: Always run around in your opponent s feet! :)

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #133914 by atilla
Replied by atilla on topic Re: Mastering DEFENCE?
Thanks a lot guys, for the advice. :)

Now go to practice it. :)
To become ;D

More
7 years 9 months ago #133915 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Re: Mastering DEFENCE?
Really?

:P

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #133953 by Bomb
Replied by Bomb on topic Re: Mastering DEFENCE?

Really?

:P

:D

@atilla: sometimes I use... ehm ... lets say the bulgarian way of defending (sry marin :P ). that means: tackle as much as you can from every direction. its not beautiful, but its a part of SWOS. that way, you can destroy the opponents flow...

of course you should be aware you will hit the opponents player for sure, else you lose one defender after another....

More
7 years 9 months ago #133954 by Bomb
Replied by Bomb on topic Re: Mastering DEFENCE?
.... and of course, marin is one of the tackle-masters in SWOS; so he knows what he is doing ;)

More
7 years 9 months ago #133958 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Re: Mastering DEFENCE?
Spir talks about allowing your opponent run freely in midfield and stopping them once they near to your box.

I prefer more direct approach, making gaining every pixel of pitch as hard as possible. Trying to win every ball, intercepting each pass, etc...

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds