Pressing F10 - different chants remain compared to 16/17 - why?

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #142493 by captaincofresi
I am kinda used to playing Amiga SWOS 16/17 and pressing F10 to mute some of the more 'present / in your face / strongly repetitive' chants. In this version it looks like the BG Crowd Noise BGCRD3L.* is the one that remains, as it is called in the SWOS Toal Pack 2020.

So the difference in SWOS 2020 is, when I press F10 there with the new Total Pack 2020 it looks like the more 'present / in your face / strongly repetitive' chants remain, this could be either Main Chant CHANT4L.* , CHANT8L.* or CHANT10L.* or all of these?

• Who knows what chants are muted in SWOS 2020 when pressing F10?
  • Could there also be Default Sounds MOD in the MODs list, so that I can switch chants around e.g.?

Kudos on the whole package. Overall from what I tested so far, it all seems to work. And I really like the elaborate commentary from Jon Champion and Jim Beglin. These seem to work best if there is at least some background chanting, so therefore my questions above ;-).
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by captaincofresi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #142502 by starwindz

I am kinda used to playing Amiga SWOS 16/17 and pressing F10 to mute some of the more 'present / in your face / strongly repetitive' chants. In this version it looks like the BG Crowd Noise BGCRD3L.* is the one that remains, as it is called in the SWOS Toal Pack 2020.

So the difference in SWOS 2020 is, when I press F10 there with the new Total Pack 2020 it looks like the more 'present / in your face / strongly repetitive' chants remain, this could be either Main Chant CHANT4L.* , CHANT8L.* or CHANT10L.* or all of these?

• Who knows what chants are muted in SWOS 2020 when pressing F10?
  • Could there also be Default Sounds MOD in the MODs list, so that I can switch chants around e.g.?

Kudos on the whole package. Overall from what I tested so far, it all seems to work. And I really like the elaborate commentary from Jon Champion and Jim Beglin. These seem to work best if there is at least some background chanting, so therefore my questions above ;-).

what commentary and chant did you use in case of this issue?
it seems combination of commentary and chants are related to this issue...
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
4 years 3 months ago #142504 by captaincofresi
I have the commentary set to Jon Champion and Jim Beglin. And the SFX set to the original (unchecked Enable Custom SFX). And I think this is a SFX problem, but it might not be. Since sometimes chants/commentary seem to be mixed a bit.

When using the Amiga SWOS 16/17, and pressing F10 there is more of a background chant. Since I don't like the repetitive Main Chants. So I am looking to fix that for Amiga SWOS 2020, in the Total Pack that is.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #142506 by captaincofresi
SOLUTION: Looks like pressing F10 mutes all chants except for the Main Chant - CHANT4L.RAW. So I now have the 'quick and dirty' solution for local play: switched around the CHANT4L.RAW file with the BGCRD3L.RAW file in the default folder for SWOS 2020 Total Pack.

More
4 years 3 months ago #142507 by captaincofresi

SOLUTION: Looks like pressing F10 mutes all chants except for the Main Chant - CHANT4L.RAW. So I now have the 'quick and dirty' solution for local play: switched around the CHANT4L.RAW file with the BGCRD3L.RAW file in the default folder for SWOS 2020 Total Pack.

Seems I was cheering too early ;-). This does not work. Pressing F10 with Chants = ON in SWOS 2020 gives all kinds of different results it seems. Sometimes chants remain, sometimes it even goes completely silent. It also seems random what chants remain, but it seems to be one of the three repetitive Main Chants I mentioned earlier here. I always have turned off the Menu Music.

I tested it for Liverpool vs Leicster and for Holland vs Belgium, there doesn't seem to be a clear pattern to what F10 does and what chants would remain in that case.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #142509 by captaincofresi
F10 seems to turn off the all chants except for the Main Chants CHANT4L.RAW , CHANT8L.RAW or CHANT10L.RAW in SWOS 2020 Total Pack. And off course the F10 function is different compared to Amiga SWOS 16/17, since that one doesn't have commentary at all. So thanks for adding Commentary to the Amiga version of the game :-).

Finally a SOLUTION using the SWOS 2020 Total Pack system:

1. Add FolderX to the path: /yourgamesfolder/SWOS 2020 Total Pack/custom/sound_sfx/
2. Add another folder called Generic to FolderX, so the path is: /yourgamesfolder/SWOS 2020 Total Pack/custom/sound_sfx/FolderX/generic/
3. Placed all the Default sound files in that folder.
4. Checked custom SFX in the SWOS Total Pack 2020 system.
5. Replaced all the Main Chant sounds CHANT4L.RAW , CHANT8L.RAW or CHANT10L.RAW to BGCRD3L - original.RAW (renamed it to make sure there are no double files used in the system).

This seems to work. Only one small problem remains, is that when you have pressed F10 ingame the system thinks you have 'turned off' all chants. So in order to only have the Main Chants, you have to go back to the menu, turn on chants and then ingame press F10 again. But since for my only the main chants were a bit too repetitive, I will just keep the chants on and maybe even add some from the sound files that I like.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #142515 by starwindz

F10 seems to turn off the all chants except for the Main Chants CHANT4L.RAW , CHANT8L.RAW or CHANT10L.RAW in SWOS 2020 Total Pack. And off course the F10 function is different compared to Amiga SWOS 16/17, since that one doesn't have commentary at all. So thanks for adding Commentary to the Amiga version of the game :-).

Finally a SOLUTION using the SWOS 2020 Total Pack system:

1. Add FolderX to the path: /yourgamesfolder/SWOS 2020 Total Pack/custom/sound_sfx/
2. Add another folder called Generic to FolderX, so the path is: /yourgamesfolder/SWOS 2020 Total Pack/custom/sound_sfx/FolderX/generic/
3. Placed all the Default sound files in that folder.
4. Checked custom SFX in the SWOS Total Pack 2020 system.
5. Replaced all the Main Chant sounds CHANT4L.RAW , CHANT8L.RAW or CHANT10L.RAW to BGCRD3L - original.RAW (renamed it to make sure there are no double files used in the system).

This seems to work. Only one small problem remains, is that when you have pressed F10 ingame the system thinks you have 'turned off' all chants. So in order to only have the Main Chants, you have to go back to the menu, turn on chants and then ingame press F10 again. But since for my only the main chants were a bit too repetitive, I will just keep the chants on and maybe even add some from the sound files that I like.

There is a bug in `Enable Custom SFX` option. this option is not active. following exe fixes the bug of this option.
www.mediafire.com/file/pfhjsegc37y4sep/n...ack-1.0.1pre.7z/file
but it seems this bug is not related to this F10 issue. I will try to do more tests.

also plz turn on `Force to copy commentary/SFX files` option to confirm copying sound files like this

thanks for testing
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by starwindz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #142535 by captaincofresi
Thanks for this. Recently I noticed that it seems F10 mutes Commentary + all Chants except for the Main Chants CHANT4L.RAW , CHANT8L.RAW and CHANT10L.RAW. Since for me replacing those chants with the Background Chant works, I am not using F10 anymore, since I still also want to hear the Commentary. Really love that there are two different voices in it, great work!

The only thing I did notice, is that when I uncheck or check Music / Sound in the Launcher this does not translate to the game itself when playing it. It seems a bit random what is than turned on/off. What I saw for sure is that turning off Music in the Launcher, does not work. The ingame Music is than still on. But this might be what you meant by, 'there are still issues with the sound', good luck with the debugging. For now I will just don't use those features.

All the custom GFX option seem to work fine though, great work! I am using the Yellow/Blue ball, tested the Blonde haired and Black haired referee with their Yellow kits, the Custom Scorboard in Top Left and the Goalkeepers with Gloves. Amazing work!

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds