Re: Sensible Soccer 2006 - Mod/Editors Community Read Here...

• Styro
  • Styro's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago #9483 by Styro
Have pros do the dirty work. Where s the fun in that ??
I wanna screw up my installations all by myself ;)

Its a bit of a mystery. I can t seem to locate stuff like london reds anywhere in the data.

Me neither, I was thinig of taking a look at SStweaks tonight, see if there s some reference to the opriginal names in the clubnm.big.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pfm
  • pfm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago - 17 years 9 months ago #9486 by pfm
Just to give news that i was able to MOD the PS2 version successfully
so far i tested changing the camera view using pelenky s zoomd out View.ini file
but i recon using a altered Namesnw.bin file for correct player names also must work

Edit:just tested the namesNw correction and it works fine too ;)

Step by Step guide here!
pfm.no.sapo.pt/SENSI2006_MOD_GUIDE.htm

VideoPreview here!
www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download ufid=3D6275B66A315FA6

• Styro
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago - 17 years 9 months ago #9503 by Styro
Just noticed something. I have no clue what difference this makes 8if any), but in the worlddat folder the following files are located (take not of the capital letters)
HeadLn_C.bin
HeadLn_D.bin
HeadLn_E.bin
HeadLn_F.bin
HeadLn_G.bin
HeadLn_I.bin
HeadLn_S.bin

These all contain historic data on various clubs from around the world. I don t know what this is used for.
Within the ClubnNM.big these files are located (again note the capital letters)

ClubNm_C.bin
ClubNm_D.bin
ClubNm_E.bin
ClubNm_F.bin
ClubNm_G.bin
ClubNm_I.bin
ClubNm_S.bin

which contains all the real clubnames plus abbrevations.
Seems strange that Kuju has all this correct info lying around in the worlddata, but no apparent use for it.

Also finally found the custom players names, they re in the sensiblesoccer2006.dat. Now i just have to find where the first letter is located.

• matt
  • matt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago #9507 by matt
I ve also seen strings that look like commentator speak eg. the goalie touches the ball over for a corner and the goalie comes out of his area to kick the ball to safety that sort of thing. Could it be a commentator was planned?

Also, there s lots of references to Training mode and a folder on the PS2 disc so I m wondering if they had that planned or if it s a left-over from the Club Football game?

Finally, the PS2 version has a dummy 1GB file on ther ejust to take up space. If I got rid of that I could burn to CD and not to DVD. Is that worth a go?

• Styro
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago #9514 by Styro

I ve also seen strings that look like commentator speak eg. the goalie touches the ball over for a corner and the goalie comes out of his area to kick the ball to safety that sort of thing. Could it be a commentator was planned?

Also, there s lots of references to Training mode and a folder on the PS2 disc so I m wondering if they had that planned or if it s a left-over from the Club Football game?

Think you nailed it there.
Anyone here ever played Club Football, and confimr if there was training and/or commentary similar to what s described above ??

• CATS
  • CATS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago #9611 by CATS
Incidentally I m not sure how appropriate it is to be talking about cracking the game dat or exe in here, despite most of us probably having a legitimate copy of the game. I certainly won t be looking into anything to do with that.

Just a heads up for the rest of you just in case we suddenly find this thread shut or something.

Good idea to have a mods community website, I ll see what we can get set up :)

More
17 years 9 months ago #9623 by edasx

my bet, that it s for a debug mode... to see the reactions of the AI on certain situations... you can turn on some of debugs in sstweaks.txt (x.dat on PC).

• Fry
  • Fry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago #9747 by Fry
hi all, i m an italian boy, and i m studing program languages ...
in this last days i begin to play SS2006, and it like me very much !! i have think to made a MOD to Modify/Add : players teams and leagues to the original game.
I have some problem to find the Player-Team associations in the file containg the data like NamesNw.bin and HeadLn_C.bin, somebody know what means all the 00 (HEX Editor) between the players and teams ??
if anybody has some suggestions plz told me in this thread ....

(i m sorry for my BAD english )

More
17 years 9 months ago #9760 by Synchronated
A 00 is just a blank entry with a square symbol if you look at the text.

All the corrected names, teams and leagues are in the patch in my signature below.

The data is still not very accurate but at least the names are ok now.

• Snader
  • Snader's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago #9784 by Snader
Sensible Socks enables you to have several Kits.big and View.ini files available and to use them with Sensible Soccer 2006.

Please rename kits\kits.big and ini\View.ini to kits\kits.backup and ini\View.backup!

Be sure that all files in the kits and ini directory are NOT readonly!

This program comes with the original versions of the files mentioned, but they were renamed to:

- kits_original.big (kits directory)
- View_original.ini (ini directory)

To add more variations of these files, please rename new files like this:

- kits_DESCRIPTION.big
- View_DESCRIPTION.ini

Place the files into the kits or ini directory and Sensible Socks will find the files automatically naming them: DESCRIPTION.
Sensible Socks should be in the same directory as SensibleSoccer2006.exe

The program comes without warrenty!

Dowload at www.megaupload.com/?d=K0SDSITU

The archive must be unpacked in the same directory as SensibleSoccer2006.exe preserving the directorystructure in the archive!!!

Have fun!

Snader
www.snader.nl/sensiblesoccer/

PS I included some view.ini files. More kits.big files can be found in this forum and at Codemasters forum

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds