Re: Sensible Days 2015 - Lubin, Poland - August 1/2

More
8 years 7 months ago #129634 by AndYpsilon
As already mentioned by others: Dior, Foka, Dzem, Xflea, Paczek, Lobo and all the other polish organizers – you did a great job :) Location was just perfect for Sensi Days – food and accommodation at a really high level.

Special thx to the drivers Soja, Paczek and Foka – we arrived at the airport just in time ;)

Of course congratz again to the winners, especially Playaveli for his 5th title on PC and Blazej as MVP of this year s Sensi Days: Playing three finals and taking 2 titles is just outstanding. Of course congratz to Bomb and Gomi as well for their strong performances and bronze medals on PC resp. Amiga.

Some suggestions for optimizing the schedule – I already talked with Rock about this on sunday: It s a pity that the Amiga final was so late so that many people already went to bed and didn t watch these matches. Reasons have been the interruptions by matches on other platforms (classic) and an extreme slow Group B (and F?) on Amiga. Maybe we should use the def loss rule a bit stricter in the future: Waiting 15-20 minutes (or even longer) for players is really no option at such big tournaments. (@Rock: Ofc going to the toilet just after you see whom you playing should still be allowed :D :P ;))
A stricter time schedule for classic tournament like playing all matches until the quarter final on the first day and quarter final, semi final and final on the second day until 8 pm would possibly help as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #129637 by dior
Thank you Guys, all of you. We did it, there was plenty of small of big mistakes but in the end the swos spirit and team work
got the upper hand. I ll write the longer report until the end fo the week. Now im trying to get back from the dead :) Last weeks and especially last weekend was absolutley crazy! In a good sense of course!
Stay tuned.

More
8 years 7 months ago #129638 by andib
Safe back home in Denmark.

It was nice to see old friends again and really great to meet new ones as well. Especially to see Cinek, Loozak and Assura, whom are players I have played quite a lot online.

Thanks to the organizers (Foka, Dzem, Paczek, Dior, Xflea and Lobo) for a great tournament. You did a really good job as already told.

Congratz to Playaveli, DjowGer and Blazej x2 for winning the tournaments.

I agree with AndyPsilon and Rock. We need stricter time schedule. If people think they want to relax a bit instead of playing they should quit classic and Xbox in my opinion. It really doesnt make sense that group B was far behind the rest of the groups. For sure it wasnt the amiga, because it was one of the few with external disk drives.

Other suggestions for date of future Sensi Days. It would be great to have Sensi Days the last weekend in July. Quite a lot had to leave in the middle of the night to go back to work. They are both teachers and it is almost impossible to have monday off from work. I think the dutchmen had the same problem.

More
8 years 7 months ago #129639 by andib
Btw we need to find out what to do, when a player have to go (for whatever reason) during a tournament, so the organizers wont have a situation like we had in our group on saturday.

In this case it didnt have any influence on the group stage, but quite a lot on the KO-stage.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #129640 by AndYpsilon

Btw we need to find out what to do, when a player have to go (for whatever reason) during a tournament, so the organizers wont have a situation like we had in our group on saturday.

In this case it didnt have any influence on the group stage, but quite a lot on the KO-stage.

Without judging the reasons for quitting (!) I think the only really fair option in such a case is to value ALL matches 0-3, even matches that have already been played.
Otherwise this always influences the outcome of group stage and ko-trees.
We made this mistake once at Eifel-X-Mas-Cup to value only missed matches 0-3 but it wasn t fair in that case for some players and thus we won t do this again.

I also do agree with andib about the fix Sensi Days date at the last weekend in July.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #129642 by andib

Without judging the reasons for quitting (!) I think the only really fair option in such a case is to value ALL matches 0-3, even matches that have already been played.
Otherwise this always influences the outcome of group stage and ko-trees.
We made this mistake once at Eifel-X-Mas-Cup to value only missed matches 0-3 but it wasn t fair in that case for some players and thus we won t do this again.

I also do agree with andib about the fix Sensi Days date at the last weekend in July.

What about if the player has played all his matches in the first round (so everyone had played against him once) but have to quit afterwards? Does it make a chance. I just want to be clear about the rules before next sensi days, so the organizers dont have to be in a situation where they have to decide.
You could turn it around as well. If someone lost all his matches but one and he the points he took was against one of his friends and with the losing the point his friend will be nr 2 instead of nr 1. Then the guy quits the tournament (because he just play it for the beers) and suddenly his friend is nr 1 in the group again. What to do in this situation?

Just want to be clear about the situation. Not because I disagree with you about what to do.

In this situation klinki was nr 2 no matter what we had done. Maybe Paider was a bit angry playing against a player, who has not played many matches of the group. Though in this situation there was a really good explanation for the absent of the player.

More
8 years 7 months ago #129644 by AndYpsilon

Though in this situation there was a really good explanation for the absent of the player.

This for sure and I wish him all the best!!!

More
8 years 7 months ago #129645 by Rock and Roll
I remember speaking with Andib about this.
I believe it s difficult to find 1 rule to deal with things like this, seeing as each case is different.

Best solution? Well, I d leave it up to the organizers and a few ss.de old-timers/admins like ElMichaJ, Playaveli and Lobo to deal with it.

More
8 years 7 months ago #129646 by andib

I remember speaking with Andib about this.
I believe it s difficult to find 1 rule to deal with things like this, seeing as each case is different.

Best solution? Well, I d leave it up to the organizers and a few ss.de old-timers/admins like ElMichaJ, Playaveli and Lobo to deal with it.

But we could have some standard rules e.g. if it is because of being to drunk or just have to leave for work, it could be 0-3 in every match.

This situation was very rare. I dont think we would experience it in the future.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #129647 by ElMichaJ
The current ways we know are not working really good.

It would suppose:
- first time 10 mins too late = yellow card
- second time = yellow/red card = three points loss after finishing groupstage
- third time = complete delete from table = (also a bye for KO Opponent)

also:
- less than a half games made = complete delete = (also a bye for KO Opponent)
- more than a half games made = only first half counts, not the rest = (on AMIGA all games delete, because of tactic rules = (also a bye for KO Opponent))

I can understand beeing angry of some people ... But for restrictions or penalties or rules changings because of too long breakes i would open another thread, because this few points give a lot ways to discuss about it.

in this topic i only want to read some reviews or see some fotos

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds