Re: Sensible Days 2007

More
16 years 11 months ago #23260 by Wänä81
Replied by Wänä81 on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

@ Playaveli I think it is not necessary to reply every opinion of every post here in forum ;) Only MY OPINION , hehe ::)

My dear Waenae, you would do EXACTLY the same if it was about your Saltghetto Cup and people calling it bad names for nothing.

Yeah , you´´re right in the case someone would say some words like it sucks and it´s a lottery ! But only 2 guys do that , if i count right ! For me it seems that you want to convince the community , that your way is the only and the best way to play a tournament . But that´s not necessary ! It´s your tourney and you set the rules !
Otherwise i think everyone have the right to say his opinion ! And you must not comment every opinion . ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #23261 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

For me it seems that you want to convince the community , that your way is the only and the best way to play a tournament . But that´s not necessary !

Ehhm, what?

Look in the topic for Central Germany Cup...Did I complain about the rules or try to convince Pallister to change them? ;) Nope...

We always asked all people in this thread to please first play in the Sensible Days...and AFTERWARDS, post your opinions and reports. Not too much of a demand, is it?

More
16 years 11 months ago #23263 by AndYpsilon
Replied by AndYpsilon on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
Ok! I think the different opinions are quite clear now; aren t they? So we can stop this discussion before it really gets ridiculous.

Indeed, nothing has changed as has already been pointed out: The organizer makes the rules and everybody is used to DIY-Leagues since most of us play SWOS for a long time.

So: LET THE SWOS-FIGHTS BEGIN!!! ;D

More
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #23264 by Emmeti
Replied by Emmeti on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
Hey playaveli , you are talking about something from our private conversation, not this topic! (no really forum material and kinda incomplete too), i don t like this behaviour , but that s ok, no big deal.

Back to topic i can only say : Not only we re used to it , we consider it also fair and we like it too and be sure if someday we ll think there s a more fair way to determine the winner , you ll be the first to know it.
I know DIY leagues, i ve played DIY leagues , probably more than you (not sure and actually irrelevant if more or less) , infact, it s because i know DIY leagues that i say what i am saying in this topic right now. It s the opposite of having a prejudice. I am not prejudging anything , i am just comparing 2 things that are different , because born different and i analize them only in the context of which of them could be (COULD BE) more fair in an event like sensidays.

The 3 - 5 mins is totally different material. The problem was you and red ignored the opinion of great part of the community at the time (majority for 5 mins at that time) you took the decision ...that s all. The rest is opinion.

Also once again, you didn t invent 3 mins games, like you didn t invent DIY league, consider the fact the other people know what they re talking about, i never doubt your knowledge please do the same...

More
16 years 11 months ago #23265 by AndYpsilon
Replied by AndYpsilon on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007

Hey playaveli , you are talking about something from our private conversation, not this topic! (no really forum material and kinda incomplete too), i don t like this behaviour , but that s ok, no big deal.

Back to topic i can only say : Not only we re used to it , we consider it also fair and we like it too and be sure if someday we ll think there s a more fair way to determine the winner , you ll be the first to know it.
I know DIY leagues, i ve played DIY leagues , probably more than you (not sure and actually irrelevant if more or less) , infact, it s because i know DIY leagues that i say what i am saying in this topic right now. It s the opposite of having a prejudice. I am not prejudging anything , i am just comparing 2 things that are different , because born different and i analize them only in the context of which of them could be (COULD BE) more fair in an event like sensidays.

The 3 - 5 mins is totally different material. The problem was you and red ignored a great part of the community s opinion at the time (majority for 5 mins at that time) you took the decision ...that s all. The rest is opinion.

Also once again, you didn t invent 3 mins games, like you didn t invent DIY league, consider the fact the other people know what they re talking about, i never doubt your knowledge please do the same...

Man, your opinion is clear now! You don t need to repeat it on every page ;)
(This isn t a personal attack - but this I meant with before it really gets ridiculous )

More
16 years 11 months ago #23266 by Playaveli
But in this topic at least the same number of people like DIY leagues. If not more. Count if you want.
And from the opposition some of them don t actually come. So maybe they should open another topic elsewhere to discuss DIY vs Excel.

And as we have always maintained, the Days are something for everybody, not only for ss.de online player. They are coming all from different kinds of spots and have different traditions. Some with DIY, some without, some with Auto-replays on, some without etc etc etc...some with free controller choice, some without...the list is long.

We have to find rules that are a compromise and where the best players in the end make it to the finals. That is absolutely given for this tournament. So I really cannot understand all this negativity. If you make a big event like this you CANNOT satisfy everybody in a complete way. It has to be a compromise, really. And in the rules there is at least something everybody can identify with, and that s ok and the way to go.

And if you don t understand that, I cannot help you.

More
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #23267 by Junior
Replied by Junior on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
If you guys are so extremely worried about luck being the deciding factor, why have none of you mentioned the fact that there s only ONE rematch if a KO match ends in a draw?!?!

Seriously, you guys should be ten times more worried about getting kicked out in penalties than some hypothetical injury. Whoever wins a penalties competition wins only because of luck. Here you can talk about luck being the deciding factor.
An offline tournament should be constructed so that the chance of penalties become as small as possible. There s nothing worse than traveling 1000 kilometers just to get kicked out in penalties. Every good player can endure an injury or two, but penalties are always random.

@ Pallister At this point it doesn t seem like you really care about the injuries and the DIY leagues. All your last 10 posts focus on how Playaveli is being rude and on minor rhetorical details. Earlier M653 called Playaveli a sophist, maybe you should try discussing the subject and not discuss the discussion again, then you would avoid becoming that which he accused Playa of being.

@mt653 Of course, it is theoretically more fair if no one is able to get an injury, but playing with injuries is still fair. There s no way it can be described as unfair. This is really a hurricane in a glass of water. As I said earlier, Sensible Days should not be a clinical tournament. Last time I participated, I was disappointed with the tournament because everything was arranged from an ideal of complete clinical fairness. Matches were 5 min, there was no tournament, but instead a big league, we only played friendlies... For me none of it worked. Even though the players were good, it was a boring and unexciting tournament. And all of the things that made the tournament bad was based on an idea of fairness. It was more fair to play 5 min because then it would always be the best player who won. It was more fair if everyone met everyone, because then there would be no doubt who was the best. It was more fair to play friendlies than DIY leagues because then there would be no injuries. The final result might have been fair , but it was a very chaotic, unexciting and strange tournament for me. I was very disappointed. I tried to let people know of what I thought was wrong, but back then people were very worried that if anything was changed, luck and randomness would suddenly decide the outcome.
Of course, they were mistaken. Fairness is an ideal, but it should only be implemented to the point where it doesn t conflict with having an exciting tournament.

Now, I m very glad that Redhair and Playa have learned from experience and changed the settings. And you guys should be glad too. Wait till you experience the joy of DIY leagues. It s the best way to do it. It gives a whole new dimension to group playing. There s no doubt about it. It s just the only right way to play SWOS IMO. I ll be very surprised if you still feel the way you do after the tournament.

EDIT: mistakes mentioned by mt653

More
16 years 11 months ago #23268 by Emmeti
Replied by Emmeti on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
hehe, i called him sophist, not pallister.

Mt653 , not 635...

More
16 years 11 months ago #23269 by Junior
Replied by Junior on topic Re: Sensible Days 2007
sorry,

More
16 years 11 months ago #23272 by Playaveli
If the matches are played with the same fire as this discussion is led...We ll have some great matches and a great tournament. ;)

@Junior: Ready to concede some of those headers again? ;D

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds