Sensible Days 2020 - Zloty Potok, Poland

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #143736 by xflea
Guys,

Unfortunately, due to the coronavirus mess, it seems that the location we were about to hold the tournament is closed permanently. I have been trying to contact them for a couple of weeks but with no response. Cinek went to the location and found it closed. It is only strange to me as I spoke to the owner like 2 months ago and he assured me everything will go as normal...

Anyway - this location is not available.

Given the recent discussions in the community and the developments on the coronavirus front, I assume that some of you are not able to join anymore or do not want to take a risk. On the other hand there are some who would come.

Therefore I would like you to consider 3 options on what to do next:

1. Have the sensidays on the original date (17-20 July) in another location (we've started to look for it already), maybe smaller then the original.

2. Move sensidays further this year, like to September or October (also in a new location).

3. Move sensidays to 2021.

Personally, I would prefer option no. 1, and I would hate option no. 3.

For all those players who already paid their sensibledays fees I will offer a full refund in case they can't / doesn't want to come.

Please give me your opinions.

Finally I would like to say that we (cinek and me) are really sorry and upset on the whole situation. We were really looking forward to host 2020 sensidays but the global situation is just crazy :(

I hope we can figure out a solution that would be at least satisfactionary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #143737 by DoTa

xflea wrote: Guys,

Unfortunately, due to the coronavirus mess, it seems that the location we were about to hold the tournament is closed permanently. I have been trying to contact them for a couple of weeks but with no response. Cinek went to the location and found it closed. It is only strange to me as I spoke to the owner like 2 months ago and he assured me everything will go as normal...

Anyway - this location is not available.

Given the recent discussions in the community and the developments on the coronavirus front, I assume that some of you are not able to join anymore or do not want to take a risk. On the other hand there are some who would come.

Therefore I would like you to consider 3 options on what to do next:

1. Have the sensidays on the original date (17-20 July) in another location (we've started to look for it already), maybe smaller then the original.

2. Move sensidays further this year, like to September or October (also in a new location).

3. Move sensidays to 2021.

Personally, I would prefer option no. 1, and I would hate option no. 3.

For all those players who already paid their sensibledays fees I will offer a full refund in case they can't / doesn't want to come.

Please give me your opinions.

Finally I would like to say that we (cinek and me) are really sorry and upset on the whole situation. We were really looking forward to host 2020 sensidays but the global situation is just crazy :(

I hope we can figure out a solution that would be at least satisfactionary.


Thank you XFlea and Cinek that you organize this. This situation is really stupid for you, im sorry for that.

Actually i didnt booked a flight or a bus, thats why i prefer Option 2, more September then October. I think till then we should have no Lockdown anymore and travel will be easily possible, hopefully. And everyone will know something more about this virus and the pandemic situation. The plannend SensiDays are just two weeks to early :/.

But if everyone applies to option 1, i think ill join also. But at the moment i dont have much contact and also if with max 4 persons at same time, so i ill will then see if its for me to early to go normal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #143738 by Bomb
THx for the update. Option 1.
I think in September or October the situation has not changed much ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #143739 by Paider
Thank you for the update and your efforts!

I will also prefer Option 1 because flights are booked and are not yet canceled (but can happen for sure on short term).
But also for Option 2 I would try to join, if the new date is suiteable.

But to be honest, one year without Sensi Day would be really sad, but in this situation it is also something which needs to be accepted. As well as not all players can take part because of regulations, personal fears or even other circumstances in this situation it needs to be considered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #143740 by lobo
Option 1 for me. As it stands there is no perfect solution and we should go for lesser evil. Moving the tournament to another date would be risky as we don't know what the situation will be then. Would be a shame to break continuity of this great event. Obviously, it won't be as glamorous as usual but most things aren't these days.

Saying that, seems as I will not be able to join this year. UK government have announced obligatory 2 weeks quarantine for everyone returning from Europe and I'm not in a position to do it. Fingers crossed things will change before Days.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago - 1 month 4 weeks ago #143741 by AndYpsilon
The facts
- that organizers like Rock, the Danes and maybe Lobo cannot join because of health risks or government regulations
- that flights (Pino & Schulle) have already been cancelled
- that the situation with the location is unclear
are enough arguments for me to realize: July is simply too early for Sensi Days this year.

In my opinion, all of this is not a matter of individual preferences, because then I would also say: Do the Sensi Days, because it's one of the big highlights of the year for most of us.

However, to me it's more about responsibility: It's just not sensible ;) to meet with 20-40 people for 3-4 days in the current situation.

And Sensi Days with only 10-20 participants and not everybody able to join who wants to just makes no sense to me.

So I'm against a "arrange the tournament at any price" and vote against option 1. We'll see if option 2 is possible or if we have to live with smaller national tournaments this year and are all the more pleased to meet again next year for option 3.
Last edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by AndYpsilon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #143743 by Klinki
Thanks for the update. Option 1 for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #143744 by andib
I totally agree with AndYpsilon. No need to write the same again for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 4 weeks ago - 1 month 4 weeks ago #143745 by ElMichaJ
It is interesting to see how many different opinions and reasons we can see here and in whatsapp.

my favorite is option 1, then 2 then 3 ^^
which means, that i would prefer to play on the original date. If the opening goes continously as a line like the last weeks, we wont have much trouble in 5 weeks to play with much (or only some) restrictions.

A crititical date to decide will be around 20th of June. If there wont be a big increase of numbers until that date, we could go on.
In germany we had a lot of demonstrations like this here :



just checkout timestamp 10:30

1) this could have a big effect on numbers and there will be new close downs, then we will have to postpone it.
2) there is no real effect on numbers .... then we could play for sure our little event

even if we are just 15 or 20 players, it would be sad, but playable like a big league or something else.

It will be less fun than usual maybe, but as we can see, there are some more people who like to do this.

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!
Last edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by ElMichaJ.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 4 weeks ago #143746 by ElMichaJ
link.e.doodle.com/uni/ls/click?upn=tj06F...TnocQLMpvPCgMw-3D-3D

a doodle, cause internal polls dont work atm

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum