Problem: Total-Pack 1.09 (XP - SP2)

• Henrik Larsson
  • Henrik Larsson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 4 months ago #31026 by Henrik Larsson
Problem: Total-Pack 1.09 (XP - SP2) was created by Henrik Larsson
Hi everybody, have tried to get Total-Pack 1.09 running on my computer (Total Pack 1.04 has not worked either). I have Windows XP (SP2). SWOS is installed in C:\Program Files\Games\SWOS.

when I start the prog with Total-Pack application, the prog (after opening a DOS-Window) shuts down again, and I get back to the Total-Pack Application.
I then tried to start the SWS.exe file directly from the C:/Games/SWOS folder. I then ended up having two messages:

- the operating system is not supported
- drive not ready error reading drive D: (ignore, Fail, Retry)

-- if i ignore it, then sensible soccer starts, but when clicking ctrl-button to skip intro, it crashes. And if I wait, I end up with a dark screen and nothing happening anymore.

So, what should I do? Do I have to make a partition D: in order to get it working? (Or can i somehow tell the Program not to look for drive D: and drive C: instead?)

- Furthermore I have tried to manually start SWS from DOSBox. I finally ended up, being able to start SWOS beyond the Intro-Screen. Even the Keyboard and the Joypads did work in the Menus. But as soon as I started a friendly, the controller (keyboard and Joypads) failed (could walk straight, back, and right, but not left). It seems natural for the Joypads (since the coordinates of the calibration-menu seemed a little weird - but nevertheless it worked fine in the menus), but even with the keyboard-controls I wasn t able to walk left. Moreover, when I start over DOSBox I get the message, that 2 controllers have been detected over USB.

- Well, and anyways, after starting and restarting a couple of times over DosBox (to try to fix the problem; yes I have also reinstalled the total-pack) even that didn t work properly anymore. I seriously don t know what else I could try instead of asking here in the forum.

- Are there specific alternations I have to edit in the config-file from DOS-BOX, or anything else?

Sorry for bothering you, but I really want to get this going...I am somewhat Sensible addicted ;o))))

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #31601 by EreWeGo
Hi Henrik.

First, the errors you mentioned when running the sws.exe directly - you mean like this?

The operating system is not supported message - I get this too, but I just hit enter and the game continues loading. It s related to SWOS++, and doesn t affect the game.

The other message, the drive not ready error reading drive D: (ignore, Fail, Retry) is because you are running the sws.exe firectly, and the game is probably looking for the SWOS CD rom.

The Total pack shouldn t need any manual configuration of the DosBox settings as far as I know - it should all be preconfigured... If it starts to load, but then quits back to the options screen, something must be set wrong or incompatible?

What I would try though is some simple troubleshooting:

* Try running the SWOS Total Pack without any of your USB joysticks plugged in
* Try unticking the SWOS++ box on the second screen of the Total Pack:

*Check that CPU Cycles are set to 10000, and you could also try disabling sound temporarily:

Let us know if any of this makes any difference
:)

• Henrik Larsson
  • Henrik Larsson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 4 months ago #32453 by Henrik Larsson
Replied by Henrik Larsson on topic Re: Problem: Total-Pack 1.09 (XP - SP2)
Hi,
thanks for the reply. Tried all that, and still doesn t work :o(
If anybody has any other Tipps, don t hesitate to contact me. I m thankfull for all support.

Long live SWOS...

PS: Does anybody know, when the release date for the SWOS remake for Windows Vista is?

• royaltoon55
  • royaltoon55's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 2 months ago #127542 by royaltoon55
Replied by royaltoon55 on topic Re: Problem: Total-Pack 1.09 (XP - SP2)
Updates will work with any version, including Amiga emulation under WinUAE, if you configure it correctly.

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds