Xin-Mo Joystick Help

• wowzer22
  • wowzer22's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 9 months ago #134408 by wowzer22
Xin-Mo Joystick Help was created by wowzer22
Hi all,

First of all, AWESOME work with the PC Total package...

So I m running the Total package (downloaded from the main page of the website) via DosBox on my Raspberry Pi (I can t seem to get the Amiga version to work for some reason) and have run into an issue. I ve calibrated my two joysticks (Xin-Mo two-player) but they seem to struggle in the game. Neither controller will consistently move to the right or down...sometimes they do, often, once they get the ball, they suddenly stop. I also can t seem to charge my kicks much (I can a bit but my goal kicks leave much to be desired) or curve my shots once I ve kicked them.

Interestingly enough, I have no issues moving right or down in the menu, it s just once the game starts. It s not my hardware as my joysticks work perfectly with every other game on my system (including the Genesis/MegaDrive version of the game).

I ve tried using the in-game control mapper and I ve tried using the DosBox mapper (which seems to work better than the SWOS++ mapper) but the problem persists (again, it s a little less jarring using the DosBox mapper).

Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #134410 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Xin-Mo Joystick Help
Hey

Try the program Joy2Key joytokey.net/en/
It emulates keypresses using any joystick. I use it to play PC SWOS myself.

I found a quick tutorial on youtube on how to set it up. It doesnt take much time.
else just search for joy2key on yt.

The keypresses in the game is arrows + right ctrl as standard

• wowzer22
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 9 months ago #134417 by wowzer22
Replied by wowzer22 on topic Re: Xin-Mo Joystick Help
Hmm, the Pi is Linux based and I m technically running DosBox via RetroPie/EmulationStation...not sure I can run two programs at once given those circumstances but I ll certainly try.

Is there another solution by chance? It s really weird that I have no controller issues in the menu or with any other game, yet struggle with this one. Really hoping to get it to work because as much as I love the Genesis/MegaDrive version I LOVE the updated rosters of the PC version.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #134421 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Xin-Mo Joystick Help
Start Dosbox, and hit CTRL-F1.... ;) Dosbox offers its own key mapper.
You can use mouse to assign keys, then click on Add , and you are asked for joystick input.
Attachments:

• wowzer22
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 9 months ago #134422 by wowzer22
Right, as mentioned I already tried the DosBox keymapper. I ve set both P1 and P2 joysticks properly and they respond fine in the menus, where they don t respond correctly is when on the pitch. The players, for the most part, get locked out of going down or to the right...however, sometimes they can run in those directions for a few seconds.

More
7 years 9 months ago #134423 by Playaveli
Get away from Total Pack, use this online version instead:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=25971.0

See if it works.

• wowzer22
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 9 months ago #134425 by wowzer22
Will definitely try once I get home. Just so that I m aware, what s the difference between this version and the Total Pack version?

More
7 years 9 months ago #134426 by Playaveli

Will definitely try once I get home. Just so that I m aware, what s the difference between this version and the Total Pack version?

Standalone, different game exe and latest ++ patch.

• wowzer22
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 9 months ago #134428 by wowzer22
Hmmm, that didn t appear to make a difference.

I tried three different methods of calibrating my joysticks:

1) Using the install file
2) Using the controls options in swsengpp.exe (the game)
3) Using the DosBox keymapper

In all three cases the problem persists...I can move in every direction in the menu with no problems, but when I try to play a match I can t seem to move to the right or down...my players just stop moving.

I have noticed that when calibrating using the install and the swsengpp control options that my upper left calibration locks to a single number, but my lower right calibrations seem to continue to calculate even when I m holding the joystick in the lower right position. I m wondering if this might be it? If so...why would I have no issues when navigating the menus in the same direction?

• wowzer22
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 9 months ago #134429 by wowzer22
OK, so progress!!!!

I was able to get some of the controls working by mapping my joysticks in the DosBox keymapper to the keyboard and then setting the same keys manually in the SWOS++ Keyboard + Keyboard control setting. I had been previously calibrating my joysticks to either the joystick keymapper settings or to the SWOS++ Joystick + Joystick but that was restricting my players movement for some reason.

Now I can move both 1P and 2P characters in all directions, there are only two problems:

1) If both players are moving all is well but if I leave one centered the other controller will cause them to move in the same direction as the other player. I think this might be because there is no center or idle command?
2) I can shoot but I can t curve the shot. Shouldn t that just be manipulating the direction buttons after I ve shot the ball into the air? Something about the shooting feels off...

Any tips welcome. I m so close!

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds