Adding Extra English Non-League Teams

• FalmerOK
  • FalmerOK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 11 months ago #104428 by FalmerOK
Adding Extra English Non-League Teams was created by FalmerOK
I have tried to add extra English non-league teams using SWoEditor with the hope that these might show up in the Cup competition. I have also seen the update which adds a fifth league for Argentina. My thinking is to possibly have an extra Conference division in England!

SWoEditor shows the extra teams but SWOS stops working when you subsequently attempt to use any English teams from that file.

In the DOS days of SWOS I did write a few small editor programs of my own but I have lost all the file format details I had. I would be capable of doing some more prorgramming on this, if necessary or using a Hex Editor.

Am I missing something fundamental such as limits on team ID numbers or other restrictions which are in the .exe file?

Please Can anyone help me on this and hopefully provide any file format information if changes to the .exe are needed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #104899 by Mozg
My experience with team files suggests that SWOS has a limit of possible teams in one TEAM file - the highest possible amount of teams in one TEAM file seems to be 93 - it s just a number of teams in file TEAM.008 in original SWOS, which contains english teams. Everytime I tried to put more than 93 teams in one file, game crashed in some moment.

• FalmerOK
  • FalmerOK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #105076 by FalmerOK
Replied by FalmerOK on topic Re: Adding Extra English Non-League Teams
I am certainly beginning to believe this limit exists. 93 is a strange number and limits the potential for extra non-league teams in the Cup, so I was just wondering whether that number is set somewhere in sws.exe.

SWOS does select more than one non-league team for Cup competitions in other countries but those countries have less teams.

I will do more checking of the team files and the .exe and post any observations that emerge.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds