Anyone managed to get Sensible Soccer running on their PDA

• RussWWFC
  • RussWWFC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 9 months ago #2699 by RussWWFC
Has anyone managed to get Sensible Soccer on their PDA. I presume the way to go is emulation but all the ones I have tried have been no good.

Specifically if you have done it with a HP IPAQ RX3715 I d be interested

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 9 months ago #10612 by torpedo
well, topic is a bit outdated, but... today i have managed to run SWOS on my PDA.

i m using dell axim x51 (basic version, not vga, no graphic acceleration). PC SWOS under dosbox is running more than acceptable if you just want to manage team, view highlights (haven t tried swos++ yet, so i dunno what about watching replays). just set it to 2000 cycles, 4 frameskip - it s absolutely brilliant then for mentioned purposes. unfortunately gameplay is slow (basicly unplayable, well maybe for masochists) but still it runs, and if you just want to prove that your PDA is able to handle swos it s ok.

if it comes to amiga version on pocket_uae it s even better - well i would say much better. not only management options are perfect to play, but the gameplay itself is acceptable. of course no dreams of real amiga pace, it s much, much slower than that - but you are able to control the ball, shoot and pass with just a little patience. the only problem is of course with emulating joystick on pda - this is really not an arcade gamers hardware, and unfortunately i have some problems with game quitting after pressing to much buttons, but i think you can solve it with other keymappings. but if you know that the game was not supposed to appear on such devices, running that and getting to playable (not extremely enjoyable) state is a success itself. and remember that you can still manage your favourite team for a 20 years of career when on a train :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds