Re: Extreme Stats Tournaments

More
16 years 3 months ago #34176 by daimaou
I will organize a series of events soon. I want to try something different, hopefully something fun too ;D
They will be called extreme stats tournaments because as you will see they will use edited data to extreme values. We will all use the same edited teams from a special save file I will provide.

So this series will consist of 4 tournaments:

1. 15M tournament
All players from both teams have 15 on ALL stats and 15M goalkeepers. So we will be playing with super teams, that will be exactly the same for both. Injuries will be no problem here as bench players are all with 15 stats too.

2. Lame keepers tournament
All field players from both teams have 15 on ALL stats, but we play with 25K goalkeepers. So you have to shoot as much as you can and use those clearing headers instead of relying on goalkeepers as every shot between the goalposts is likely to be a goal here.

3. 25K tournament
All players from both teams have 0 on ALL stats and 25K goalkeepers. Teams can t get worse than these in SWOS, so this should be fun. Awful ball control, no speed, disastrous passing and shooting. All of this reminds me my loved Benfica team of this season. This should turn out into some good long range shooting battles.

4. Super keepers tournament
All field players from both teams have 0 on ALL stats, but we play with 15M goalkeepers. Scoring won t be a piece of cake here, you must beat superstar keepers with your lousy players. Clearly not a tournament for many goals, as most common goals won t work here. You really need to try alternatives to score here.

They will all be 1 day tournaments and will probably be all played during weekends as on week it s difficult for me to be home at decent hours to start a tournament.

Hope this will be fun :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago - 16 years 3 months ago #34177 by daimaou
First tournament ( 15M tournament ) will be played next Sunday starting at 19:30 CET @ #extremestats.
Anyone interested can register now : www.sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=turniere_kalender_event eid=613
Attachments:

More
16 years 3 months ago - 16 years 3 months ago #34183 by Taklekid
really nice idea here
congrats mate
the second and fourth events should be a dream and a nightmare :)

More
16 years 3 months ago #34184 by xflea
Replied by xflea on topic Re: Extreme Stats Tournaments
great idea mate!

I have 2 remarks for those series:

1. those 2 teams you selected are not exactly the same... Benfica has 4 strikers while Santos only 3... it may make a slight difference

2. I think we can be pretty much surprised - both with superstar and lousy goalkeepers... sometimes the lousy one saves impossible shots and the superstar is making terrible mistakes....:)

PS. I m not making a point who told you those are the best teams ever cause I know Benfica is... hehehehe :D:D

great idea again, I will join at once!

More
16 years 3 months ago #34185 by xflea
ahhh - by the way...

when playing with 25K teams we will be playing Benfica 2007??

ehehehe

More
16 years 3 months ago #34191 by Pallister
Wooha!!! What a damn f...ing amazing idea! Great stuff, how u can edit the teams? Crazy stuff.

Well, I m in. What else ;) But I m afraid that I couldn t make it on time maybe, because I have my daughter at this day. Maybe I arrive at home around 20 :-\ So I can t say that it s for sure...

More
16 years 3 months ago #34192 by daimaou
Thanks for joining mates :)

the second and fourth events should be a dream and a nightmare :)

I think the fourth event will be my favourite :D

1. those 2 teams you selected are not exactly the same... Benfica has 4 strikers while Santos only 3... it may make a slight difference

Do you really think that will make a difference? I think players positions won t make any difference in how the player plays as long as stats are the same, am I wrong? Otherwise I can edit the teams so that they will be exactly the same or add a rule so on first leg you have to play with Benfica and 2nd leg you have to play with Santos.

when playing with 25K teams we will be playing Benfica 2007??

AhAhAh nice one ;D
We could, we really could. But no I don t think I can bash my team like that ;)

More
16 years 3 months ago #34193 by daimaou

Wooha!!! What a damn f...ing amazing idea! Great stuff, how u can edit the teams? Crazy stuff.

Well, I m in. What else ;) But I m afraid that I couldn t make it on time maybe, because I have my daughter at this day. Maybe I arrive at home around 20 :-\ So I can t say that it s for sure...

Cool, I think I can delay the tournament start a bit for you to join mate :). Do you think you can be at home slighty before 20:00? So by 20:00 we could everything setup and ready for kick-off for sure.
And for team editing I used the great Whiteulver editor.

More
16 years 3 months ago #34194 by xflea

Do you really think that will make a difference? I think players positions won t make any difference in how the player plays as long as stats are the same, am I wrong?

I believe it makes a difference... you can make an experiment: first play with Weah on attack and then move Maldini into his place... - both are maximized with their stats (no difference) but you will see if Maldini (defender) would do as well as Weah (striker)...:)

Otherwise I can edit the teams so that they will be exactly the same or add a rule so on first leg you have to play with Benfica and 2nd leg you have to play with Santos.

Up to you... I guess the second option is fair enough...

More
16 years 3 months ago #34207 by Pallister
To swap the teams is cool.

Well, I try to be at home as early as possible. If it s a groupstage in the beginning...maybe I can join a bit later if it s not to much delay for the whole tourney...but I ll do my very best.

And that u used the editor is quite clear. But how u change the Ingame skills of the players???

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds