1st online

More
3 years 10 months ago #143572 by obmij77
1st online was created by obmij77
I tried to go online for the 1st time yesterday evening...fujimoto helped me out (And very patient) but I was not using an Ethernet Cable .....so to confirm:

* To Play online you next to be physically connected to the router?
* To use a custom team BOTH players need to have the same data disk? Not sure I understand this?
* Finally to host on p2p you need specific router settings / port forwarding (is there a guide on this?)
* I want to start online with all of you and also set some p2p up with a mate in the United States

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #143573 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic 1st online
* Ethernet cable is best! But a great wifi connection close to a router does still work!
* Correct, to play online simple tick "AUTO" option in launcher
* To host p2p forward port 27886 (UDP) in your router. But you can host on a server regardless!
* See above!

Most important for online play: Be present in Discord! No discord, no online play! Simple as that.

More
3 years 10 months ago #143574 by obmij77
Replied by obmij77 on topic 1st online
Right thanks playaveli

I could not move around the menus / use my controls / but they were working offline fine...?

Fujimoto suggested it was due to being on WiFi...although I’m fairly quick p, I use a fibre Connection about 50mb/sec

More
3 years 10 months ago #143575 by obmij77
Replied by obmij77 on topic 1st online
Sorry one more / so if we both wanted to use our own ‘custom’ team the person I play needs my copy of my save file?

More
3 years 10 months ago #143577 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic 1st online
If your controls work offline, they work online, too!
Yes, both players need the EXACT same save disc if custom teams / tactics are used.
The following user(s) said Thank You: obmij77

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds