Online Problems - Can't Connect To League Opponents..

More
8 years 5 months ago #131224 by TierneyLFC90
Hi everyone,

I wondered if anyone would be so kind in helping me with the online issues me, my Dad (Colteen LFC) and DreS are having.

Myself, my Dad and DreS tried to get some of our ASL3 league games played yesterday but had trouble connecting by both the P2P method and the server method.

The server method started off by working absolutely fine. We met up in the uk.swos.eu server both selecting our connection as LAN 60, and we were able to get the game going with both players getting to the game menu and selecting teams etc, but when it was the turn of the second player to sort out their team and formation the cursor stayed on Player/Coach and you couldn t move it with the joystick. This happened when me and my Dad tried to play (both using ethernet cables) and when me and DreS tried to play. Does anyone know the problem?

Also we tried via the P2P method. Me and my Dad were both using this version of AMIGA SWOS www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=5077.0 but when we tried to play he couldnt Switch Kalliera Client to P2P method, it wouldn t change but stayed on Kalliera Client no matter how many times he clicked the mouse. Anyone have a solution to this?

Lastly, me and DreS tried to play via the P2P method. We both followed the instructions on the website in hosting the game etc, but every time we tried to enter each others IP address it just kept saying connecting to (opponents IP).... and didnt do anything else. The port number was 27886 and i read that you had to port forward your router if you wanted to host the game to which i followed the instructions via this website www.pcworld.com/article/244314/how_to_fo..._on_your_router.html
When i got through to the last bit it asked me for some options - SERVICE , NAME , START PORT , END PORT , PROTOCOL , IP ADDRESS .

The options for SERVICE were as follows:

AIM(TCP:5190)
BGP(TCP:179)
BOOTP_CLIENT(UDP:68)
BOOTP_SERVER(UDP:67..68)
CU-SEEME(TCP/UDP:7648)
DNS(TCP/UDP:53)
FINGER(TCP:79)
FTP(TCP:20..21)
H.323(TCP:1720)
HTTP(TCP:80)
HTTPS(TCP:443)
ICQ(TCP:5190)
IRC(TCP/UDP:6660..6669)
NEWS(TCP:144)
NFS(UDP:2049)
NNTP(TCP:119)
POP3(TCP:110)
PPTP(TCP:1723)
RCMD(TCP:512)
REAL-AUDIO(TCP:7070)
REXEC(TCP:514)
RLOGIN(TCP:513)
RTELNET(TCP:107)
RTSP(TCP/UDP:554)
SFTP(TCP:115)
SMTP(TCP:25)
SNMP(TCP/UDP:161)
SNMP-TRAPS(TCP/UDP:162)
SQL-NET(TCP:1521)
SSH(TCP/UDP:22)
STRMWORKS(UDP:1558)
TACACS(UDP:49)
TELNET(TCP:23)
TFTP(UDP:69)
VDOLIVE(TCP:7000)

The options for PROTOCOL were as follows:

TCP
UDP
TCP UDP

Does anyone have any idea as to how to fix all of the problems mentioned above? Any help would be much appreciated.

Kindest regards,

Matt :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #131226 by Playaveli

The server method started off by working absolutely fine. We met up in the uk.swos.eu server both selecting our connection as LAN 60, and we were able to get the game going with both players getting to the game menu and selecting teams etc, but when it was the turn of the second player to sort out their team and formation the cursor stayed on Player/Coach and you couldn t move it with the joystick. This happened when me and my Dad tried to play (both using ethernet cables) and when me and DreS tried to play. Does anyone know the problem?

Problem solution:
If you cannot move in team setup screen, press F12, go to Game I/O Ports, press SWAP in the middle. Done!

It s very logical. Remember, you play with Winuae which emulates an Amiga! And you both have some controller. You cannot plug in two controllers into the same port... ;)

Also we tried via the P2P method. Me and my Dad were both using this version of AMIGA SWOS www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=5077.0 but when we tried to play he couldnt Switch Kalliera Client to P2P method, it wouldn t change but stayed on Kalliera Client no matter how many times he clicked the mouse. Anyone have a solution to this?

Solutions:
- Install SWOS to some other place rather than C:/Program files... Example: C:/Games/SWOS
- Launch Amiga SWOS as administrator.
- Right click on folder and remove Read only from folder properties

More
8 years 5 months ago #131230 by cinek
SERVICE , NAME , - you can write whatever you want

That s important

START PORT , 27886
END PORT , 27886
PROTOCOL , UDP
IP ADDRESS - your local ip address How to find? check it

More
8 years 5 months ago #131231 by TierneyLFC90
Thank you mate. I ll give that a try later on today. What about this port forwarding stuff? Do you know what i should put in for the options such as Services, Start Port, End Port etc?

Cheers mate,

Matt

More
8 years 5 months ago #131232 by TierneyLFC90

Thank you mate. I ll give that a try later on today. What about this port forwarding stuff? Do you know what i should put in for the options such as Services, Start Port, End Port etc?

Cheers mate,

Matt

Brilliant mate. Thanks a lot :-). I ll try that too.

More
8 years 5 months ago #131233 by andib

Cheers mate,

Matt

I can tell you how to do it later on if you want and if im online. Denmark is going to play against Sweden later on today so dont know if I have time today.

More
8 years 5 months ago #131234 by TierneyLFC90

Cheers mate,

Matt

I can tell you how to do it later on if you want and if im online. Denmark is going to play against Sweden later on today so dont know if I have time today.

Thanks mate :-). If i haven t done it with whats been said above, I ll drop you a message mate. Thanks to all of you, appreciate all your help. Such a helpful and polite community, many thanks :-)

More
8 years 5 months ago #131237 by TierneyLFC90
What one of these do I select for SERVICES please guys:

More
8 years 5 months ago #131239 by TierneyLFC90

What one of these do I select for SERVICES please guys:

I managed to do the port forwarding without selecting SERVICES in the end, is that ok guys or did I need to choose one?

More
8 years 5 months ago #131242 by cinek

I managed to do the port forwarding without selecting SERVICES in the end, is that ok guys or did I need to choose one?

that s ok

e: check out my config
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds