How to stream your SWOS matches

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #114121 by Escher89
You need:
FFsplit - This software can record your desktop. In this case also your WINUAE window
A twitch.tv account - This is a Youtube-like site for live streams for video games.

At first you have to create a account on twitch.tv, if you have done it install FFsplit www.ffsplit.com/
Time to setup FFsplit. Stick to my Encode settings. If you ll enhance or decrease these setting you may get problems.

Now you ll need the Stream URL. For Germans the best server to setup the FFsplit software to is: rtmp://live-fra.justin.tv/app/ your key
You find your key at www.twitch.tv/broadcast in the right top corner if you are logged in. Press the Show Key button. Dont show your key to strangers!

Other Servers:
San Francisco - rtmp://live.justin.tv/app/ your key
Ashburn, VA - rtmp://live-iad.justin.tv/app/ your key
Miamia, FL - rtmp://live-mia.justin.tv/app/ your key
New York, NY - rtmp://live-jfk.justin.tv/app/ your key
Los Angeles, CA - rtmp://live-lax.justin.tv/app/ your key
Dallas, TX - rtmp://live-dfw.justin.tv/app/ your key
London, GB - rtmp://live-lhr.justin.tv/app/ your key
Amsterdam - rtmp://live-ams.justin.tv/app/ your key

So for e.g. If you live near Amsterdam you have to enter in the Stream text box: rtmp://live-ams.justin.tv/app/ your key

So far so good. If you want to stream, start SWOS. Please stick to the default window mode (672x544). Now you have to setup the overlay.
For that, press the button Overlay . The FFsplit Overlay Manager should appear. Choose the tab Region (beta) . Then press Click on Window .
Now you click on the SWOS window. Check in the preview of the FFsplit Overlay Manager, if the overlay is set up correctly.
Close the FFsplit Overlay Manager and press START . Now it should stream over your channel.

For a more detailed tutorial check www.ffsplit.com/how-to-install/ out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PeterSP72
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #114122 by PeterSP72
Replied by PeterSP72 on topic Re: How to stream your SWOS matches
Thanks man, cool info.

More
11 years 6 months ago #114127 by djowGer
Very nice and informative. Thx. I was thinking about trying this myself for a while, however I have a few questions.

Since I get lags during play p2p/kaillera, just if software is started in background like a browser, av update etc. Isn t streaming while playing like a constant lag feeling, or am I wrong? This is only what i can imagine, as i know that players from other games, use a seperate internet connection. One for playing and one for streaming. See my example here (stermy - italian quake player) see his description below the video: en.twitch.tv/stermytv/b/330955593

However I would like to test your settings at offline tourney, where playing experience would not be compromised, while streaming. But yes some additional equipment is needed, but there are plenty of videos about this on YT.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #114130 by Escher89

Isn t streaming while playing like a constant lag feeling, or am I wrong?

If you have enough upload speed, you don t feel that while you are streaming. Streaming SWOS don t use much bandwidth, because of the resolution and the low Video Bit Rate. My upload rate is 112 kByte/s and it worked fine with my settings.

More
11 years 6 months ago #114195 by bobrix
Played some friendlies and streamed without lag or des. I used 1000vbr and 60fps without sound coz i dont use it while playing swos,my upload is around 248kByte/s and with this settings was at half use most of the time.
pl.twitch.tv/bo8rix/b/332298977

More
10 years 1 month ago #123135 by djowGer
I will make an attempt to stream some games from Nordic Open 3. I hope it works. If not I might record some of the high level games.

More
10 years 1 month ago #123139 by HairFU
What do you use to stream the games (or do you just film the SWOS games from Monitor and stream the camere picture?)? I also could bring a webcam that I bought two weeks ago. Have a greqat picture quality (this one - www.microsoft.com/hardware/de-de/p/lifecam-studio).

More
10 years 1 month ago #123140 by djowGer
I was thinking of using eschers settings, mentioned in the first post, along with my dazzle recorder. We used the dazzle at sensi days. I want to record directly from the amiga to my laptop app and twitch.tv. I will make some tweaks to the setting such as screen res.

I tried it earlier with xp machine and a different streaming app while playing online, but it didnt work that good. I hope it is better from my Win7 laptop (ffsplit doesnt work on xp).

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #123435 by djowGer
Recording from Nordic Open 3 was automatically removed after 1-2 weeks on twitch.tv. :/

I see on Escher s channel that his old videos are still there, why is that then? Does anyone know this?

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds