European Champion Clubs' Cup (for 2011 September)

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #105675 by dimetrodon
European Champion Clubs Cup (for 2011 September)

In this month there won t be CL or ISSF-cup. This Cup will be an unofficial substitute. The winner won t be CL (or ISSF) winner, just winner of this cup. (The name is from the predecessor of CL, you may know it)

Schulle warned me that wont work with too many players, and with too many deadlines, but I want to try a different approach, with strict deadlines, and possible more players. It will be a bit different. It can be, as it is not an official CL/ISSF cup. After, we can see the consequences, so it is also a test-field for the approach.

In this special edition the willingness to play will count maybe more than the skills!

Rules:
Summer CL and ISSF winner will automatically enter the cup. These are bonus places, they don t count into the 5 players of the nation.
All 6 nations (de, eu, hu, it, pl, pt) can name 5-5 players, based on the last (or last completed) season. League admins can post the 5 names. Please post players who definitely wants to play!
So 32 players all together.

All rounds will be KO round (2 X 3 mins DIY-CUP(extratime+pens,Away goal OFF), with very strict deadlines. If the deadline passed, and no result posted, and no post about availability by the players both players will be out. the Final is not 2 matches, but 1.

If no player posted his availability (a time slot or more then one), both will be out
If both posted before last day 20:00, but they can not agree on a time, there will be a special rule: last day of deadline at 22:00 CET to 22:15 CET (starting time) you have to be online on the IRC channel to play. If no player there, then there will be coin toss. If both, they can play, and if just one, then he will be the winner. Remember this rule is only applied if both player posted, but can not find a good time slot! (If they can not play at 22:00-22:15, they still can play after, and if the match is played, then ofc, the result will be the result.)

- deadline to name the players - Sept. 8.
- 32 to 16 - deadline is Sept. 13.
- 16 to 8 - deadline is Sept. 18.
- Quater-finals - deadline is Sept. 23.
- Semi-finals - deadline is Sept. 28.
- Final - deadline is Oct. 1.

Any known match can be played immediately. The brackets for the whole tournament will be posted at the start, so if possible, any pair can play before the others finish the previous round. (If there will be to much missing players, that after round 1 or 2 the brackets can be remade.)

The draw will be a seeded draw with 4 set of players, based on SRN.

Result are to post here!

I don t know who it will working, maybe just 5-6 very active player will be playing, and collecting automatic promotions, but who cares? It is still even better, then a month without any European competition! Be active, and go for the gold!

It can be a one time event, so get the chance to win this historic Cup with these crazy (or not so crazy) rules! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #105680 by Manuel

European Champion Clubs Cup (for 2011 September)

Rules:

If no player posted his availability (a time slot or more then one), both will be out
If both posted before last day 20:00, but they can not agree on a time, there will be a special rule: last day of deadline at 22:00 CET to 22:15 CET (starting time) you have to be online on the IRC channel to play. If no player there, then there will be coin toss. If both, they can play, and if just one, then he will be the winner. Remember this rule is only applied if both player posted, but can not find a good time slot! (If they can not play at 22:00-22:15, they still can play after, and if the match is played, then ofc, the result will be the result.)

Do you mean that the player can play for 22:00 to 22:25 in the same days of deadlines ? Are there 2 hours of bonus-extra time ?

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #105681 by Manuel
- deadline to name the players - Sept. 8.
- 32 to 16 - deadline is Sept. 13.
- 16 to 8 - deadline is Sept. 18.
- Quater-finals - deadline is Sept. 23.
- Semi-finals - deadline is Sept. 28.
- Final - deadline is Oct. 1.

For me this is a good format ! More attractive ! I prefer one European cup (like this ) than two small cup !
This format remember me the last Ufficial Uefa competition !

I like your crazy rules about the coin toss for choose winner ! :D
I want give you just an advice...iftwo players don t give availability(without post on forum )...the best looser ,in turn before could be find readmitted again in the cup (on aggregate results i mean...if theare more users with the same aggregate(also with the same goals scores..we could be reamitted the players with the best ranking or on ss.de or in ISSF CUP,more this second solutions) .

So...congratulations for this idea !

More
12 years 7 months ago #105682 by dimetrodon
I like your idea about the best looser!

So it is applied! If any place left, the best looser(s) will get them, so every round we will get the normal number of players. The best looser will be decided by firstly by wins (maximum is 1 : ) 2ndly by draws and 3rdly by goal difference (and 4th by goals scored). (((and 5thly by coin toss! :D )))

I choose 22:00 as it is considered as a normal time, a compromise between the owls, and the early sleepers. The 2 hours till 0:00 is also valid time for playing, but if both player posted, and they don t agree, and can not play the match, 2200-2215 will be examined. Is it clear like this? :)

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #105685 by dimetrodon
I have made the draw (seeded, with 4 pots). Player 1 is the player with the higher SRN and.... Player 30 is the player with smallest SRN. I will fill this with names after Sept. 8.
Attachments:

More
12 years 7 months ago #105691 by EDGAR
Portuguese players are:

Edgar_arg

Seth river

Pedrito

Nunoportugaln

swos4ever

More
12 years 7 months ago #105692 by Manuel

I like your idea about the best looser!

So it is applied! If any place left, the best looser(s) will get them, so every round we will get the normal number of players. The best looser will be decided by firstly by wins (maximum is 1 : ) 2ndly by draws and 3rdly by goal difference (and 4th by goals scored). (((and 5thly by coin toss! :D )))

I choose 22:00 as it is considered as a normal time, a compromise between the owls, and the early sleepers. The 2 hours till 0:00 is also valid time for playing, but if both player posted, and they don t agree, and can not play the match, 2200-2215 will be examined. Is it clear like this? :)

Do you mean 22:00 of the same days of deadlines or day tomorrow ?FOr example in stage one(32 to 16 ) ... two players if are agree can play at 22:00 of 14 september ?Or they can play at 22 of 13 september ?

More
12 years 7 months ago #105694 by Retrieving
I like what I see! :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #105698 by dimetrodon
No, same day as the deadline.

- If they can agree to play at Sept 13th 21:00, they can.
- If they can agree to play at Sept 13th 23:00, they can.
- If they accidentally meet and play at Sept 13th 21:00, they can.
- If they accidentally meet and play at Sept 13th 23:00, they can.
- Both posted, but they can t agree in any time slot, the winner will be the person who is online 13th at 22:00-22:15. (If none online at this time range, than coin toss, as they posted. And if both online, ofc they can play.)
- If they can agree to play at Sept 14th 21:00, they can NOT as the deadline is 13th, so it is over the deadline.
- If none posted, no game played, both out.
- If one posted, and no game played, he is the winner.

Is it clear like this?

More
12 years 7 months ago #105720 by Manuel

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds