Re: A GREAT SAVE OF THE MONTH

More
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #63206 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Re: A GREAT SAVE OF THE MONTH
Nice ones. That s what I call a proper cattenacio. And a great choice of a soundtrack. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #63508 by Retrieving
I don t even know wtf actually happened, I guess I hit the ball with a lob-header right below the crossbar and then pushed it further away with the player s hitbox even though he was in the midst of the post-header cooldown...or something and the outcome was the ball irreverently bouncing parallel to the goal line til Taffarel claimed it back.

As you can see the whole thing made us go wtf!? afterward, lol.

feature=channel_page fmt=18

More
15 years 6 days ago #63832 by LIK
Replied by LIK on topic Re: A GREAT SAVE OF THE MONTH
vs porcupine

More
15 years 1 day ago #64405 by Wänä81
Xflea with a nice save against me in a friendly yesterday :)

[flash=500,500]www.youtube.com/watch/v/iGdeMsMIb7I[/flash]
Attachments:

More
15 years 1 day ago #64413 by xflea
Replied by xflea on topic Re: A GREAT SAVE OF THE MONTH
heh thanks for the compliments, but I m afraid it was saved by the keeper... or his shadow :D

More
15 years 1 day ago #64419 by xflea
Replied by xflea on topic Re: A GREAT SAVE OF THE MONTH
here s another example of a ghost-save. occured to me when playing against CPU - a bit annoying...:)

More
15 years 1 day ago - 15 years 10 hours ago #64451 by Retrieving
in the highlight Waenae posted the keeper wasn t the one who deflected the ball, it was actually your defender who did it but the animation got kara-cancelled (allow me to borrow this term from beat em ups - kara means empty in japanese) the moment he reached the goal-line he had been jumping toward.

Something I ve noticed while watching my saves video is that apparently you can kara-cancel headers (or any other move for that matter) and skip the cooldown associated with the animation entirely by jumping into the posts/goal-line (if you take a look at my video, @ 0:50 I was able to get the ball away from the goal with a lob-header and immediately chase it down while it was flying to the sides, technically I could ve easily hit the ball twice with 2 consecutive headers from the same player, had my timing on the 2nd one been better) .

this is the video I was referring to:
fmt=18

Tell you what, If you wanted to score one heck of a goal you could try to hit the ball with a horizontal lob-header on a cross coming from the sides while jumping diagonally into one of the posts, keep running below the ball for a little while (there would be no downtime after the first header since you jumped into the post kara-cancelling the animation) and then score with a standing header nearby the opposite post. Now, that d be skill (been trying to do this both on and offline since like March to no avail, it s really friggin hard, most likely within the realm of possible but still unbelievably difficult to perform).

More
15 years 23 hours ago #64455 by Zafer
Replied by Zafer on topic Re: A GREAT SAVE OF THE MONTH
interesting..

More
15 years 12 hours ago #64471 by mrsensible
maybe GK throws his gloves toward ball ;D

More
14 years 11 months ago #65565 by Playaveli
Save this morning vs. Sox! Defender and keeper in perfect team-work:

fmt=18
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds