SWOS Academy

More
17 years 11 months ago #7482 by Falcon
SWOS Academy was created by Falcon
I see a lot of players who do the first 20 to 30 games without really knowing what they are doing.
If someone with twenty games on his record, possibly most of them lost, still playing AC Milan, I wonder why I have to tell them this is very much the reason they lost maybe the last ten matches.

We have now a very good technical beginners guide, but I think we do need training on playing skills as well.

This might be done in two parts.

One should be a technique tutorial something like a website with pictures and descriptions how to do what.
Like there are players who don t know what I mean when I tell them that after touch would improve their abilities alot.
Maybe this could even be done in a video, but I find it rather difficult to show what to do with the joystick this way. It would require stopping the video every few seconds and explain what to do, maybe using graphics.

Therefore the website with pictures idea is more convenient.

Second part should be seperate channel, where more experienced players could be offering online matches off the record and tell in the game what may be improved. Real practical training, not just playing the match down and killing the newbie at the end.
We might not need a permanent channel for this, but maybe one or two dates each week for let s say one or two hours and some volunteers to teach.

I hope you get my point and find yourself able to participate a bit in this :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 11 months ago #7489 by LIK
Replied by LIK on topic Re: SWOS Academy

I see a lot of players who do the first 20 to 30 games without really knowing what they are doing.
If someone with twenty games on his record, possibly most of them lost, still playing AC Milan, I wonder why I have to tell them this is very much the reason they lost maybe the last ten matches.

We have now a very good technical beginners guide, but I think we do need training on playing skills as well.

This might be done in two parts.

One should be a technique tutorial something like a website with pictures and descriptions how to do what.
Like there are players who don t know what I mean when I tell them that after touch would improve their abilities alot.
Maybe this could even be done in a video, but I find it rather difficult to show what to do with the joystick this way. It would require stopping the video every few seconds and explain what to do, maybe using graphics.

Therefore the website with pictures idea is more convenient.

Second part should be seperate channel, where more experienced players could be offering online matches off the record and tell in the game what may be improved. Real practical training, not just playing the match down and killing the newbie at the end.
We might not need a permanent channel for this, but maybe one or two dates each week for let s say one or two hours and some volunteers to teach.

I hope you get my point and find yourself able to participate a bit in this :)

Good idea. My advice for new players: play high ranking players more you gonna learn much faster, SRNs are not important you can make them later as you improve.

More
17 years 11 months ago #7491 by RobChef
Replied by RobChef on topic Re: SWOS Academy

Good idea. My advice for new players: play high ranking players more you gonna learn much faster, SRNs are not important you can make them later as you improve.

This would be my advice too. You lose much more points when you play against players which are behind you in ranking. So play against the best and look how they score and move. Look which clubs and tactics they chose and then practice against PC ...
100-200 games just as practice then you know what is going on. Not sure if you can give better advice in a tutorial then just learn from losing.

More
17 years 11 months ago #7503 by Falcon
Replied by Falcon on topic Re: SWOS Academy
I don t think you got my point here right.

Sure you need some games for practice, especially for we all played more versus the computer than other human players before we came her.
But The Academy is about something else.

It should show how techniques work. After Touch is just one example. Playing against high ranked players can show you what fantastic goal and passes are possible, still you might have no clou HOW to do that.

What you are proposing now is: Well play more and try and try and try. But I think this is quite an exploitative concept, especially to players new to ss.de.
We can do better than this and by the way we would improve the overall playing skill level in the games.

More
17 years 11 months ago #7508 by RobChef
Replied by RobChef on topic Re: SWOS Academy

It should show how techniques work. After Touch is just one example. Playing against high ranked players can show you what fantastic goal and passes are possible, still you might have no clou HOW to do that.

What you are proposing now is: Well play more and try and try and try.

Is there really something secret which is necessary to explain? The control in SWOS is very easy and there are always the same possibilities with shots, passes, freekicks ...

Which is the part new players can t find out by just playing? That s why I recommend playing against the best because they show you what is possible.
At the end this seems to be the same for me if somebody explains me how to shoot or if a good player shows me in game.

More
17 years 11 months ago #7513 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: SWOS Academy
players should develop their own playing style.. not just copy goals from others.. thats real swos.. play lots of games versus all types of players.. playing against the pc is boring imo :)

but there is a few videos out already.. some cool goals too.. my favorite is the high headers goals.. ;D

More
17 years 11 months ago #7541 by Steve-Martin
Replied by Steve-Martin on topic Re: SWOS Academy
very good idea, because it hink newbies have no fun if they lose the first 20 games and with a result about 10-0.
For this reason many newbies were gone and had not played further. Maybe we will get more newbies and also the level of players will be higher and higher.

Great idea . Ithink in a few months we will have acaedemies with different levels!!!!!

More
17 years 11 months ago #7677 by Schulle
Replied by Schulle on topic Re: SWOS Academy
after touch is secret you ll find out after,... let me think.... 2 years???

ok, now i can do passing quiete good :D , but newbies should be know that there is sth like after-touch :)

More
17 years 10 months ago #8431 by Grahol
Replied by Grahol on topic Re: SWOS Academy

Yeah, AC Milan is slow team, but i dont know why so many ppl say that its not good team to play :)

More
17 years 10 months ago #8433 by swoozh
Replied by swoozh on topic Re: SWOS Academy
It has a very bad goalkeeper ;)

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds