Xbox 360 offline cup?

More
10 years 6 months ago #121241 by HairFU
Xbox 360 offline cup? was created by HairFU
I just discover SWOS on Xbox 360 for my self the last days. After a few days of playing I think this Version is really great. Now I will build Amiga to XBox 360 adaptor to have control as good as on Amiga.

I just wonder if there is anyone that like that Xbox 360 Version, too? I just want to aks if there, in general, is interesst in playing SWOS Xbox 360 offline in a real tournament (and not only a fast K.O. session after Amiga or PC SWOS tournament)? I really would like to play that Xbox 360 Version in a real competition. Is there someone that like to play a full XBox 360 SWOS offline tournament with groupstage and K.O. stage? If there is any interesset I like to organize this kind of offline cup.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• W81
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #121244 by W81
Replied by W81 on topic Re: Xbox 360 offline cup?
Interested yes, because i play career on my X-Box and i like the version too. But i have so less time, i guess we won t find a date that fits my agenda in the next half year.

Greetz

More
10 years 6 months ago #121247 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Xbox 360 offline cup?
Nice idea, HairFU!
To do a stand-alone offline tournament for XBLA SWOS is really cool. I like the game very much as well, played with 9-pin adapters!

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #121248 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: Xbox 360 offline cup?
Wänä, that s a pity. Would be nice to see you playing offline again (maybe if I can hold on my good mood for playing SWOS in the next years, then we could meet for sure ;) )

If more people would say they like the Xbox 360 Version and would like to visit an Xbox 360 offline competition I would be very happy to organize a offline tournament for that console. I have experience in organizing the SWOS Hanse offline Cup in 2008 and the small Northgerman SWOS Cumminty offline cups.
Would be nice to hear different opinions abou the Xbox 360 SWOS Version.

10 years 6 months ago #121249 by ElMichaJ
Replied by ElMichaJ on topic Re: Xbox 360 offline cup?
i would be interested in playing x box offline too :)

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #121252 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Xbox 360 offline cup?

Would be nice to hear different opinions abou the Xbox 360 SWOS Version.

Review by Redhair:

The gameplay is like PC, but with the (ball-)physics of Amiga. It means that it is very easy to get used to it, for both groups, the PC as well as the Amiga players, so it could be the ultimate SWOS to unite all fans to a central system. It is easier to play than Amiga SWOS , if you have good skills in Amiga SWOS, you will play even better on XBLA, because you will be more successful with your actions. Anyway, this is not always a plus, for the same reasons as you like the PC version or not. It seems that every diagonal shot on XBLA is in, but on Amiga SWOS it is not. Against humans I wouldn t care as long almost every online player is able to head all those easy shots away, but as long the headers and tacklings don t work online, it is a funkiller par excellence. Forget the online mode of XBLA, it is a shame and kills the good reputation of this beautiful game. Although it is very nice to play if you just play offline, this cannot be the sense to buy an Xbox 360.

The biggest pro of the XBLA version is that SWOS looks nice with new graphics, especially in 16:9 widescreen , that s what you cannot say about Amiga SWOS. But IMO that was it! In Amiga SWOS you have original names and a smooth netplay. Well, and it s a bit harder to play, which is not always a disadvantage (if you are an Amiga freak). The sound is just better on Amiga, at least the atmosphere in stereo with the chants. In this point the XBLA version just disappoints, I think it s PC sound but without commentary, a bad choice by Codemasters.

Another negative point is the in-game advertising system, which seems to be an experiment and of all things SWOS is the first game for that. The ad-boards are too big, ugly and in wrong perspective, just not integrated into the in-game graphics, just like ad-banners on a website just without the option to click on it. They are able to update the banners over the network, but I didn t recognize a change yet. Anyway, it feels like spyware and kills again a part of the spirit of SWOS. I cannot understand why people moan about EA Sports for their commercial thinking but to accept Codemasters capitalistic methods. EA s products are at least quality, even the game is not exactly what you expect from a football game, but for many other people. They get what they really like, but get we from Codemasters? Unfinished products, full of bugs, without any communication to their consumers and without sense for quality.

More
10 years 6 months ago #121255 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Xbox 360 offline cup?
Hey HairFu. Like I told you already I would love to play an XBLA tourney offline. I have only tried it briefly with original gamepads, so I can t give a decent opinion on the gameplay itself. From what Playaveli tells me it sounds like a great mix of pc/amiga.

More
10 years 6 months ago #121259 by HairFU
@Djowger: Yeah, I know our dialog ;) Maybe I should first build some Amiga to Xbox 360 adaptors and then test it. Maybe I can loan it to a few people that are interested in testing it with a real Controller.

More
10 years 6 months ago #121262 by HeinAir
Replied by HeinAir on topic Re: Xbox 360 offline cup?
It is going to be a Xbox 360-tournament only or amgiga, too?

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #121275 by HairFU
There is no certain date. If I made a Xbox 360 tournament there will be only a full tournament with Xbox 360. It would be like a Amiga or PC tournament. The Xbox 360 version is the main event and if there is time after the main event, we are open to play a short session on Amiga or PC.
Heinair, do you like also to play the XBox 360 version in a full tournament?

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds