Re: GOAL OF THE YEAR 2009

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #79165 by Falcon
GOAL OF THE YEAR 2009 was created by Falcon
Finally!

Here it is!

The Goal of the Year competition for 2009

Unfortunately this competition will not feature the whole year, since I laid myself off my position. But the goals we had until that day are worth to be shown again! I will not include any goal that was entered in the successor s thread for there was no poll to make them official goals of the month.

So let s get it on, here are the perls!

In January, we did not repeat 2008 s mistake of doing a non-goal competition (I thought this to be a great idea, but nobody cared for that). Instead we found ourselves in a draw between Yigit and Ali. Ali acutally handed in 2 goals, but the latter didn t gain even one vote. Both goals of January got 6 out of 17 votes.

So number one in the Goal of the year competition 2009 is Yigit with this kick-off return high header goal:

Link:

Video:

[flash=400,325]de.youtube.com/v/2cxso54QlG0[/flash]

Number two is therefore Ali with a goal that started something in our community. While 2008 was all about headers and header combos, 2009 evolved into a competition for the best set piece goals. With headers preferrebly. The starter: A corner goal and Ali head-passing the ball for his own good with a nice finish.

Link:

Video:

[flash=400,325]de.youtube.com/v/bDKkWOVOBRs[/flash]

In February, telling, Playaveli entered two nice header goals and went home without a single vote. Redhair , instead, showed us a kickoff header combo with a superb long standing header as the finisher. The entry gained 5 out of 12 votes.
He removed the video from youtube, so I have to reach out to my archive and re-record it. Link an video will follow later.

edit

here it is, rerecordedd by me.

Link:

Video:

[flash=400,325]www.youtube.com/v/JCZZ7HBOc-I[/flash]

In March, we found ourselves with a draw again. This time Playaveli and Kicker each got 3 out of 12 votes. You can imagine, most of the other entries didn t go home with an empty basket.

Number 4 in this competition ist Playaveli is a near perfect fit high header to the triangle with a little help of the useless keeper.

Link:

Video:

[flash=400,325]www.youtube.com/v/_ewDmUrlPF4[/flash]

The fifth goal by Kicker is a defense meltdown. The ball goes loosely into the goal s direction, but the neither the defender nor the keeper care about it too much. When the attacker comes heading, it is all too late to act.

Link:

Video:

[flash=400,325]www.youtube.com/v/U46MpKH-yRc[/flash]

In April, Playaveli got uberproductive! He handed in 5 goals in total and we had to single one out to the Off Competition section, but with 4 goals still in line, I actually thought these goals would eat up his chances of winning with one. Boy, was I wrong. The competition ended up being an extremely close run between Ali and Playa s then first goal. Playa won the competition being only one vote ahead, 7 to 6. And what a goal it was! This time technically not a header goal. A set piece again, a corner variation that made the opponent dizzy with short fast header passes. The attacker just had to shoot the ball into the empty goal.

Link:
fmt=18

Video:

[flash=400,325]www.youtube.com/v/VHfyXifZYvQ fmt=18[/flash]

May came and with it the king of this competition, Coolio Jack came back hard. Playa was still super productive with 3 goals in the run, but got no credit for it whatsoever. Coolio got 5 out of 13 votes while the other competitors were lucky to get 2.
It is another set piece, a throw in this time. He uses the now pretty popular tactic of short header passes the cause enough confusion to get his attacker into position. No chance for the keeper to fetch the final header.

Link:

Video:

[flash=400,325]www.youtube.com/v/2W5JXQkn_pY[/flash]

While in April, Playa was busy scoring goal of the month candidates, in June Coolio Jack went down that path. He handed in 4 goals and probably stole his victory doing so. One of his goals got votes, two others got 3. He was surpassed by my dear friend Schulle , who was due to win this competition for quite some time. Guess what he entered. Right, a set piece. A corner play that he was extensively able to reproduce on me. Thanks for that ;). This is a corner that is incredibly hard to defend. While the others this year went for destruction by distraction, he just found a sweet spot and the right technique to exploit it. One pass and one shot with the perfect after touch leaves the keeper no chance.

Link:

Video:

[flash=400,325]www.youtube.com/v/a-RruTgafiM[/flash]

Yes, yes, yes, here it is July! I have never been the best of players, not to speak of my technique. But once in a while even I found myself scoring a neat on. Sorry Cinek, I surpassed you with just one vote, 8 out of 24, and therefore Falcon presents a grand drop kick that hits the goal inches benath the keeper.

Link:

Video:

[flash=400,325]www.youtube.com/v/8ynWD7EvKMw[/flash]

We move on to August, a month were there was almost no competition. Three entries and 11 voters. It was a negative record then. Still we got ourselves a winner and he deserves the fame.
Paider handed in a set piece. No not a corner, but a free kick. Netsrak had handed in a free kick a few month earlier. He didn t win, but gained some attention with 4 votes by then and now Paider shoots the the defender s wall and surprises the keeper. Got him 7 of those 11 votes. You don t see direct free kick goals too often!

Link:

Video:

[flash=400,325]www.youtube.com/v/o81fErFiI0E[/flash]

September. The competitions continued to start much too late and we got to know that August wasn t that bad. September was. Two entries and 10 votes.
Sociopathic and Ronin battled for the win. Socio went down in round 1. Out of 10 votes Ronin gathered 9. 90% is a record as well I think.
Yes, it is a set piece. A free kick from the side. Curled to the net. Nice one!

Link: vimeo.com/6815818

[flash=400,325]vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=6815818[/flash]

After that, I quit. And somehow in 4 month s time nobody got into place to keep it up :(
So let s do this doomsday party. Get in line to post you vote, elect the one and only Goal of the Year 2009.

Good luck and better technique to all of you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #79182 by Schulle
Replied by Schulle on topic Re: GOAL OF THE YEAR 2009
My vote goes to Paider - I love set-pieces!

More
14 years 3 months ago #79187 by xflea
Replied by xflea on topic Re: GOAL OF THE YEAR 2009
Excellent job as always, Falcon! It is really a shame this community lost your contribution in GOTM...:(

As for the competition, I hesitate between two incredible goals from January. I think I ll give credit to Yigit s - never seen something like that before.

More
14 years 3 months ago #79211 by lestat
Replied by lestat on topic Re: GOAL OF THE YEAR 2009
Amazing Ronin ;D

More
14 years 2 months ago #79268 by _sox_
Replied by _sox_ on topic Re: GOAL OF THE YEAR 2009
i love to see the technical goals made by 100% technic players as playa, coolio and ali. but sorry, my vote goes to unusual goal as that made by FALCON!

More
14 years 2 months ago #79269 by dior
Replied by dior on topic Re: GOAL OF THE YEAR 2009
Incredible Coolio ;)

More
14 years 2 months ago #79271 by Rock and Roll
Great goals....and I went for that sweet combo by Coolio.

More
14 years 2 months ago #79275 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Re: GOAL OF THE YEAR 2009
It had to be Redhair, simply the best.

More
14 years 2 months ago #79384 by filbek
Replied by filbek on topic Re: GOAL OF THE YEAR 2009
fantastic goals!!! My vote goes to PLAYAVELI.its millimetric goal.

More
14 years 2 months ago #79399 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: GOAL OF THE YEAR 2009

It had to be Redhair, simply the best.

Co-signed!!! What a combo. And signaturic too, with his 5-2-3 formation.

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds