Re: New SWOS Editor

More
6 years 7 months ago #137817 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: New SWOS Editor
When you put everything to 0 or 8 (lowest) the letters in game may vary/differ. Because they are irrelevant.
This is not an error!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gegboy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 5 months ago #140304 by gegboy
Replied by gegboy on topic Re: New SWOS Editor
Any chance of a MAC version

More
5 years 5 months ago #140308 by Playaveli
There is not a SWOS version for MAC, it s either Amiga or DOS being played on MAC (via emulators / wine / boxer).

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #143657 by captaincofresi
Replied by captaincofresi on topic New SWOS Editor
Well, if this is the PC editor in the section Amiga >> Editting Programming, where is the editor for the SWOS Amiga version to change the team database to change some of the English Premier League formations to what the teams are using today? Since on that website I do see some Amiga files, only they cannot be used on PC, since the zip files only contain .lha files.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by captaincofresi.

More
3 years 10 months ago #143660 by Playaveli
You can use PC team files on Amiga if you propack them. "rnc propack" is worth googling if you want to do that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #143663 by captaincofresi
Replied by captaincofresi on topic Re: New SWOS Editor
Playaveli wrote:

You can use PC team files on Amiga if you propack them. "rnc propack" is worth googling if you want to do that.

At the moment, for a non-programmer the current available Amiga / PC SWOS editors I can find on this forum are very confusing. So I have not yet found a way to edit the PC SWOS team database in the first place. Let me explain:

• (1) The editor mentioned in this forum: www.swoes.info/editor_downloads/ is refered to as being an PC SWOS editor. And from the package I downloaded and the readme, I gather is is an Amiga program that has to run on an Amiga or an Amiga emulator. For me this looks cumbersome to start to use. To me it looks like an Amiga program in wich you can edit the PC SWOS database.
  • (2) The editor mentioned in the PC / editting/programming forum: github.com/anoxic83/AG_SWSEdt/tree/v2.4.6a is the other option. The trouble with this is that I again find no clear executable install file or editor program.

Is there a native .exe SWOS team database editor for Windows available? That can be run directly where you can edit and load either the PC SWOS team database and/or the Amiga SWOS team database and export it to an Amiga SWOS team database?
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by captaincofresi. Reason: layout improvements of message

More
3 years 10 months ago #143664 by Playaveli
Both versions you mentioned are native windows applications and work perfectly to edit SWOS team.xxx files.
To use them later for Amiga, you have to propack those team.xxx files with "rnc propack".

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #143666 by captaincofresi
Playaveli wrote:

Both versions you mentioned are native windows applications and work perfectly to edit SWOS team.xxx files.
To use them later for Amiga, you have to propack those team.xxx files with "rnc propack".

Then can you please explain to me why, when downloading the following package from this link only contains either files with the extension .info, or there is no file extensions shown, so no .com .exe or .bat files to use in Windows 10:
www.swoes.info/public/files/swoes/SwoEditorSv1.3.7z

And as for the file downloaded through the following link also has no .com .exe or .bat files to use in Windows 10:
github.com/anoxic83/AG_SWSEdt/archive/v2.4.6a.zip
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by captaincofresi. Reason: typo

More
3 years 10 months ago #143667 by Playaveli
Both zip-files have the exe and work 100% fine. Cannot see your problem. Might be an idea to check/disable your anti-virus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
3 years 10 months ago #143669 by captaincofresi
Playaveli wrote:

Both zip-files have the exe and work 100% fine. Cannot see your problem. Might be an idea to check/disable your anti-virus.

Thanks, that indeed was the problem in Windows 10 is appears. This worked for www.swoes.info/public/files/swoes/SwoEditorSv1.3.7z , so I will be using that one in combination with the "rnc propack".

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds