Gameplay Editing

More
1 year 1 month ago #146467 by lukasroar
Gameplay Editing was created by lukasroar
Hello,

Hopefully this is in the right area.  Is it possible to make major edits to the gameplay of SWOS?  

I understand SWOS is the most beloved version and the height of what Sensible Software achieved. However, my favourite version is the three button Mega Drive release.  I was wondering if it is possible to amend the controls, gameplay and speed to match that version, but on SWOS. 

This is probably sacrilege to all you hardcore SWOS fans, but I just wanted to know if it was possible and how difficult it would be to implement.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #146469 by thd79
Replied by thd79 on topic Gameplay Editing
Well yes it's sacrilege of course :D

I think it would be tough. Sensi Soccer is a different game to SWOS, and the Megadrive version is different to the Amiga version. It would take a lot of reverse engineering and hacking around with dissassembled machine code. It would require someone with both the skills and motivation and time to do it, and I'm not sure that person exists :)

But for what purpose would you want this? If you like the Megadrive version you can easily play this on emulators, and play online via Fightcade2.

More
1 year 1 month ago #146470 by lukasroar
Replied by lukasroar on topic Gameplay Editing
Thank you for replying.

I thought it might be a pipedream, it sounds like an incredibly difficult process and like you say, MD fans/enthusiasts are few and far between.

What purpose? Very good question lol.

The MD version is my childhood and something very dear to me.
I looked into modding the MD version as I have loads of ideas to improve it, inspired by what the SWOS community has done. but apparently editing the MD code is nigh on impossible for reasons you mentioned above. So, I wondered if editing SWOS to implement the MD version might be easier.

I could just upgrade to the superior SWOS, but it’s just not my version and doesn’t hold that nostalgia for me personally.

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds