Galahad to start work on fixing WHDLoad SWOS, yay!

More
10 years 7 months ago #120298 by olesio
Dior probable have version extracted by me from hdf used in Online matches by us. Because WHDLoad version have one minus for offline tournaments. If some power suply break happend, all saves are loose. Because WHDLoad game need to be closed by set quit key (for example F10) to store highscore/savegames/changed data files from memory to hard disk. Ofcourse harddisk version of games and most of WHDLoad one rulez. Playing in this time from adf under WinUAE is in my opinion something like tortures. Slow and unneceserry. Ofcourse most of real Amigas using during offlines do not have additional memory, so launching most of WHLoad games including SWOS is too hard. Only dior can suply own Amiga with 4/8 MB extension. I do not have transport possility to safety take mine with 4 MB om some next bigger SOWS offline events in Poland.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #120299 by Playaveli

Ofcourse most of real Amigas using during offlines do not have additional memory, so launching most of WHLoad games including SWOS is too hard.

For Sensible Days, there are always enough Amigas with extended RAM and HD.
whdload SWOS would be just great for this event!

More
10 years 7 months ago #120305 by olesio
So also on SensiDays you guys own UPSes? Possibility of power suply break during saving to floppy normal HDD version od SWOS is less possible than cut power source and clear memory, so probable exiting from game for example after 3 matches is needed. Anyway, I was on SensiDays in Wrocław ofcourse and we have only Dior Amiga wiith extension. Maybe next time good idea will be replay SensiDays in Poland and you Playa visit us, so I will have chance to meet you and you bring some powerfull Amigas with you, so we do not need to mess arround with floppies ;)

More
10 years 7 months ago #120307 by Playaveli

Maybe next time good idea will be replay SensiDays in Poland and you Playa visit us, so I will have chance to meet you and you bring some powerfull Amigas with you, so we do not need to mess arround with floppies ;)

Pallister is the man to be invited in this case, not me! ;)

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds