Amiga SWOS Graphics - why we need an editor!

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #59346 by EreWeGo
Hi all,

I know Hungry Horace s graphic editor is still in the pipeline, and I for one would LOVE to see it one day! In the meantime, I ve finally managed to edit some graphics, with a lot of experimenting, research, and some awesome help/tips from whiteulver, (thanks mate!) :D

Anyway, here are some screenies, showing some new adboards, nets, and ball design:

I did have a version using a different coloured ball too, but I found a small problem when doing that, (this issue also affects the PC graphics mods I noticed), whereby when the keeper saves the ball, or when throwing in the ball from the sideline, the coloured ball reverts back to the standard black and white one. You can t seem to edit this, as it then makes the ball change colour depending on the team kits. It s not hugely noticable, but I decided to leave the ball black and white, and just change the design a little. I also edited the throw-in and goalie sprites so the new design shows there too...

Anyway, I ve uploaded the HDF file for use with the Amiga SWOS online package, but note that this is for OFF-LINE PLAY ONLY!!!

To use, just backup or re-name your SWOS.hdf file in C:\Program Files\Amiga SWOS\Disks , and extract the one from the archive to that folder if you want to try it out. I haven t extensively tested this, as I m limited for time, but just wanted anyone interested to have a play with it:

www.mediafire.com/file/d2nljcj4inj/EWG-SWOS.zip

I ll still be messing about with the graphics, and will post links to any new versions. Have fun!

:)

*EDIT* - I ve tested this mod with WHDLoad versions on my real Amiga 1200, and it works fine, so here are some links for versions that should work from the hard drive on an A1200:

www.mediafire.com/file/nm1jzjajm1z/SWOS9697.zip

...and this version includes the little sound mod I made a while ago:

www.mediafire.com/file/1k0zfeytqjg/EWG-SWOS9697.zip

Just transfer the files to your A1200 then extract the archives.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #59348 by Kyon
Hey matey thats awesome for me . you use which tools ?

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #59359 by jankula
WOW, Great Job! :o The Ball is good as that in Swos Total pack,Great Editing...Tnx a lot!

Btw I`m using this config. by Pallister ,After that maximize the window... and it looks Great.... :D

Attachments:

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #59404 by EreWeGo
@ jankula - thanks mate, glad you like it!

Yeah, that config from Pallister works great - I use it myself.

@ Kyon - hey mate, I used quite a lot of different tools, but here s pretty much what I used:

XFDDecrunch
SwosEd
DPaint IV
ArtPro 1.12
RNC ProPack, (I used the PC executable for packing, for some reason I couldn t get the Amiga version of the program to work)

err....I think that s about it! It s quite time-consuming work, so that s why I m going to LOVE it when Horace has some spare time to release his editor.

;D

More
15 years 2 months ago #59409 by Playaveli
Very nice work, EreWeGo!
Adboards look nice.

More
15 years 2 months ago #59445 by whiteulver
Nice work my friend ;)

You are very good on pixel graphics, well done!

More
15 years 2 months ago #59467 by EreWeGo
@ Playa - cheers mate! ;D

@Whiteulver - thanks for the comments my friend, and a BIG thanks again for your help - I wouldn t have even been able to make it without your info!

@Everyone - I ve updated the first post with links for a version that should work from a real A1200, (WHDload versions)

More
15 years 2 months ago #59470 by Kyon
Thanks EreWeGo :P

More
15 years 2 months ago #59615 by Turko
This is brilliant. Syncroanted data updates and your Graphics have made the best game, even better! Thank you

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #61598 by HungryHorace

Hi all,
I did have a version using a different coloured ball too, but I found a small problem when doing that, (this issue also affects the PC graphics mods I noticed), whereby when the keeper saves the ball, or when throwing in the ball from the sideline, the coloured ball reverts back to the standard black and white one. You can t seem to edit this, as it then makes the ball change colour depending on the team kits. It s not hugely noticable, but I decided to leave the ball black and white, and just change the design a little. I also edited the throw-in and goalie sprites so the new design shows there too...

Hi EreWeGo,

Just read this and was wondering if you still had this keeper with ball problem?

have you check the cjcteams files, to see if the ball is included in the keeper s hands in those graphics? i think this is the likely cause of the ball revereting back. Persumably you would be limited to one ball throughout the game, although you would be able to have that altered.

good luck with this.

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds