ASL Cup new format!?

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #140652 by HairFU
I had an idea for a new format of ASL-Cup. Maybe let s create a big cup like it is in real football.
Let s say we make it with 32 players. That would mean all players of ASL 1 and ASL 2 will join for sure and best 8 players of last month ASL 3 will join as well. The dates could look like this:

Week one: Round 1 (last 32)
Week two: Round 2 (last 16)
Week three: Round 3 (quarterfinal)
Week four: final-stage (semifinal and final)

The players who are not playing and not posting on #asl-cup chat will remove from round, in that case only the players that are interessted will play in asl-cup, like we have today, but in that case we can have much more players in one official competition.
The deadlines and removing players who did not play was used on megafincup for example and it worked.

What do other players think about it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #140653 by Playaveli
HairFU, thanks for your suggestions. Feel free to do cups tournaments like that as you wish under a different name.

ASL Cup is a one-nighter for ALL players in any ASL division, at best announced a week (or two) before taking place, only KO-rounds with random draw, straight down the line beat-up!
This is no object to change.

More
5 years 3 months ago #140654 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: ASL Cup new format!?
Ok, then case is closed as I would like to have it connected to ASL and not making such a thing as a funcup under different name. Sure you are admin and can decide but if other players like a different format we never will change it as well?

More
5 years 3 months ago #140655 by Playaveli
As I said already, if players want to have a different format they are always free to open their own tournaments, fun cups, leagues whatsoever. Any initiative is welcomed!

More
5 years 3 months ago #140656 by HairFU
Ok in other words. You are admin, you like ALS Cup as it is and there will be never ever a change, no matter if other players like an idea to change a format or not. Boss has spoken ;)

Don t get me wrong, I respect it if most player like the idea of ASL-Cup played on one night (for me I have no problem with it, too - only it feels random, like a funcup for me), no problem with that, but this answer sounds like we never should make any ideas for official competition as there will be no changes, never at all, no matter what idea it is.

More
5 years 3 months ago #140657 by Playaveli
Nailed it, HairFU!

I d never go into a Hanse-Cup topic and ask you to change rules, bend formats whatsoever. I respect organizer s way to do and handle things, and if I don t like it, I do not join the competition.
And if I really wanted to make suggestions, I d ask BEFORE in a private chat if it would be ok to open a topic about it and calling random people in. Just out of respect!

I sense some Museum potential in here...

More
5 years 3 months ago #140658 by gatifun
Replied by gatifun on topic Re: ASL Cup new format!?
Hi!
well, ASL-Cup nowadays is played once at month, sometimes we are 6, sometimes we are 12, and so. It always has the quickness and interest of fast k.o. rounds with 2 legs. Hard competition, no other equal in the site.

About Hairfu s Idea, if i can give all you my opinion due to I have organized several tourneys last months, it is not practical. I wish it were possible! But making rules and schedules for k.o. rounds is a really nightmare. In megafuncups I can solve it because people waits, try to play, sometimes disappear, haha But we manage to do it at the end. But if you mix it with offical srn, own people life tasks and own schedules.... wow, it will explode.

In other hand (I said I wish it were possible), nowadays we don t have the enough participation day to day to make it. I say again: I wish!

IMHO ;) ;)

5 years 3 months ago #140659 by ElMichaJ
Replied by ElMichaJ on topic Re: ASL Cup new format!?
asl cup as ko is just written histoty ...

well may you can try an ASL-League-Cup .... but 1 week per round is hard to manage .... as admin and as player ...

even DSL is now planned as one day cup ... if someone organize and find enough players

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
5 years 3 months ago #140660 by HairFU
Just to make it clear. I only was bringing in an idea and did not want to judge about someones project. I was in hope to share some opinions about a different format and did not wanted to force something here.
For me I have no problem to hear some opinions about different formats of my own tournamets (even in public first), as long as words are without offence.

With all respect I really wanted to apologize here if someone feels disrespected or think this is not the kind of topic that should started in public first.

Hi!
well, ASL-Cup nowadays is played once at month, sometimes we are 6, sometimes we are 12, and so. It always has the quickness and interest of fast k.o. rounds with 2 legs. Hard competition, no other equal in the site.

I also like one-night cups like we do in funcups for example, it really can be a thrill if you play close matches :) The idea was more to give it a feeling of a full season played in a cup. For me it allways feels different if you have to play the whole month and just see on last days of month what you archive. That is also exciting for me. I really enjoyed this feeling in megafuncup.

About Hairfu s Idea, if i can give all you my opinion due to I have organized several tourneys last months, it is not practical. I wish it were possible! But making rules and schedules for k.o. rounds is a really nightmare. In megafuncups I can solve it because people waits, try to play, sometimes disappear, haha But we manage to do it at the end. But if you mix it with offical srn, own people life tasks and own schedules.... wow, it will explode.

In other hand (I said I wish it were possible), nowadays we don t have the enough participation day to day to make it. I say again: I wish!

IMHO ;) ;)

I see, the time window is very short in this scenario (is what I have thought before) and you have a good point that some week a lot of players will play and in the next round only one match is played (what will hapen in this case then)? This reminds me on some case in ISSF Cup here where we have to wait several weeks just for one semifinal to complete the tournament. I see it is more unpredictable in real life then on drawing board.

well may you can try an ASL-League-Cup

First it only would make sence if enough ASL players would interessted in this idea. And IF enough players would like to test out a first try of an ALS-League-Cup I only would do it if I have the ok of 100% of all ASL admins.

.... but 1 week per round is hard to manage .... as admin and as player ...

Gatifun had a good point here. (look on my answer above :) )

even DSL is now planned as one day cup ... if someone organize and find enough players

I allready have hear about it. Maybe One-Night Cup/League is better solution for a situation where less player could attent on a regular base. On ASL-Cup it is different as all players should have time to play on a regular base (theoretical), but gatifun allready had good points :)

More
5 years 3 months ago #140661 by Playaveli

Just to make it clear. I only was bringing in an idea and did not want to judge about someones project. I was in hope to share some opinions about a different format and did not wanted to force something here.
For me I have no problem to hear some opinions about different formats of my own tournamets (even in public first), as long as words are without offence.

With all respect I really wanted to apologize here if someone feels disrespected or think this is not the kind of topic that should started in public first.

Sure thing! There is absolutely no need to apologize for anything. Everyone is entitled to open any kind of topic they want.

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds