How to save a Highlight as complete Video

More
15 years 8 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #45999 by Pallister
Hi there!

I want to make a new Tutorial for saving Highlights for example to put a video in the GOTM thread! What you need (I make it that way, so I explain it in that way too) is FRAPS itself and the WindowMovieMaker!

The first step is surely to produce a highlight you want to save ;D

How I can save a highlight during the match?

First of all you should disable AUTO SAVE HIGHLIGHT in the Options screens of SWOS. If u have a great or weird scene then playing SWOS just hit the space-bar immediately and the last few seconds (around 5-6) are saved as highlight. Right after the match go to the main menu (if u set up a friendly for example u have to push EXIT) and choose the HIGHLIGHTS section. There u push SAVE HIGHLIGHT. Then u have to enter a filename and press enter. When the HIGHLIGHTS menu comes back the saving was successful.

How can I record a highlight with FRAPS?

First u have to download Fraps here: CLICK TO DOWNLOAD FRAPS
Save it where u want (but where u ll find it ;D ) and follow the Install instructions. After installed it start it. Now u have a small window where u can make the settings. Make them exactly as shown in the following pics:

-- Here in MOVIES u have to choose a folder where the vids are saved

Now start Amiga SWOS with your favorite screen settings. It works in fullscreen and also windowed mode!

You must see a digital yellow 50 in one of the screencorners. That shows you that everything is correct and that FRAPS runs.

When the SOWS menu appears u have to set up a friendly first. Choose the classic FORTUNA DUSSELDORF VS FREIBURG in Germany (fastest way) and start the match. As soon as the match starts, press the spacebar once, then press ESC (if u don t make this before u can t see anything when u load your HIL File). Now go to LOAD HIGHLIGHTS and choose the saved file.

After it s loaded press VIEW HIGHLIGHTS. Now the Teamsquads appear and after a few seconds u see your Highlight. If u push F3 now, u can see the digital, yellow 50 turning to RED. That means that FRAPS is recording right now. To stop the recording press F3 again.

How can I make a slowmo?

Quite easy. Right after u recorded the normal speed, press Alt+Tab, that turns you back to the desktop, but SWOS is still running. Now go to the Fraps menu MOVIES and enable 25 FPS instead of 50. Then go back to SWOS by clicking it in the taskbar. Then push again VIEW HIGHLIGHT. As soon as your HIL appears push F3 and u see the yellow 50 turning to a red 50, counting down to 25 and slowing down the game. After the HIL is over push F3 again. DONE!

Congrats, your HIL is saved to your Harddisk now. In the next Step we use the Windows Moviemaker to make a vid with the normal speed HIL and the slowmo HIL!

WindowsMoviemaker

Open the WindowsMoviemaker now (it s included in every bought PC, search in the programs list). When it s open, click on IMPORT VID on the left top and choose the NORMAL RECORDED video first (look closely at the recorded daytime). Now drag the VID to the Storyboard at the bottom. If it s in, click on IMPORT VID again and do the same with the slowmo HIL. When both vids are in the storyboard, click on the first vid there and press PLAY. If the normal HIL runs first now all is ok. If not, just drag and drop the 2nd vid on the 1st vid in the storyboard to change them.

Finally watch the whole HIL if it s ok for u. If so, go on SAVE TO COMPUTER/HARDDISK. Now u can give the vid a name and choose the folder where it has to be saved to. Then click on CONTINUE. After doing this click on MORE SETTINGS and choose HIGH QUALITY in the list. Then CONTINUE.

CONGRATS! You have a completely saved HIL file now for eternity ;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #46002 by daimaou
Great tutorial! Thanks for posting it, nice piece of work :)

More
15 years 8 months ago #46449 by Pallister
EDIT:

If u want to see your files on your savedisk (to extract Highlights for example) just download a href= www.viksoe.dk/code/adfview.htm#download ADF View /a

More
15 years 8 months ago #46451 by Falcon
very nice work here :)

You might wanna remove the record sound checkmark in FRAPS, for you really don t need it

More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #53513 by Playaveli
Fraps registered version added to Palli s post!
(no record time limitation, eg for whole matches)

More
15 years 3 months ago #56116 by Ali
I still have 1 problem.. When I pressed F3 to record, the fps is going down to 3 fps.. So it records automatically slowmotion.. When I stop recording, fps is going back to 50.. weird..

More
15 years 3 months ago #56119 by Playaveli
Hm, not enough CPU power? What are your specs?

More
15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #56128 by Ali
Hmm where can I check that ?

More
15 years 2 months ago #56596 by Pallister
Still got that probs, Ali? If so, please send me an Email to my known mail with some screenshots of your FRAPS settings...

More
15 years 2 months ago #56693 by Ali
Its the same setting as you shown here..

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds