Re: Sensible Soccer 2006, your opinion!

More
17 years 10 months ago #9935 by Sebo43
The game is simple bad!!! Where is the career mode?! Why are there so few Leagues, Teams in this game?!
For example i don`t find the turkish League and National Team!
You can not transfer Players and you can not play the Coach mode like old Swos Games!
I really miss this swos feeling!
The game is build like EA games and just the name is staying Sensible!
Waiting long time for this Bullshit and i have pay 30 € :-(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DeTon8R
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #9945 by DeTon8R
Replied by DeTon8R on topic Re: Sensible Soccer 2006, your opinion!
I voted disappointed, but that s ONLY because i feel there is more that can be done with it. Here are my comments i posted to another forum:

Although it looks nothing at all like the original top-down SS/SWOS, it s got the exact same game mechanics for bending the ball about etc, so it is essentially SS with an improved graphics engine.

The Pro s:
-Amusing graphics and goal celebration animations
-Sprinting stamina - runs out if you make your player sprint about during the game
-Vast range of leagues and cup competitions
-Ability to create your own team from scratch, taking this team through competitions improves the star rating of one of your players - the competition you are in improves the player it states completing it will improve.
-Winning a competition bumps you up the teams ranking ladder, based on a star system, which i think takes into account your average player ratings like the old SS/SWOS did.
-Lots of unlockable extas, such as new hairdo s for your players, new shirts, pitches etc
-Definitely geared as the old SS/SWOS was for multiplayer (not online)
-More bend than Uri Gellar

The Cons:
-No commentary
-Sound is a bit poor, could do with more chants and cheering during different situations, or the odd drum banging that the old SS/SWOS had
-NO CAREER MODE, hopefully this will be in a patch or a mod rather than another version, but it would make this game ace imo.
-No team stats: it would be nice if it tracked your players scoring record or something.
-No Season mode - you cant play a league season and play in the cups which come with it, meanign EVERY cup/League/Compo has to be run at a single time separately.

My Verdict:
It s still fun. Those who played SS/SWOS will appreciate that it hasn t lost the elements of the originals with the graphical upgrades. It just seems to be missing something, the career mode, there s loads of room for extras and its as though unlocking the bonus stuff after each individually run competition is a bit of a grind, it s definitely more fun with your mates round but for £15~ its worth it, £30 wouldn t- Just don t expect IIS or FIFA

7/10 [It needs a Career mode dammit!]

More
17 years 10 months ago #9949 by Stromberg
After playing a while I must change my opinion now. Saying this game completely sucks is definitely wrong. I had some fun creating my own team and trying to win those cups and leagues for getting my players promoted.

Anyway what many said now is true that there is no atmosphere in the match itself at all. I dont care about commentary but fan chants are a must for the on the pitch -feeling.

• Dazimus
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #9963 by Dazimus
Replied by Dazimus on topic Re: Sensible Soccer 2006, your opinion!
Voted disappointed. The lack of a proper career mode/SWOS management style is a downer for me and would ve improved the game massively.

As for the game itself, I hoped it d be better than it is. There is ... something about it which doesn t feel quite like I hoped. I think maybe the fact you can now turn 360 degrees as opposed to 8 ways is taking some getting used to as well.

Having to swap your players before every match is annoying :(

The goalkeepers seem pretty dodgy too :(

The tackling is awful and I hate the fact you can just walk into someone to tackle them :(

On the plus side, the mini-career mode with the custom team could be fun (haven t given it a proper try yet), the aftertouch is cool and plenty of teams to choose from.

Hopefully the modding scene can fix some of these issues too, though a proper career mode seems unlikely, I ll still dream ;D

More
17 years 10 months ago #9986 by Cobblers
Satisfied, but lacking in major areas.
Fors:
Fast frantic pace
Easy to pick up
Has a touch of the sensi feel to it
Maybe a far superior sequel will be made to keep us happy

Againsts
The one player mode is far too easy
Its good in two player mode, but a travesty no online mode.
Not fussed about commentary, but if they did, it should be comedy orientated, hyperactive style.
The camera without a .ini is awful
The computer cant hit a cows arse with a banjo if you move your keeper to the edge of the area
Passing back to the keeper is stupid
Havent managed to get my keeper out of his area, another must have to try and score goals
Player switching, either a button or drastic improvements
Having to re sort your formations, stupid
Changing formation chucking players everywhere for major sorting
No widescreen mode.
Hard to read so called tactics screen.
Lack of any actual tactical options.
Poor animation on zippy keepers
Keepers saving shots going hideously wide.

Thats off the top of my head, thankfully i know what im doing and the tweaked files work on me xbox so far, an official patch, well that wont happen for us console users.

Wonder if they ever heard of PlayTesters

Back to the emulators and pro evo for now

• Domin Gabryel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #9994 by Domin Gabryel
Replied by Domin Gabryel on topic Re: Sensible Soccer 2006, your opinion!
Imo Despite bugs Sensi 06 is better than SWOS 96/97 - but only in 2 players mode . AI suxx, and it is not fun to play against computer at all.

I just need old style of goalkeeping, with these cool robinsonadas :)

More
17 years 10 months ago #9997 by Richie_Pags
do u think they will bring out a patch so it can be played with a MX Video Card?

More
17 years 10 months ago #10017 by Hellenstone
Chance for this patch: 0%, or less...
:-\

„Es ist wichtig, dass man neunzig Minuten mit voller Konzentration an das nächste Spiel denkt“
Lothar Matthäus – Rekordnationalspieler Deutschlands

• Hooch
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #10021 by Hooch
Replied by Hooch on topic Re: Sensible Soccer 2006, your opinion!
I loved the first sensi game and all the ones that have followed except 98 which i have never played. Sensi 2006 is good and i am satisfied with it. Does take a little to get use to but i feel that all that i liked about sensible soccer is in this one and i like it very much.

As for the price i feel that it is a very good buy.

More
17 years 10 months ago #10023 by tomocb
Ok then.

I read all of this thread after playing one match on the new game and I think the problem is that while some of it feels like the original, much of the game has significantly changed. I was very surprised by some of the comments on this thread, particualrly when most of us a fairly well clued up on what to expect with this new version, so the fact that there is no career mode is absolutely no suprise to me, along with the omission of a few other items also.

Without trying to sound like too much of a smart-arse, this new version has created a very similar impact to what the original Sensible Soccer created. By this I mean that no one expected a football game to play like this, but the people who quickly grew to become very fond of it (Everyone on this discussion forum!) instantly new that it was a winning formula that would go on to bigger and greater things.

This is exactly what SS 2006 is doing, especially with the 10 year break that it has had, it has finally come back and it is testing the games market. I bet you that we re the only people to be overly critical of this new release, simply because (without blowing too many trumpets!) we re probably extremely good at playing SWOS and we expect to be able to know the game inside out from the start and expect it to play the way that we ve anticipated.

Meanwhile, all the people who are new to SS and are not our generation will be thinking - Hang on, I like this new style of football game. I can see a managerial version of this coming out in a couple of years! Does this sound familiar to any of you guys? Of course it does.

What I find really coincidental though is the fact that most of the flaws with SS 2006 are exactly the same as the original SS!! I m confident that they will follow up with a new and improved version that will incorporate most of the negative items that everyone raised in this thread.

Remeber, that there is no football game like this out there, and I don t believe for one second that this new itteration is bad enough for Codemasters not to be commissioned to work on a follow-up.

Sensible Soccer has been resurrected and started again.

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds