Sensible Days 2021 - Discussion topic

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #144599 by ElMichaJ
well strange days as we all know...
last years edition was controversive, but at least we had done it. It was a great organizer team which did all that it could happen.

This time we just dont know. Normally we would plan for July or August and count the days down until the best date of the year.
Normally we decide in november/december the year before, where the next edition will take place.

This time we ask now if there is an organizer team (or maybe more) which is able to plan and organize spontanous.
We dont know the rules in Summer now, there could happen so much until these dates.

but at least it would be interesting to know if there is any organizer team this year.
I could also try to setup a small edition in berlin, but i dont know the circumstances yet, and i am not really sure about hotels and economic situation.

Just tell me your words here

well, it shouldnt be a political discussion, we have all kinds of opions here in the community.
just tell if you could manage to join or organize or not with some details about it

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Playaveli.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dior

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #144600 by lobo
It felt great to had it done last year despite all the obstacles. Hopefully someone could do it again this year. It's nearly impossible to tell what the situation will be in July/August but would be nice to have something to look forward to.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #144603 by Playaveli
Would be cool if something could be done on a short notice. When there is no law (gatherings of more than 5 people etc) or travel restriction in place at the time, then why not? As long as we're not doing anything illegal, make it happen.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Playaveli.

More
2 years 11 months ago #144811 by xflea
I know this is not a good time to discuss now - because of all the shitty COVID developments, but:

About spontanous opportunities - I might have one here in Bielsko-Biala - it is a local sport club (that I know the president of), they have a sport hotel just next to the municipal stadium in Bielsko-Biala. The hotel is currently under refurbishment, shall be ready in late June - it can host 60+ people + restaurant and conference rooms.

The nice thing is they won't start operating this new hotel before September (even if COVID draws back), so practically all dates in July and August are flexible. There also should not be a big problem if we resign from doing this because of COVID ar whatever.

As long as the situation is similar to last year's summer I think it would be possible to host a tournament.

I've already spoken to the Polish SWOS Team and we can do it again.

Just let me know what you think - is anyone interested?

goo.gl/maps/NCdsxq9g3sTHzrZi7

More
2 years 11 months ago #144815 by Bomb
@xflea: definitely!
you guys always have the best relations to local hotel owners... :D strange, but great!

More
2 years 11 months ago #144817 by lobo

you guys always have the best relations to local hotel owners... :D strange, but great!

Polish mafia ?

More
2 years 11 months ago #144820 by Playaveli
Ths is great news! Depending on my travel permit, I would join for sure if it's within travel possibilities in July/Aug. Just hope the German so called "government" gets their act together until then.

More
2 years 11 months ago #144826 by Bomb

Polish mafia ?

:D ;) :8

No, but since my first offline Sensidays in Poland there have been always great locations (the one in Wroclaw where I stopped 4 Amigas at once for example - was it an old train station?). If I remember correctly for the locations in Wroclaw, Lubin etc. there have been personal reltationships sometimes between Sensidays organizers and location owner.Well not sure tough... I am too lazy to read through old forum threads :P

But I am pretty sure that in Germany ElmichaJ or me always faced big problems when we try to find a good location - especially now it would be impossible.

More
2 years 11 months ago #144827 by Bomb

Ths is great news! Depending on my travel permit, I would join for sure if it's within travel possibilities in July/Aug. Just hope the German so called "government" gets their act together until then.

"Mafia" would fit better here ;)
@Playa: would be awesome if you could make it.

More
2 years 11 months ago #144835 by lobo
Doesn't seem likely we will get another proposal, let's pick a date and make it official.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds