Can't get Saitek P380 working on Laptop (Vista)

• chrisd
  • chrisd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #62709 by chrisd
Hello

I had a lot of problems getting Amiga SWOS to run on my PC, but after help from daimaou and sociopati I’ve eventually got it running.

However, I can’t seem to get a controller to work and have to use the keyboard (it’s a new Dell Laptop with Windows Vista). I bought a Saitek P380 Dual Analog gamepad and plugged it in. The PC recognises it ok, but when I play SWOS I still have to use the keys.

I think the problem is possibly in the options I get before playing the game. it mentions input device and controller device and give some options including joy port 0, joy port 1, mouse, keys…….1 etc and I’ve tried changing these, but still not working.

The controller is connected into one of three USB ports.

Sociopati has suggested downloading xpadder at www.xpadder.com/ and this gives me three options

Download 7ZIP (308KB)
Download RAR (345KB)
Download ZIP (426KB)

Any ideas which one should I use, or are they all the same?

Should I save this in the SWOS folder or somewhere else?

Sorry for all the questions, but just want to make sure I can get the conrtoller working.

I’ll try downloading this xpadder when I get home from work, but any help other in the meantime would be greatly appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #62798 by daimaou
Game I/O Ports tab:
Amiga Joy Port 1 - PC Joystick 0 or PC Joystick 1 should be all you need.

Or just set:
Amiga Joy Port 0 - PC Joy 0
Amiga Joy Port 1 - PC Joy 1
start the game if you can t move, press F12 go to Game I/O Ports tab press Swap then press OK and try moving again.

Just to be sure go to the Input tab and see if in the device dropdown list you see your USB joystick. But leave it in compatibility mode.

you can download any of those xpadder bundles they are all the same.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds