Active Soccer 2023 in Steam (currently Early Access)

More
5 months 2 hours ago - 5 months 2 hours ago #146767 by Synchronated
Hi there, wondering if anyone else is playing Active Soccer 2023 on Steam? Latest patch (with many improvements and 23-24 data) dropped this week and really polishes the gameplay. A modern/arcade game with loads of depth and a full SWOS-style career mode, which is great. Online play due soon with the final version. Full disclosure, I work on the game. Thoughts?

Last edit: 5 months 2 hours ago by Synchronated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago - 4 months 4 weeks ago #146768 by thd79
I downloaded it to give it a try. Sadly, it's not playable on my PC - it runs at less than 1 frame per second. Even the menu screens update at about 0.5Hz. Something seems wrong with it? I know my PC isn't fast or powerful, but it shouldn't be running like this.
Last edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by thd79.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago - 4 months 4 weeks ago #146770 by Synchronated
@thd79 it is an Unreal Engine game (which will be on nextgen consoles etc.) with proper lighting, cloth deformations, high detail crowd and players etc. so unfortunately you do need a fast PC to run it.

I think the dev intends to soon make a second low-spec branch (to run on Nintendo Switch) which will then be accessible on the PC version.
Last edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by Synchronated.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #146771 by thd79
But even the menu screens are running at well under 1fps - something has to be wrong.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago - 4 months 4 weeks ago #146772 by Fantaluca
Hi, it's Gianluca the developer.
With the new patch the game has a first batch of optimization, maybe you can try it again.
can I please know your specs? In particular your GFX card?
To be honest the game has been developed with PS4 / Xbox One as target machines, that means a GTX 1060 on a PC that is a 2016 video card.
As being in Early Access at first I did not optimized the game for lower systems, especially the version you tried.
I personally have a 2015 not-gaming notebook and with the latest patch I can run at about 40 fps setting low details.
A new optimization batch will happen soon, the game will be converted to Nintendo Switch so it is a mandatory task.
The game has been developed in Unreal Engine and, to be 100% honest, I don't think the game will perform as smooth as a Unity game on lower systems. But there is of course room for a lot of improvements that will happen before the final version.
Last edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by Fantaluca.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #146773 by thd79
Hi Gianluca

My system is aCeleron N4100 with intgrated Intel UHD600. Maybe it will never play the game at 60fps :) Buf if you are able to get the game going at 60fps on Switch, there is a chance. Good luck, and well done with the game so far.

Maybe you could have more options to turn graphics settings lower?

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #146774 by thd79
Have you tried the game on Steamdeck? I am thinking to buy one to use as a PC console.

4 months 3 weeks ago #146782 by ElMichaJ
just got it, but need to find time for it, looks very nice

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds