Re: Where did you get your Nickname?

• CATS
  • CATS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 2 months ago #5376 by CATS
Where did you get your Nickname? was created by CATS
Where did you get the Nickname you use on these forums?

Some stories are fairly interesting when this gets asked. Mine s a little interesting I suppose.

CATS is a character from Zero Wing, the 1989 game for the Sega Mega Drive or Genesis . He uttered the now famous badly-translated words All Your Base Are Belong To Us... that helped start an entire craze of photoshopping and game-references made by companies on their websites as big as HP and Microsoft.

To find out more, just visit this site and have a quick look around: CLICK HERE!

I ve used it on various forums since around 2001 and it s just stuck with me since.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 2 months ago #5378 by Playaveli
Playaveli is basicly a derivative of Makaveli which was Tupac (2pac) Shakur s pseudonym.

2 reasons i choose this derivative:

1. Once I downloaded a very good remix of one 2pac Song. This remix was called Playaveli remix !

2. The word play is in it. I don t think i have to explain this any further ;) !

Last but not least it sounds really nice. I like it!

More
18 years 2 months ago #5379 by Jonty Rhodes
The name Jonty Rhodes, apart from being the name of a South African cricketer was put together by myself and Jhary Conel.

We were stuck for a name for our first career on Amiga SWOS 94/95. Thought it sounded rather funky so it stuck.

More
18 years 2 months ago #5385 by Synk
Well my first nick was Phanterx but after some time it didnt sound good to me so i decided to change nick.
I was in msn talking with a friend about vertical sincronization etc so i thought about Synk LOL ;D

More
18 years 2 months ago #5386 by Craizinho
My Teammates of my Reallife Soccerteam called 1. FC Oberahr gave me that name, because in training I offen beat them with some tricky moves and I m also a bit crazy, that s why they call me Crazy before I became this name, so it is a Mix between Crazy and Ronaldinho = Craizinho ;D

More
18 years 2 months ago #5388 by Stromberg
Main actor of a german office TV series. If you know perhaps the main character from The Office you know Stromberg as its basically the same story.

( www.prosieben.de/show_comedy/stromberg/ )

More
18 years 2 months ago #5389 by jospace
1. Jo = is an abbreviation of my first name...Jonathan

2. www.space-ibiza.es  = Space is the best disco of the world. Last summer I worked in Ibiza (Spain)  for a month, the first time i ve been there I was totally flashed by the majesty of this club, wich can contains about 7 thousands people!  8)

More
18 years 2 months ago #5391 by Eleven
I played long time basketball in Turkey. My number was 11. A teammate (he was also captain) wanted to get no.11. So i had to give it up. But after that i had been called eleven. So i was the real no.11 :) And it stays so ;)

More
18 years 2 months ago #5393 by Oli O.
There was a spanish striker called Olivero Oli and my first name is Oliver so I found it funny.. In Anstoss his name is written Oli, O. and thats it. ;D

More
18 years 2 months ago #5394 by dior
Dior - in fact Dior Aranel - an Elf. Name of one of old heroe s of Middleearth. 3er part of Lord of the ring ;-)
Did i mentioned i very like Elf s? :D

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds