Re: promoting swos online

More
13 years 2 months ago #96277 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: promoting swos online

Well, Retri sure tried his best to motivate them. Aside from the licensing issue, I noticed that the developers mentioned several times the great amount of work that an Amiga driver would require...

Nice ideas by HairFu and Elmichaj.
If we could find a way to improve the netcode we could also simplify our online pack by getting rid of the server option and rely exclusively on p2p (if I m not mistaken, some emulators support more than 2 simultaneous players in p2p mode).

Also, I don t know if anyone is still using the Switch kaillera client button since the new kailleraclient.dll can be used for both p2p and servers.

Yeah p2p is not allway the best option (for example with italian players I alway have better connection on server) and p2p also need some knowledge to configure it. But except for that, p2p is a really good think.
But I also don t see the most problems in bad connection in having no new players for playing online. Sure it is allways better to have a solution, that evryone can play online. But it is a fact that you need a fast connection to play a game like SWOS (or other fast games).
At the moment it is not very transparency that you can play online. The current online playable version makes it not 100% clear that it is possible to play online matches (many people did not know what kaillera means) and since it original never was possible to play swos online the most that hear it for the first time, it is very surprising them. With a new version, that includes a very clear button that called online playing it is clear for evryone. And so it would be the best to press on the button, like I explained, and go easealy to the menu (or chat) that you need to play without the need of searching for any information. That s more learning by doing and is offten the most effective way to explain something :)

interesting product information ..
would be nice to do like hairfus idea ...

but who should code it ^^

to make a chat for a match could be made by website ... i got some idea there for it

Yeah, a chat could be a website, but it should integrate in a window that is linked with the new SWOS kaillera pack, so that you directly go to the chat and no internet browser needs to open for that (for me it is allways stupid to open a web browser when I want something in a programm). It all should look like it is directly integrated in the game.
Hmm, don t hide your ideas. Would be nice to hear them :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #96292 by HairFU

[...]but who should code it ^^[...]

I could ask someone I know. I think if the person really is motivated to do that, he could produce something like my idea. Maybe he could do it as a job? Don t know if money could bring his motivation on (that is no joke, I mean it serious - because the person have less time)? What do other think about a online version like I have explained?

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #96300 by Retrieving

I could ask someone I know. I think if the person really is motivated to do that, he could produce something like my idea. Maybe he could do it as a job? Don t know if money could bring his motivation on (that is no joke, I mean it serious - because the person have less time)? What do other think about a online version like I have explained?

The GUI should look like this (so if you got a friend who would be capable of coding a new interface show him these screenshots):

img35.imageshack.us/img35/431/ggpomatch.jpg

img28.imageshack.us/img28/4111/ggpogui.jpg

A lobby window with a built-in chat, when you click on the opponent s username a you have been challenged by xxxxxx! Accept? Yes/No message automatically pops up on his screen, if he accepts the emulator starts up on his own and both of you are in the game.

It d make things 100 times easier for newbies, I d pay pretty pennies to get such an upgrade cause I hate the WinUAE/Kaillera convoluted layout.

More
13 years 2 months ago #96306 by HairFU
For me the layout of the chat looks not very pretty (at least it seems very workable). But I know what you mean, it is exactly the same like my idea :)

More
13 years 2 months ago #96812 by HairFU
Any other suggestion about my idea or any other/new idea ?

More
2 years 2 months ago #145781 by Zafer
Replied by Zafer on topic promoting swos online
Thanks Retrieving, sorry seems I missed this message 12 years ago! Wish this could work and Philip could be back online..

More
1 year 8 months ago #146131 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: promoting swos online

= we ll never get SWOS on GGPO or 2DF/Starcade because of developers arguing over, IMHO, petty things and being at war with each other ::) :-\

Never say never....

Time to create page: 0.315 seconds