SWOS - DLC feature

More
2 years 9 months ago #145189 by starwindz
Replied by starwindz on topic SWOS - DLC feature

Bug report in version 2.3: It looks like the DLC for EC2020.diy does not overwrite my current file when I click 'download again'. Also clicking Remove in the DLC manager does not work. I had to manually remove the EC2020.diy file to get this working, and download a new version.

this is not a bug. this .diy file preservation is the feature. you need to reset your EC2020.diy file you previously downloaded first in order to get the update to work. or just delete the EC2020.diy file from your SWOS2020/swos folder
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #145190 by captaincofresi
Replied by captaincofresi on topic SWOS - DLC feature

Bug report in version 2.3: It looks like the DLC for EC2020.diy does not overwrite my current file when I click 'download again'. Also clicking Remove in the DLC manager does not work. I had to manually remove the EC2020.diy file to get this working, and download a new version.

this is not a bug. this .diy file preservation is the feature. you need to reset your EC2020.diy file you previously downloaded first in order to get the update to work. or just delete the EC2020.diy file from your SWOS2020/swos folder

Okay, I get that you want to preserve saved EC2020.diy files, for people who do not save it under a different name, and would lose their progress if they accidentially click 'download again'. Now, what exactly do you mean by 'reset your EC2020.diy file'? And how is that done? Since the 'Remove' button does not work, and I would assume that is how I would reset it, Remove it, and Download again. But that is not working.

Or is the ONLY way to do this, manually delete your EC2020.diy file, as I did?
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by captaincofresi.

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #145191 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic SWOS - DLC feature
Highlight the file in DLC tab, then press button to reset. As shown in screenshot attached from starwindz. Done! ;)
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Playaveli.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #145192 by captaincofresi
Replied by captaincofresi on topic SWOS - DLC feature

Highlight the file in DLC tab, then press button to reset. As shown in screenshot attached from starwindz. Done! ;)

Ok, my bad I did not see there was a screenshot. I just kept looking for a Reset button on the Custom Team & Diy tab in the DLC Manager where I would expect it to be. Now I get it that it is in the general overview of the DLC tab, a bit strange to find functions specific for the Custom Teams & Diy in the general overview of the DLC Manager though, suppose you had to put them somewhere where there was still space for buttons and checkboxes.
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by captaincofresi.

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds