A little bit of ideas for future new features

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #145487 by captaincofresi
Request: An easy and quick way to import the new database into existing DIYs.

As I made about +/- 40 diy cups / leagues (20 for normal swos, 20 for futsal) with on the 4th of October (as it kinda looked like the leagues updates were done):
- top 5 clubs absolute
- top 5 clubs, with 1 from each major european football competition
- top 10 clubs absolute
- top 10 clubs, with top 2 of each major european football competition
etc.

Only now I discover that there is a lot of balancing still going on in several leagues, e.g. Elliot is gone for Liverpool, there is no Milner, and Jones is back somehow.

Top 10 absolute - on the 4th of October:
Manchester City 561, tactic 451
Machester United 553, tactic 451
Real Madrid 540, tactic 433
Bayern Munich 539, tactic 424
Atletico Madrid 537, tactic 424
PSG 537, tactic 442
Chelsea 527, tactic 434
Liverpool 525, tactic 451
Juventus 515 tactic 442
Barcelona 512 tactic 433
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by captaincofresi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #145488 by captaincofresi
This might have been mentioned already, for the Uniform Switcher add one extra slot to the cycling of uniforms. So that you can edit the third uniform yourself and have it available for all matches (as I can imagine you do not want to do this for all teams by hand). E.g. have Home > Away > Custom, so that you can always quickly select the third uniform for each match and that it is saved. I have noticed I do need the third 'complete yellow' kit for Liverpool a lot in the English Premier League as opponnent often do have black/white in their uniforms.

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #145489 by Playaveli

Sorry, but we can't accept any "requests". It's just a hobby. And what you are asking for is just so random, it wouldn't make sense now to focus on that.
Use the EXPORT team function of SWOES 1.3, and redo the DIY.

This might have been mentioned already, for the Uniform Switcher add one extra slot to the cycling of uniforms. So that you can edit the third uniform yourself and have it available for all matches (as I can imagine you do not want to do this for all teams by hand). E.g. have Home > Away > Custom, so that you can always quickly select the third uniform for each match and that it is saved. I have noticed I do need the third 'complete yellow' kit for Liverpool a lot in the English Premier League as opponnent often do have black/white in their uniforms.

There is no such things as 3rd kit in SWOS. It would require MAJOR code update. At this point it is not worth the effort, because you can change 1st and 2nd shirts at all times, at your convenience.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Playaveli.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #145491 by captaincofresi

Sorry, but we can't accept any "requests". It's just a hobby. And what you are asking for is just so random, it wouldn't make sense now to focus on that.
Use the EXPORT team function of SWOES 1.3, and redo the DIY.

There is no such things as 3rd kit in SWOS. It would require MAJOR code update. At this point it is not worth the effort, because you can change 1st and 2nd shirts at all times, at your convenience.

I understand that it is too cumbersome to make an 'import database to diy' feature, when I see a signal/message that the leagues for Spain/Italy/Germany/England/France are done I will just remake the 40 diys by hand (just too bad the space bar stops working for the title edit, after the first diy is done; needs to exit game for each new diy now, although that is just a minor inconvenience).

And for explaining that a 'third uniform' would require a MAJOR update, I did not know this. I will probably use the third 'yellow' uniform as the secondary from now on, as the Liverpool second uniform does clash quite a lot, I will just see how it is at the end of the career season that is.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by captaincofresi.

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #145503 by Kanchelskis

I see. I still don't understand how one guy could make such a huge data base without worrying about license and gave tools to change everything even if something didn't had it (Japanese league had wrong names), but EA and Konami can't or don't want to give such tools. The problem with both is that even if you have those tools, even here in SWOS there's limit how much you can do, so if there are 43 European leagues we can't do more and make them work in-game as well as adding more lower divisions into all leagues. It's beyond me how Ecuador ended up with 4 divisions, but Germany had only two. There's lack of few leagues like Macedonia, Moldova, Armenia, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan too. I hope that some day we will get SWOS 2.0 or similar game with every national team and every league on the planet, together with tools to fully customize tournament rules. Obviously even without license there's no problem if you make just placeholders for them at the beginning.

At the time the licenses question was very marginal. Videogames were made by very small companies with few guys (Sensisoft was composed by 5 members) and budgets were minimal. Also the visual depiction was very poor compared to today's standards: no logos, no real shirts, no photorealistic players. It's not a surprise that they also used when possible simple or colloquial name referable to the cities rather than the official club names (i.e. Liverpool and not Liverpool F.C.) or where there were already licenses (J League) fake names.
It's not true that actual companies are not giving tools: PES always had a powerful editor to compensate the lack of licenses, while third generation FIFAs had Creation Center. This situation is changing because the exclusive licenses are becoming every year more expensive for the companies and they do whatever they can so that the rival game cannot have the team they pay for even with mods.
About the SWOS database, Ecuador has only a division, maybe you're making confusion with El Salvador. The lack of some nations depends on the fact that at the time of the creation of the database (92/93, thereafter they have updated only the major leagues) they didn't exist or weren't professionals. Imagine being in 1992, with no internet and building a huge database only on papers and magazines. Macedonian first division was created in 1992 so they didn't have any source (which at the time would have been terribly hard to retrieve).
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Kanchelskis.

More
2 years 5 months ago #145505 by Gosen
Yes, El Salvador! This is crazy :D I knew some strange country got many divisions.

PES has tools, but they are limited. For example you can't add more leagues than default database has (similar to SWOS). This is my main complain about all those games. Their database is very restricted and you can't add 200 new leagues. Like in PES6 you can only have 5 leagues, because there's no more space to add more, it's very silly. I wish I can have all leagues with second and lower divisions, not only just few or limited to the default number. Somehow SWOS2020 changed number of teams in Polish league, so instead of 16 we have 18 now, but there's lack of 2nd division, which is slap on the face if El Salvador can have 4! Also there's no Macedonia, Moldova, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and some other pretty important leagues, especially considering Sheriff is so great this season. We are restricted only to 43 leagues, because it's the database restriction. Why creators of football games can't make template for every possible league on the planet or add tools to edit such things, it's so damn easy. You just make database, add templates and you don't care about the names, license, etc. Everything will be done by moders anyway. SWOS2020 project is great and have many possibilities, yet it's still very restricted when it comes to team pool. It can't go beyond fixed numbers of the base game, which is sad. You added all World Cups as DIY, great, but I wish it had qualifications as well, like Viva Football had from 58 to 98.

More
2 years 5 months ago #145543 by chaoz2eyez
For all these years of playing SWoS 96/97 and Total SWoS I always thinking about adding this:
- in-game achievements (like xbox 360 remake) for example: score 300 goals in one year in Career Mode; collect 30 trophies in one career run; have two forwards worth at least 12 mln pounds; score 20/30/40 goals in one game in Career Mode etc. It will be great "metagame" for experienced players. There are ton of ideas for achievements. Some require grinding (score 5000 goals during one Career Run), some will be skill based (score a goal with goalkeeper), some will be rng based (have 3 injuries in one game).
- Indoor/Futsal/5-a-side soccer mod : it was great mode in FIFA 97 or 98 (dont remember). Fast paced matches, no cards, 5 vs 5, instead of lines the walls from which ball will bounce back, after each goal the goalkeeper resume the game, small pitch (maybe smaller goal and ball), matches only in 3 Minutes etc.
- Career Mode upgrades:
a) injury for AI/comp players during matches;
b) ability to conver and train TRAIL players to be worth more (i remember that starting career there is some possibility to have one of TRAIL players more valuable: better stats and value up to 2,5M Pounds, but its rare)
c) more seasons than 20 in one run
d) auto summary of top scorer/s of each year in Career, to see how many goals which player has during whole Carrer Run. Each season contains in game TOP15 scorers, so there is a database from which it could be collected.
e) pre season matches : friendly matches (for example 3 or 5) with random teams before each season starts. It could be named friendly league/cup and the matches will be not count to team stats (exactly as training with B Team does)
f) pick penatly/free kick taker: now its automatically the main Forward (number 9)
g) season ball : for example orange during winter/frozen, yellow on mud, white on summer/normal pitch
h) i think its impossible but i always thinked about smooth transition of position for example: if we have two good LW and one of them we place in LB for certain number of matches (for example 20) he will automatically swap position LW > LB. Until we redo this, he will remain LB for rest of Career. Player will have more options in Career Mode and be able to simulate some history of real players like Gareth Bale LB > LW > FW or Lothar Matthäus M > D
i) editable player numbers : during career we only have 1-11, and bench 12-16. As a player we need to sweep and mix the starters to have Forward with number 7 or 3, and defender with 10. And we cannot have shirt numbers like in real modern football 24, 30, 54 etc.

and many more :)

I understand that most of these things cannot be implemented in SWOS 2020, but it's nice to see that the game is constantly evolving and improving. Keep great work!

More
2 years 5 months ago #145545 by Playaveli
Very nice ideas. Thanks for your input. In game achievements are coming up this Saturday with the new SPEEDRUN mode.

All of your ideas are possible and can be implemented. It's just a matter of time, effort and of course priority.

More
2 years 5 months ago #145550 by obmij77
Is it likely Playaveli that the hex editing required for unlimited transfers etc will NOT be required on future upgrades?

More
2 years 5 months ago #145551 by obmij77
Also ideas:
* Addition of purple, navy blue, pink and other colours
* Addition of halved kit design
* In career the number of decent youth players coming thru seems to be different from the original?

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds