Team database - bug reports

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #145738 by Playaveli
Goalkeepers in SWOS cannot be higher valued than 4.5 M! Otherwise the game reacts funny and they don't save any shots. :)
Also, in 96/97 4.5 million is the highest price for the best goalkeepers in the game (Schmeichel).

If they are too weak, select stronger goalkeepers in Advanced tab of launcher.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Playaveli.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #145739 by Gosen
Replied by Gosen on topic Team database - bug reports
Wait, what? Goalkeepers over 4.5M doesn't save anything? This is strange :o Is it a bug? I simulated games and 12-15M GKs were giving lot of clean sheets, but I guess that in-game gameplay is complety different. So many years passed and I still learn something new about this game.

Edit: I tested it and it's not true. GKs were 10-12M and they were amazing, first 0:0 I had in a while. Then I played another game between top teams with GK I edited to 12M and another 0:0. My 100% goal pattern didn't work, they were saving everything!
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Gosen.

More
2 years 2 months ago #145792 by Gosen
Replied by Gosen on topic Team database - bug reports
After playing few seasons here and there I think that team strength is presented very good (like Mitrovic in Championship being the top scorer), but the huge problem is lack of challenge, because of number of draws. There's unrealistic number of AI draws, so it's very easy to win league, because even top teams, which don't lose at all have often more draws than wins or something like 20 wins and 15 draws.

More
2 years 2 months ago #145812 by zandarbandar
Hei!
Some notes and suggestions for the finnish league in the latest database. Also some notes about finnish players abroad.

Some of the finnish league(Veikkausliiga) team names needs small correction:
IFK HELSINKI -> HIFK FOTBOLL
LAHTI -> FC LAHTI
KOTKA -> FC KTP
OULU -> AC OULU
ILVES TAMPERE -> ILVES

To add FC or AC in front of some clubs might sound crazy but these are really the official names of these clubs and also the names the finnish football fans actually call them. Without these fc's and ac's it would be like calling Manchester United just Manchester. ILVES TAMPERE also refers more to the company behind the club than to the club itself, altough these days i'm not always sure which is more important point of view in football world: the business or the beautiful game.

About finnish leagues player positions there's couple of things i would change because the players were transfered to the clubs in the middle of season(which is played in summertime in finland) but after their transfer played practically all the time. There's also some suggestions for some players skills. I know the skill update is not the easiest task to do without messing up the gamebalance and i'm also not sure if anyone cares to do anything to them anymore anyway before next(possible) major update-campaign.

Here's my notes and suggestions:

-IFK HELSINKI(HIFK FOTBOLL): KEI KAMARA <-> JUSIF ALI. After the switch i would also switch kamara and keaton isaksson positions. MOSHTAGH YAGHOUBI is also more M than LW.
-HJK HELSINKI: FILIP VALENCIC is more A, RW or LW than M.
-INTER TURKU: PETTERI FORSELL <-> ALEJANDRO SANZ. Btw. Forsells shooting should be 15. In my opinion his shots are on Roberto Carlos-level. Polish swos-fans most likely confirms that too :P
-KUPS: URHO NISSILĂ„ is(or was, because he's just transfered to south koreas fc suwon) absolutely the best player of the squad and was also selected the best player of the season in finnish premier league and has been on quite similar level for couple of seasons now. He also debuted in finnish national team last year. I would upgrade all his skills a bit. He is a especially superb passer of the ball and also good at curling freekicks and corners, his speed should also be better. TIM VAYRYNEN's best asset is his heading, one of the best goalmachines in the league.
-SJK SEINAJOKI: ARIEL NGUEUKAM is also one of the best players in the league, also the best goalscorer of the season. Has been scoring a lot everywhere he has played, i think it should be seen somewhere in his stats.
-OULU: SERGEY EREMENKO <-> ANSELMI NURMELA. MAGNUS BREITENMOSERS bc should also be higher.

Then let's go abroad.

One thing I was a bit surprised was that in denmark leagues Nordsjaelland there's none of the finnish players there. I'm certain that Leo Walta, Oliver Antman and Maksim Stjopin have all played enough to be there, atleast on the bench, altough i have not checked that from transfermarkt etc.. I admit i might just consider at their fieldtime through my bluewhite glasses and get it all wrong.

Other question on my finnhunt is why there's no FC Austin in USA's league? Is USA update still undone? Austin's captain Alex Ring is anyway one of the best finnish footballplayers these days and i'd like to see him in game.

In Swedish leagues djurgarden Rasmus Schuller has blond(or reddish) hair in real life instead of black.

And finally Glasgow Rangers' Glen Kamara is most likely more valuable than 950K.

That's about it for now. I have to point out that i'm not asking anyone to do anything about these things, they're just some of my notes of the current state of updates. All who have kept updating the game have done awesome job, big respect. It's also perfectly ok for me to edit the database just for my own use every now and then. Anyway things probably seem different in couple of days when januarys transferwindow closes.

More
1 year 11 months ago #145937 by captaincofresi
SWOS2020 version 4.0.3 >> Career mode for Liverpool, England for 21/22 is wrong, the Champions League participation is replaced by Uefa Cup participation (also noticed 'away goals' are still turned on for that one, but that is a different story; as there are no away goals on international matches anymore). I started the Career twice and on both occassions there is no Champions League, but instead the Uefa Cup for Liverpool.

(1) Team database 2022-0202-0438 (stopped updating due to possible Winter Transfers messing up the start of 21/22) + no DLC database selected.
(2) DLC Database for '2021/22 0 SWOS2020' selected and enabled.

Hope this can be fixed before the end of the season, would be nice to be able to play a Liverpool Career with Champions League included before the season ends.

More
1 year 11 months ago #145940 by Playaveli
Manchester City was PL winner in 20/21. So they are the English team in CL 21/22 for SWOS career. Chelsea is in there, too, as title defenders.
Can't see anything wrong with that.

More
1 year 11 months ago #145941 by captaincofresi

Manchester City was PL winner in 20/21. So they are the English team in CL 21/22 for SWOS career. Chelsea is in there, too, as title defenders.
Can't see anything wrong with that.

Okay, I just heard from Fransesco that in SWOS the number of teams for the Champions League is limited to less teams than in real life. So it does not mirror real life. And I probably got spoiled, with Liverpool being in there for previous seasons ;-) . But then at the end of 20/21 the were 3rd in the English Premier League standings, so that means for SWOS they are not in the Champions League due to the limitation of SWOS2020 that there are less teams for the Champions League? And therefore were put in the Uefa Cup instead for Career mode instead?

More
1 year 11 months ago #145943 by Playaveli
Yes! Been like that since our first community update in 16/17.

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #145944 by captaincofresi

Yes! Been like that since our first community update in 16/17.

Well, I now understand the complaints on Facebook and the request to increase the Champions League size. Although from Starwindz I do understand some things are very very hard to change in de SWOS code.

So as I understand it now, there is a 2 club limitation for England to enter the Champions League in SWOS. Is there an editor I could use to manually change the database locally, and swap out Manchester City for Liverpool (or a team from a competition of a different country, e.g. with the lowest skill points)? It would still not mirror reality, then again this is currently also not the case (although I do appreaciate the SWOS2020 development team trying its best to approach reality, and selecting the 1st of the PL and the CL winner is then the right way to go).
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by captaincofresi. Reason: typo

More
1 year 11 months ago #145945 by Playaveli
It is not a 2 club limitation. It's a 1 club limitation, as it should be and as it was in the past. Only Champions should be eligible.
England has 2 clubs this season because Chelsea are CL title defenders.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds