Team database - bug reports

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #144364 by Playaveli

(3) In the Database browser the acronyms Sh and Bc are very confusing, S is normally used to indicate speed and B is not an indication at all in the letters behind the names in Sensi. To figure out what they meant I had to go to the following website: swos.gazchap.com/ , since those acronyms make much more sense: Ve (Velocity) and Co (Control) , since those are also the letters Sensi uses when showing the three top stats behing the name. Also nice to see on the website that you get tooltips with the whole words, would also be nice in to have in the Database browser.

You play it long enough to not be confused with that, since you know that V = shooting and C = ball control.

What do you mean by tooltips with the whole words? Explain more detailed. I attached a screenshot showing that we use whole words, too. Check it out.

(2) The user Synchronated pointed out that in Sensi 451 is actually a modern 433 in real life. Therefore I am surprised that there are still teams with a 433 formations in the latest team update. Is there a special reason for this?

Only because a user points something out does not mean he is 100% right, or it's straight forward logic. So why would it surprise you that we still use 4-3-3 for teams?
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Playaveli.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #144370 by captaincofresi

(3) In the Database browser the acronyms Sh and Bc are very confusing, S is normally used to indicate speed and B is not an indication at all in the letters behind the names in Sensi. To figure out what they meant I had to go to the following website: swos.gazchap.com/ , since those acronyms make much more sense: Ve (Velocity) and Co (Control) , since those are also the letters Sensi uses when showing the three top stats behing the name. Also nice to see on the website that you get tooltips with the whole words, would also be nice in to have in the Database browser.

You play it long enough to not be confused with that, since you know that V = shooting and C = ball control.

What do you mean by tooltips with the whole words? Explain more detailed. I attached a screenshot showing that we use whole words, too. Check it out.

Well, I consider Finishing to be Shooting and Velocity a Hard shot or Distance Shot. So that is where my confusion was, different interpretation. And you are partly right, Bc / C / ball control, was easier to figure out for me, as being a longtime player. At least it is easy enough to figure out once you have that website, since the columns do matchs up. I just mention it, because for new players it might be better to be consistent with all the terms. Then again, it might be a lot of work and then I can imagine it is not worth the effort ;-). As for the tooltips, on a webiste you get tooltips on 'mouse hover' with the complete word of the acronym, that is what I mean by tooltips. You do not get those when hovering on the tabs with the acronyms in the Database browser.

As for 433, you're right, it's only one user from who I heard this. Let me elaborate on how I came to the idea that 433 would not be used. In SWOS2020, from the first release, I did see a lot of the teams that in real life use 433, have been given 451 formations in SWOS2020 in the English Premier league. Then I mentioned this here as being an error and they all should be fixed, then it was pointed out to me that a 'long time editor' of the teams (synchronated), so for me this was not just 'any user', that this was because a real life modern 433 is ingame actually 451. So I thought this would be the rule for editting teams, and am just glad that in the English Premier League there is just one 433 team remaning, making it more of a challenge. Then again, now I know from you that it is not a given rule and it is more complicated then just giving all real life 433 teams the 451 formation.

So how does it work then, because I understand it is not a given rule, so what else is considered when choosing a formation for a team when editting?
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by captaincofresi.

More
3 years 3 months ago #144377 by adrianozzo
I think Arthur Melo in Juventus is better known as Arthur

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #144386 by Gorzo
Replied by Gorzo on topic Team database - bug reports
There is no hard rule as to which tactic to choose, most today prefer 4231 or 433 but when the season is just beginning and we have many leagues to edit, we try to select players for positions according to price and we have a tactic designed :)
leagues like Belgium, England, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Spain or Turkey we can make some corrections if we have a time. Coming back to FIFA, you will also find there a players in the stronger leagues who played, for example, 500 minutes in all season and is in the first line up :D
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Gorzo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
3 years 3 months ago #144387 by captaincofresi

There is no hard rule as to which tactic to choose, most today prefer 4231 or 433 but when the season is just beginning and we have many leagues to edit, we try to select players for positions according to price and we have a tactic designed :)
leagues like Belgium, England, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Spain or Turkey we can make some corrections if we have a time. Coming back to FIFA, you will also find there a players in the stronger leagues who played, for example, 500 minutes in all season and is in the first line up :D

Thanks for the insight on the team updates, all in all it's just a very great job you all did with the team updates. I know it is a lot of work and you can't please everybody. And with having played 11 career seasons in the English Premier League in SWOS2020 I can say, it's just a great game :-) that I keep coming back to.

As for FIFA, I haven't played that game since 1998, later versions just got overcomplicated for my taste. It's a good thing there is a up-tempo remake of FIFA98 coming, called Sociable Soccer. On Apple Arcade I have tested a couple of versions of the game, and the development looks like it is heading in the right direction for when it gets to PC / Consoles.

More
3 years 3 months ago #144394 by adrianozzo
I just completed a season with Juventus, and half of the matches the team had the orange kit, that actually is the third kit. The away kit would be dark blue+white. Thanks guys for your efforts

More
3 years 3 months ago #144395 by Playaveli
We choose the third kit, to avoid similarities. Orange is better contrast to white-black home kit.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #144396 by Synchronated
Playa, it does surprise me that SWOS 4-3-3 is still used for any teams, since no team in real life has ever lined up with a formation with just one midfielder, 2 wingers and 3 strikers (RW-M-LW-A-A-A). It's not an accurate version of any past or current team; the SWOS 4-3-3 is clearly a mistake/miconception. It gives any real 433 team 4 players totally out of position (two of the central midfielders on the wings and the two wingers in central attack). The depiction of a midfield 3 as RW-M-LW in SWOS 4-3-3 and 5-3-2 is why e.g. Patrick Vieira is forced to incorrectly be a RW in SWOS data (and hundreds of others) and why modern 451/433 teams are forced to use a formation that works much better (4-5-1 or 4-2-4 depending on players). The 4-3-3 would even put the likes of 2009 Xavi on the wing (since Busquets would be the M).

Similarly the [default] 5-x-x formations in SWOS are crazy/useless to depict any real team formation, because 2 of the centre backs are bizarrely further forward than the wing backs. Thankfully for those the 3-x-x stuff still exists (although the original data labeling a back 3 as RB-D-LB was also awkward or incorrect and results in e.g. RB Jurgen Kohler).

I guess this can all be mitigated by improving the formations using edited versions of them; that won't correct it for anyone using the default formations though. I would prefer to edit the 451 to make the wingers attack more and keep the default data accurate wherever possible.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Synchronated.

More
3 years 3 months ago #144397 by Playaveli
Everyone can edit tactics at their convenience.

And if somebody dislikes the Standard CPU tactics, there is always Mozg‘s advanced cpu tactics included (selectable in game launcher).

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #144398 by Synchronated
Yes of course, but having CPU teams playing 4 of their players out of position all the time, and having the player positions be labelled wrongly in your squad, in transfer markets etc. (making it ineffective to rearrange your team or buy/sell them) you can only fix by going into the data and changing it. Which actually takes quite a while per team to change between those formations (if you just change the team tactic 433 to 451, not only will any wrong position labels remain but the central midfielders still think they are wingers and will move to the wings, while the 2 wingers playing at central attack will become central midfielders)

I don't know if Mozg tactics fixes the 4-3-3 or 5-x-x stuff at all (if it does, great) but it won't relabel the affected players.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Synchronated.

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds