Team database - bug reports

More
3 years 10 months ago #143680 by Kanchelskis
I never understood why Sensisoft put 4 (4!) divisions in El Salvador and 3 in Australia and New Zealand rather than adding third italian or german level. I mean, australian and newzelander lower division don't even exist, they are semipro and there are no promotions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #143681 by Sebatosh
it's also part of the vision behind World of Soccer, right? Not just focusing on the popular leagues, but yes, including El Salvador (and I think doing multiple divisions was part of an elaborate joke by Sensible Software), making the game accessible for anyone around the globe... in my opinion we should expand on that, make it even more inclusive, adding more minor league countries, and yes, maybe adding lower leagues in the popular countries while skipping them in countries like NZL.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Sebatosh. Reason: El Salvador is heritage I guess...

More
3 years 10 months ago #143682 by Kanchelskis
Yeah fine, but I think that for New Zealand would had been fine the only existing league and not 3 fake leagues, saving spots for other leagues :P

More
3 years 10 months ago #143683 by Sebatosh
yesss, I agree with that... for the next update I would prefer researching other leagues than the regional ones in NZL (Premiership should be included)... Australia I'm not too sure about, since it is fun to play the FFA Cup with a small team like Wollongong Wolves and beat mighty clubs like Sydney FC or Perth Glory...

PS. they're not really fake leagues in NZL, the following are included:
- Premier = ISPS Handa Premiership
- North Island = Top 5 from the Lotto Sport Italia NRFL Premier and Central Premier League
- South Island = Top 5 from the Mainland Premier League and FootballSouth Premier League
Unfortunately the names of the leagues aren't adjusted in this 2020-version...

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #143684 by Rock and Roll
Exactly. Some people like playing those leagues, and it's World of Soccer not World of Commercial Soccer. I researched El Salvador, Australia and New Zealand for 16/17 (thank heavens Sebatosh took over those last two for 2020 :) ). Professional or not, this is how football is in these countries. For El Salvador the main leagues are the Primera, Segunda A and B, and the Tercera Occidente / Orientale A and B. Semi professional yes, but they are proper leagues in this country and the show the full soccer semi-professional pyramid. I can't remember exactly how Australia was around 96/97 but I remember in England we always saw the results from the different Australian leagues in the newspapers in the English off-season. I think they went up to division 8 or something then. The three countries you name are three which could do with proper names and league structure in the next massive update, and three I believe should be there due to swos folklore. Isn't Once Lobos part of our swos history here? Hopefully we can add more countries in the next update, not replace them.

The one league which was changed was Taiwan to China. Taiwan was near impossible to research last time (though they had some fantastic coaches!), and we know how much football in China has changed since 96/97.

To be honest, I really only play these kind of leagues because the big leagues aren't really a challenge with the players they have (that or I have to sell all well-known players...). One of the coolest things about swos, the amount of leagues and the different kind of leagues pose umpteen different challenges for players of all skills. Maybe we should put these leagues we've been hearing about in Corona time like Tuvalu :D.

But I think these kind of discussions, however useful and interesting, should be in a different topic because they aren't bugs. Back to bug reporting guys!
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Rock and Roll.

More
3 years 10 months ago #143685 by Kanchelskis
Yeah you're right.
I just highlighted a (sort of) bug: you have to play with a Reserves Team in Career Mode if you have a second tier national team to coach. Forget Hysaj or McGoldrick if you coach Albania or Ireland, despite they are in the starting line up usually.

That's all. ;)

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #143686 by Playaveli

Team Names
Ziechtenstein (Europe) should be fixed from Ziehctenstein to Liechtenstein. (I mean, seriously. :lol: )

Player names or nationalities
Arturo Vidal on FC Barcelona (ESP) should be fixed from CHN to CHL.
Edison Bilbao on Gudja United (MLT) should be fixed from CHN to CHL.
Cyriel Dessers on Heracles Almelo (HOL) should be fixed from BEL to NIG.
Aaron Appindagoye on Sivasspor (TUR) should be named Aaron Appindangoye.
Adolfo Hirsh on San Marino (Europe) should be named Adolfo Hirsch.
Andreja Afremov on Vllaznia Shkoder (ALB) should be fixed from MOL to MAC.
Arnor Ingvi Traustason on Malmo FF (SWE) should be fixed from SWE to ICE.
Augustine Mulenga on Orlando Pirates (SAF) should be fixed from SAF to ZAM.
Bradley Grobler on Supersport Utd (SAF) should be fixed from ZIM to SAF.
Butholezwe Ncube on Azamulu FC (SAF) should be fixed from SAF to ZIM.
Cedric Hountondji on Clermont (FRA) should be fixed from BEL to BEN.
Cengis Under on Turkey (Europe) should be named Cengiz Under.
Daan Klinkenberg on FC Inter Turku (FIN) should be fixed from FIN to HOL.
Daniel Akpeyi on Kaizer Chiefs (SAF) should be fixed from SAF to NIG.
Dean Furman on Supersport Utd (SAF) should be fixed from BOT to SAF.
Divine Lunga on Golden Arrows (SAF) should be fixed from SAF to ZIM.
Domingues on Bidvest Wits FC (SAF) should be fixed from SAF to MOZ.
Edmilson Dove on Cape Town City (SAF) should be fixed from GRE to MOZ.
Emmanuel Okwi on El Ittihad (EGY) should be fixed from EGY to UGA.
Eric Traore on Pyramids FC (EGY) should be fixed from EGY to BFS.
Fiston Abdul Razak on Enppi SC (EGY) should be fixed from EGY to BUR.
Gabadinho Mhango on Orlando Pirates (SAF) should be fixed from SAF to MLW.
Gilli Rolantsson on SK Brann (NOR) should be fixed from CUS to FAR.
Gunnar Nielsen on FH Hafnarfjordur (ICE) should be fixed from ICE to FAR.
Guram Kashia on San Jose Quakes (USA) should be fixed from CUS to GEO.

Duplicate players
Ahmed Hassan (EGY) is on Olympiakos (GRE) and also on Sporting Braga B (POR), apparently contracted by Braga, but on loan at Olympiakos from Jan 2020 through Jun 2020.
Andreja Afremov is on Vllaznia Shkoder (ALB) and also on Lokomotiv Sofia (BUL), apparently left Levski in Jan 2019, but joined Vllaznia in Jan 2020.
Daan Klinkenberg is on Aalesunds FK (NOR) and also on FC Inter Turku (FIN), he transferred in Jan 2020 from FC Inter to Aalesund.
Daniel Carrico is on Sevilla (ESP) and also on Wuhan Zall (CHN), he transferred in Feb 2020 from Sevilla to WH Zall.
Ervin Tjon-a-Loi is on SV Transvaal (SUR) and also on West United (SUR), I could only find him leaving Transvaal in Jan 2019 to an unknown club.
German Conti is on Atlas (MEX) and also on Benfica B (POR), he's at Atlas on loan from Benfica since Jan 2020 through Dec 2020.

All fixed except the two B team ones (non league clubs, not worth bothering right now). Thanks for this great research.

@Sebatosh: Fixed Quatar! Thanks.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Playaveli.

More
3 years 9 months ago #143695 by Carlo
Replied by Carlo on topic Team database - bug reports
In Estonia, all players of team JK Tammeka are listed as Albanians, but they are all Estonians instead, apart from #2 Slashchev and #4 Dudarev that are Russian.
In Latvia:
in FK Ventspils #3 #6 #8 #13, are all GEO instead of CUS
in FK Liepaja #Ivanov is BLS instead of CUS
in FK Riga, #10 Mbombo and #11 N'Kololo are both ZAI instead of CUS
in FK RFS, #8 Babichev is BLS instead fo CUS, and #9 Bibenyimana is black skin instead of white skin
in FK Tukums, #3 Kruk #6 Kovalev and #6 Kozel are all BLS instead of CUS
in Valmiera FC, #13 Kudu is black skin instead of white skin, and #14 Silagadze is GEO instead of CUS

In Turkey:
Team listed as Gazisehir FK should be renamed Gaziantep SK; in this team, #12 Yilmaz is TUR instead of RUS
in Kasimpasa, #2 Hadergjonaj is CUS instead of SRB (as he is from Kosovo), and #15 Ndongala is ZAI instead of CON
in Trabzonspor #16 Caleb Ekuban is GHA instead of SEN
in Yeni Malatyasport, #9 Acquah's name is Afriyie instead of Afriye

In Asia national teams, all Papua NG players should be black skin apart from #11 David Browne (the only white skinned).

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #143696 by Playaveli

In Estonia, all players of team JK Tammeka are listed as Albanians, but they are all Estonians instead, apart from #2 Slashchev and #4 Dudarev that are Russian.
In Latvia:
in FK Ventspils #3 #6 #8 #13, are all GEO instead of CUS
in FK Liepaja #Ivanov is BLS instead of CUS
in FK Riga, #10 Mbombo and #11 N'Kololo are both ZAI instead of CUS
in FK RFS, #8 Babichev is BLS instead fo CUS, and #9 Bibenyimana is black skin instead of white skin
in FK Tukums, #3 Kruk #6 Kovalev and #6 Kozel are all BLS instead of CUS
in Valmiera FC, #13 Kudu is black skin instead of white skin, and #14 Silagadze is GEO instead of CUS

In Turkey:
Team listed as Gazisehir FK should be renamed Gaziantep SK; in this team, #12 Yilmaz is TUR instead of RUS
in Kasimpasa, #2 Hadergjonaj is CUS instead of SRB (as he is from Kosovo), and #15 Ndongala is ZAI instead of CON
in Trabzonspor #16 Caleb Ekuban is GHA instead of SEN
in Yeni Malatyasport, #9 Acquah's name is Afriyie instead of Afriye

In Asia national teams, all Papua NG players should be black skin apart from #11 David Browne (the only white skinned).

Excellent bug report! Corrected everything! Thanks!
Perform auto-update through game launcher.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Playaveli.

More
3 years 9 months ago #143697 by Francescomanetti82
Hello, i have noticed that in Watford FC (English Premier League) Troy Deeney is not available. He is a main player for that this team, it could be nice to insert him in the roster :-) Normally i see that Watford put him in the first 11, during the matches, so he is a permanent player.
Cheers,

Francesco

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds