SWOS 2020 - bug reports

More
1 year 2 months ago #146401 by CrimsonCorsair9
I think I may have identified the problem with the scorer names changing. Both appear to have the number 16, so that is probably the issue there. I think that is a problem at my end.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #146402 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports

I think I may have identified the problem with the scorer names changing. Both appear to have the number 16, so that is probably the issue there. I think that is a problem at my end.

Which database and team are you playing with?

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #146404 by CrimsonCorsair9
The version I used within the career was fairly recent (career commenced 23/12/22, but not the most recent version), but I did tweak a couple of inaccuracies prior to starting my career. I did not have the duplicate number issue in season 1 though. The team used is Dundee United. I may have to start from scratch to avoid any other issues, which is not a huge problem.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by CrimsonCorsair9.

More
1 year 2 months ago #146429 by crom1
Replied by crom1 on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports
If you pretend that the game is the same, the same, the same, it will never be. It's like when you play on lan , the game changes. it is similar ? Yeah! . but it will never be the same. Enjoy what you have, things can be polished, yes, but don't look for an exact copy.

Now I give my opinion after having played a lot.

1. The goalkeepers have a lot to improve. They eat the goals from outside which is nice. When you hang the ball and it goes to the center of the goal, half the time it's a goal or it bounces. both in aswoss and in swoss offline the goalkeepers responded correctly by stopping these balls and when they were a goal it was because it was "a laughing goal". Now the "goals of laughter" are more common than one might want.

2. The biggest problem for me. Many say that the goal rate has risen a lot, and I think I understand why it is:
The players (usually defense) do not respond or take a long time to respond to be active, let me explain...

ball that passes the midfield and you see your defenses that can come out to press and as you did in the other versions you press the shoot button many times to activate these players. It does not do so in many cases, causing infinite ease for goals from long shots. No matter how long you press the fire button, it doesn't change the player until he is very close to the opponent. This is very frustrating for me, they don't stop scoring goals because I try to go out to cover the goal from distance, or the possible pass and the damn player doesn't activate.

For the rest I love it.

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #146430 by Playaveli

If you pretend that the game is the same, the same, the same, it will never be. It's like when you play on lan , the game changes. it is similar ? Yeah! . but it will never be the same. Enjoy what you have, things can be polished, yes, but don't look for an exact copy.

You are very right!
Of course it's not the same. ASWOS is not the same as playing on an original AMIGA either. It's emulation, with an outdated emulator from 2002, that adds unnatural input delay, not just online but also offline!! (Yes, Winuaexp is 20 years old!!)

SWOS 2020 (and later versions, there is more to come) takes a different approach. It's not emulating, it's recreating. And we try our best to recreate the original game (and if you ask me, we are damn close, if only a handful of die-hards are noticing bugs or differences.), and spice it up with add-ons that will attract new players (so far, that plan came together nicely).

People who look for "the same", here is my advice: Save money, buy an AMIGA!

1. The goalkeepers have a lot to improve. They eat the goals from outside which is nice. When you hang the ball and it goes to the center of the goal, half the time it's a goal or it bounces. both in aswoss and in swoss offline the goalkeepers responded correctly by stopping these balls and when they were a goal it was because it was "a laughing goal". Now the "goals of laughter" are more common than one might want.

Please record a video for this kind of goal. I'm not sure which one you are talking about. Record video on both, ASWOS and SWOS 2020, so it's easy to compare. Thanks.

2. The biggest problem for me. Many say that the goal rate has risen a lot, and I think I understand why it is:
The players (usually defense) do not respond or take a long time to respond to be active, let me explain...

ball that passes the midfield and you see your defenses that can come out to press and as you did in the other versions you press the shoot button many times to activate these players. It does not do so in many cases, causing infinite ease for goals from long shots. No matter how long you press the fire button, it doesn't change the player until he is very close to the opponent. This is very frustrating for me, they don't stop scoring goals because I try to go out to cover the goal from distance, or the possible pass and the damn player doesn't activate.

That's interesting because I feel the exact opposite. Player activation seems to go a lot faster because widescreen shows more of the pitch, so you see these players earlier.
Again, could you record videos of ASWOS and SWOS 2020, to showcase your opinion? I would like to see which player you cannot activate.

Thanks for your feedback, crom1!

For the rest I love it.

That sounds nice! :)
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Playaveli.

More
1 year 2 months ago #146445 by Playaveli

I agree along with others, it seems that the behavior of the keepers are kind of weird. At least for Amiga online. Needs some tweaking if possible.

We are constantly monitoring reports and I try to reproduce any issues on ASWOS. And guess what... I could reproduce the keeper leaving his goal. Will send you a video on Discord.

I enjoy many of the features of Swos 2020, but one thing I don't like is the forced resolution to widescreen. I really hope that this can be altered in future versions. Props for trying out new stuff, but the gameplay feeling is completely off for me in this mode. I still prefer original Amiga/Dos resolutions over the new, mostly as the game feels more intense in the original format. If it is only a matter of minimizing desynchs, at least let the players decide if they want to play wide or original resolutions as long as both agrees. If they don't, then yes it is a problem, and will be hard to choose as a ruleset, if one player prefers one format over the other. I don't want to divide the community more than it already is (PC/AMIGA/XBOX versions) I like all editions of Swos.

I am trying to differentiate here. So, you are talking about "gameplay being off", but from your next sentence I get it that you talk about your personal preference of viewing the game in a smaller window. So the gameplay is the same, just a different feel. Is that what you are trying to say?

I don't think this will divide the community. In the long run, it will make our community grow.
Ideally, everybody should be able to choose screen resolution independtly, I agree. But as long as this doesn't work, widescreen by default makes sense in 2023, especially if we are looking to attract new players.

On a personal note: I do enjoy widescreen play much more than original. It's such a joy to view more of the field for me, and anticipate moves and passes 2-3 steps ahead because you can spot unmarked players.

This next part is not so much about Swos 2020. For general performance I still have some issues even offline doesn't matter if it is Aswos or 2020. I have tried many nvidia and monitor hz settings for optimizing gameplay feeling. I run a 144hz gaming monitor using displayport to gtx 970. Should be more than enough for smooth gameplay, but it doesn't seem so. In example i tried lowering monitor hz to 100 playing amiga at 50hz, but this seems to cause small "slow downs" or lags. The best performance I can get is PC Swos (2020) @ 70 fps on 144 monitor hz.
Having played too much on Crt screens in the past plus xp/win 7, it really bothers me than the more modern hardware I get, the worse the performance gets (further away from offline experience)...

I know what you mean. Although it runs fine on my monitor right now, future versions should be much smoother to play on any monitor, with enhencements in place.

Thanks for your detailed feedback.

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #146459 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports
For those having Swos 2020 performance issues like me, I just want to forward the following steps. This has helped me a lot. Thx to the team.

I guess the Gpu filter wont work on every pc, but should be defaulted, rather than software.
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Playaveli.

More
1 year 2 months ago #146460 by Playaveli
That's cool! Glad it helped. OpenGL should work on all PCs. If not it's mostly a driver problem (no latest drivers installed).

More
1 year 1 month ago #146497 by Gosen
Replied by Gosen on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports
So now I can't play career, because after first game I always have the same bug. Quick access for replay - continue - Swos port has stopped working.

More
1 year 1 month ago #146498 by Playaveli

So now I can't play career, because after first game I always have the same bug. Quick access for replay - continue - Swos port has stopped working.

Can you go to OPTIONS / GAMEPLAY and turn OFF the Quick Access Menu, then try again.

What happens?

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds