SWOS 2020 - bug reports

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #145623 by starwindz
Replied by starwindz on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports

I still don't understand what you wait for. You can play instantly. So if you decide to wait, that's your decision, but has nothing to do with instant game functionality. The animation will stay as is. The three little pixel guys deserve to be there and get their 5.5 seconds (!!!) of fame.

Okay, I know it is hard to understand. Due to a form of autism I have, this animation feels like being stung by bees in my brain. As I can not filter out this animation and the game does not allow me to skip it (as when you go quickly through the menus, it keeps popping up). So that is why after three tries I noticed I starting hating starting the version 3.0 and starting hating my beloved game. That is why I am very dissapointed that this animation stays in. I still love the game, I just no longer like the way SWOS2020 is developed now from version 3.0 and up.

So for me, it is choosing between two bad things, the 3.0 version (that keeps getting updates) with the animation OR the 2.4.1 version (that won't have any updates, except for the database) where my brain does not get fried due to bees stinging in there. Then I choose the latter.

next update would have an option to disable the main menu animation (it would take some time)
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by starwindz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi, chaoz2eyez

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #145624 by starwindz

Well for v3.0, now found a couple of bugs:

- Pressing H at the end of the match always crashes the game. Happened for me on both the CL 2005 challenge and a match during a DIY tournament with Liverpool.
- After opponents goal, on kick-off, the pass-back is no longer working. Only on start kick-off and halftime kick-off.
- On View Highlights - players appear out of nowhere / dissapear a lot. On default 1.0 speed forward, when there is no change in speed / direction. And also on all other settings. Seems to be a general bug, not related to speed or direction.

- Pressing H at the end of the match always crashes the game. Happened for me on both the CL 2005 challenge and a match during a DIY tournament with Liverpool
=> latest update fixed this issue

- After opponents goal, on kick-off, the pass-back is no longer working. Only on start kick-off and halftime kick-off.
=> will be checked out

- On View Highlights - players appear out of nowhere / dissapear a lot. On default 1.0 speed forward, when there is no change in speed / direction. And also on all other settings. Seems to be a general bug, not related to speed or direction
=> can you be more specific using some kind of recorded video? little bit confused

More
2 years 4 months ago #145625 by captaincofresi

Well for v3.0, now found a couple of bugs:

- Pressing H at the end of the match always crashes the game. Happened for me on both the CL 2005 challenge and a match during a DIY tournament with Liverpool.
- On View Highlights - players appear out of nowhere / dissapear a lot. On default 1.0 speed forward, when there is no change in speed / direction. And also on all other settings. Seems to be a general bug, not related to speed or direction.

- Pressing H at the end of the match always crashes the game. Happened for me on both the CL 2005 challenge and a match during a DIY tournament with Liverpool
=> latest update fixed this issue

=> will be checked out

- On View Highlights - players appear out of nowhere / dissapear a lot. On default 1.0 speed forward, when there is no change in speed / direction. And also on all other settings. Seems to be a general bug, not related to speed or direction
=> can you be more specific using some kind of recorded video? little bit confused

=> can you be more specific using some kind of recorded video?
>> yes, here it is:

It is a Higlight saved in 2.4.1 (or earlier) and loaded in 3.0.7A .

More
2 years 4 months ago #145626 by Clovis62
Replied by Clovis62 on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports
Hi ! I ve used several options to find any solution before to post my report:
+ three tap with directions keys (up, up, up or down down down,
+ Use the 'O' key during a game
+ use back page Key or next page key

The bench always appears, but it is empty: no coach, no substitute, just the playground who is extended on the left . It was working with the previous release 2.xxx and blocked since 3.0.x

Thanks for your support.
Attachments:

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #145627 by starwindz

Hi ! I ve used several options to find any solution before to post my report:
+ three tap with directions keys (up, up, up or down down down,
+ Use the 'O' key during a game
+ use back page Key or next page key

The bench always appears, but it is empty: no coach, no substitute, just the playground who is extended on the left . It was working with the previous release 2.xxx and blocked since 3.0.x

Thanks for your support.

yes, this is the camera position bug of 3.0.x version in case of DOS and Amiga screen mode. will try to fix in the next version.
thanks for the info :)

More
2 years 4 months ago #145631 by starwindz

=> can you be more specific using some kind of recorded video?
>> yes, here it is:

It is a Higlight saved in 2.4.1 (or earlier) and loaded in 3.0.7A .

hmm... it looks I cannot reproduce this issue. can you share the highlight file you tested?

More
2 years 4 months ago #145632 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports

Okay, I know it is hard to understand. Due to a form of autism I have, this animation feels like being stung by bees in my brain.

I'm sorry about your autism, but this sounds ridiculous. How can you play this game with 22 pixel guys running around frantically for 3 mins or longer (with even advanced tactics etc), of 3 pixel guys for 5.5 seconds are too much for you?

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #145635 by captaincofresi

Okay, I know it is hard to understand. Due to a form of autism I have, this animation feels like being stung by bees in my brain.

I'm sorry about your autism, but this sounds ridiculous. How can you play this game with 22 pixel guys running around frantically for 3 mins or longer (with even advanced tactics etc), of 3 pixel guys for 5.5 seconds are too much for you?

Thanks for your response. First of all, don't be sorry, as I don't need pity. As with my form of autism I do get the the quality of creativity and patience to work on pixelart / pixel perfect pitches for SWOS2020. So there ar upsides and downsides to it, just like any other person has in their character. I just wanted to help you understand to see my point of view. And this appears to be a lot harder than I thought.

As I said before, I know it is hard to understand. The reason that I can play the game is because I am in CONTROL of the frantic players. It is only when there are sounds / animations etc. that I am NOT in CONTROL of that it will overload my brain, as those impressions can not be filtered. That is how it works for my form of autism. I hope this helps to explain it a bit better.

And I don't see any need to drag out this discussion, if after this you still find it ridiculous, I am okay with that.
And as Starwindz mentioned: "next update would have an option to disable the main menu animation (it would take some time)".

So I will just be patient and wait until that is done, before I switch to the 3.0+ version.
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by captaincofresi. Reason: removing attatchment - as the website did not upload all examples

More
2 years 4 months ago #145636 by captaincofresi
In 3.0.7A Players appear / dissaper at top/bottom half of screen (just tested it once, due to the strain the animation in the main menu is for me, so can test more later on, when there is the option to turn that off; as you said, this will take some time).

Starwindz: "hmm... it looks I cannot reproduce this issue. can you share the highlight file you tested? "

So yes, in the attatchment is the Highlights file. Here is some additional info on the settings I used:
Screen Mode: Widescreen.
Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 [v] Full Screen (on).
Attachments:

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #145637 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports

As I said before, I know it is hard to understand. The reason that I can play the game is because I am in CONTROL of the frantic players. It is only when there are sounds / animations etc. that I am NOT in CONTROL of that it will overload my brain, as those impressions can not be filtered. That is how it works for my form of autism. I hope this helps to explain it a bit better.

I still don't understand. You can control only one of the players, the other 19 !!! (minus 2 GKs) run around cpu controlled at all times, way more chaotic than those 3 guys (who run in a straight line to the same spot).
I'll just leave it at that.
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Playaveli.

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds