SWOS 2020 - bug reports

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #142527 by captaincofresi
Hi,

SOLVED

System info: I am using the SWOS 2020 Total Pack, in About it reads version 1.0.1 and I am running it in Windows 10 Pro.
In career mode, 'play match' does not show up. Even when all players are fit and ready to play.

Well, I changed around my team in career mode using the 'squad' button. So that my injured players are benched. When I then start a new match, the game does not show the 'play match' button, even though all the players in my formation are fit and ready to play. Why is that?

See the following image link for details:
Image link to SWOS no Play Match Button

EDIT1: Haven't played Career mode for very long, it seems you cannot have an Stongly Injured Player on the Bench if a fit player in Reserve is available. Maybe you cannot even have any Strongly Injured Player on the bench. But than you would not be able to play any matches, see the next example!!!

EDIT2: Well now I have an example with a Strong Injured Player + Red Card Ban, so cannot continue the Career (please note that when just choosing to play the English League I can continue with Injured Players benched), see this link for the bug in Career mode:
Image link to SWOS no Play Match Button due to Strong Injury + Red Card
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by captaincofresi. Reason: Please note: I am a newbie to Career mode, Reply of Aerofan fixed this issue. Didn't know that I could change the 17th reserve player by pressing the head to change it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #142530 by Specksynder
Replied by Specksynder on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports
Hi.
In career mode I select "Player-Coach" but I can't play, only watch the result.
Thank you

More
4 years 2 months ago #142532 by SoccerNinja
Replied by SoccerNinja on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports
Transfer list market is not working well. When I choose to search a player based on speed, passing, shooting, etc. nothing appears.
PS: I have been enjoying very much the game, but the normal difficulty is very easy. And on the expert difficulty I just lost 3 players with long injuries in the same match and had to use 3 players on loan, because I had no more players available. I didn’t liked that.

More
4 years 2 months ago #142539 by aerofan
Replied by aerofan on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports

Hi,

System info: I am using the SWOS 2020 Total Pack, in About it reads version 1.0.0 and I am running it in Windows 10 Pro.
In career mode, 'play match' does not show up. Even when all players are fit and ready to play.

Well, I changed around my team in career mode using the 'squad' button. So that my injured players are benched. When I then start a new match, the game does not show the 'play match' button, even though all the players in my formation are fit and ready to play. Why is that?

See the following image link for details:
Image link to SWOS no Play Match Button

EDIT1: Haven't played Career mode for very long, it seems you cannot have an Stongly Injured Player on the Bench if a fit player in Reserve is available. Maybe you cannot even have any Strongly Injured Player on the bench. But than you would not be able to play any matches, see the next example!!!

EDIT2: Well now I have an example with a Strong Injured Player + Red Card Ban, so cannot continue the Career (please note that when just choosing to play the English League I can continue with Injured Players benched), see this link for the bug in Career mode:
Image link to SWOS no Play Match Button due to Strong Injury + Red Card

Additional: turning off music beforehand in the SWOS 2020 Total Pack Menu does not work, but I believe Starwindz already mentioned to me that there are issues with the sound at the moment with the Total Pack.

In career mode all your 11+5 player must be available to play.

In EDIT2 case you have to click on the 17th player head (the 1 day injured icon, in this example) and switch to another player.
So you can substitute the squalified one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
4 years 2 months ago #142540 by captaincofresi
Thanks Aerofan, I am a newbie when it comes to Career mode. So thanks for the tip. I was just missing knowledge of that feature to press the 17th players head to change it. Then it is possible to create a complete available team of 11 + 5 for the matches.

More
4 years 2 months ago #142543 by Hellraiser76
Well i finally had some time to play around with SWOS 2020....first of all congrats to everybody for an amazing work!

After a couple of matches in career mode i found out some bugs...

1.The transfer list as already suggested doesnt work when you specify to search for a player based upon a specific skill

2.When tried to play around with tactics i encountered a bizzare bug where the number 5 would turn to number 8 so basically i had two players with number 8 in my starting 11.

More
4 years 2 months ago #142544 by adrianozzo
Replied by adrianozzo on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports

Clean installation of swos 2020 total pack + Update 1.0.1 on win 7 64bit:

Launching game results into "List index out of bounds (1)", error.

Clicking OK, results into "LstSetting.ItemIndex <0:, error

Sensi fonts of game's Launcher are messy (offset/some letters of words misplaced or not appearing at all/hard to read).

Launching the game results into: "Unable to write to C:\Games\SWOS 2020 Total Pack\ini\"

Restarting the computer, doesn't affect the behavior. Uninstalling and launching the game v. 1.0.0. has same behavior. Doing the resetfont.exe doesn't affect the misbehavior. I am not able to enter the game at all.

you picked the wrong file. try this: www.mediafire.com/file/k7dke2n1lblidsp/s...1.0.1.setup.exe/file

More
4 years 2 months ago #142568 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports

Hello,
first of all congratulations for this massive work, a true masterpiece!

Unfortunately I have many many issues with SWOS 2020 and I can't play it. Here's the list:

1) Bought SWOS '96/'97 on GOG and installed it
2) Downloaded SWOS total pack for Windows (im using WIN10) and installed it, here it comes the first problem:
a) I'm using Avira AV, it detects many files as trojans in that pack. I had to disable it in order to continue the installation. No good.

3) When the installation finally finshed, I launched the game: here it comes the second problem
b) I can't play with my old joystick. It's a Suzo Prof Competition I'm using thanks to an USB adapter. When I launch the game and I enter the control settings page, the adapter is detected but moving my stick on any direction doesn't produce any response. The only thing working is the fire button. I then downloaded "JoyToKey" and, apart the difficulty on setting it, it wasn't really helpful on solving this issue. I then tried to see it this problem was related to SWOS 2020 or SWOS '96/'97 and indeed it didn't work with this last one either, so I THINK it's a problem related to GOG not getting proper instructions for using different old devices. I tried to uninstall everything to make a clean re-install and this produced the following..
c) I can't delete ANYTHING: I'm able to uninstall both SWOS '96/'97 and SWOS 2020 BUT I can't delete the total pack file (512MB) because of permission issues (???). I tried everything suggested from the web but simply I can't access the file.

I'd really like to play your version because, as stated above, it's magnificent and it isn't really the money spent for SWOS (1,39€!!!) and I hope you can give me some suggestions for solving all these issues.

Thanks in advance.

Contact me on Discord! Can help with everything on teamviewer. Should be easy.
Just forget about that virus warning. Put on ignore list.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rico

More
4 years 2 months ago #142570 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic SWOS 2020 - bug reports

Transfer list market is not working well. When I choose to search a player based on speed, passing, shooting, etc. nothing appears.
PS: I have been enjoying very much the game, but the normal difficulty is very easy. And on the expert difficulty I just lost 3 players with long injuries in the same match and had to use 3 players on loan, because I had no more players available. I didn’t liked that.

There might be a problem with the POOLPLYR.DAT file. Thanks for reporting.

As for the injuries... bad luck I guess, if you play expert you better be ready for some challange! :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: SoccerNinja

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #142591 by captaincofresi
Version SWOS 2020 Total Pack: 1.0.1.
Play mode: Amiga, Expert.
Version Aswos: Latest with the 2020 update.

When I load Mycareer where in the Options the Music is turned Off, the Music is still playing.
Only when turning it on and off again, it's off.

EDIT: Tested it some more and discovered that it only happens if the Intro Music has finished and the Menu Music has just started. So if I am quick enough to load Mycareer when the Intro Music is playing, the Menu Music is off. Also if you load a Career with the Menu Music on, it stays on when you are quick enough to load it. So it looks like it acts normal when the Intro Music is still playing, but not after the Menu Music has just started.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by captaincofresi. Reason: Added Play mode.

Time to create page: 0.878 seconds