Last active player that is in SWOS 96/97?

More
13 years 3 months ago #94003 by dimetrodon
Great!
Yes, that was my second plan. First I tried to find all the players from our current home league (not only Hungarians but active now in Hungary) , but will continue with this. You have listed these players, and I thought the Hungarian League isn t very popular abroad (maybe only in Malta ;) ), and I love our league, so I started with this :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #94014 by dimetrodon
(I made a small correction, one player added to my previuos post about NB I s active players.)

MIJB#19 have gave me the inspiration, here is the list of Hungarian players form SWOS still playing abroad. I have found many players who playing in lower leagues (mostly in Austrian state leagues, especially in Buregnland s because of it is so close from Hungary) but I only included players from leagues which we can find in SWOS. I made one exeption (Bukrán) explanation will follow later. Interestingly I only found 5 players. It means most of the players came back to his homeland after a while. All the 5 player was playing in Hungary in SWOS.

GABOR BABOS G 180k MTK = NEC Nijmegen Eredivisie (NED) 1.5M 36yo
SZABOLCS SAFAR G 110k VASAS = FK Austria Wien Bundesliga (AUT) 500k 36yo
CSABA FEHER D 100k PECSI MSC = NAC Breda Eredivisie (NED) 700k 35yo (RW)
GABOR KIRALY G 110k HALADAS = TSV 1860 München 2.Bundesliga (GER) 1.25M 34yo
PAL DARDAI M 100k PECSI MSC = Hertha BSC 2.Bundesliga (GER) 750k 34yo
ZOLTAN BUKSZEGI LW 350k BVSC = Vikingur Gota Formuladeildin (FAR) 300k 34yo (A)
+
GABOR BUKRAN RW 950k CHARLEROI = UR Namur Derde Klasse B (BEL) 150k 35yo (M)

More
13 years 3 months ago #94015 by dimetrodon
(Bukrán s data is not up to date at transfermarkt, he playing in another club in the same league: RJS Heppignies)

Bukrán Gábor is an intriguing player for me. He is the real SWOS-player in my eyes. He went Charleroi when he was only 16 yo. So he never debut in Hungarian NB I. Never played (as an adult) in any Hungarian teams. Almost nobody did know him in 96-97. But in SWOS he was the 2nd most expensive, and maybe the best Hungarian player in SWOS. :) I played PC-SWOS then, so I discovered him, and I was surprised. He played not only in Belgium but after Spain and England (and Austria and again in Belgium where he lives now), quite typical: he have an English and a Francais Wikipedia page but not Hungarian.

In 2000 he was selected to the Hungarian national squad (to starting line-up) in a friendly vs. Australia. Everybody asked: Who is Bukrán? (Mostly like this: Who the f**k is that Bukrán?) I was very happy! I knew we found a hidden gem. I can not know what was the real level of him that night, because of SWOS I was so biased. He played quite well (played full time). But the match was a disaster, it was 0-3 for the Aussies. Every body said: What do we want with these Bukráns? It was not against him, but he was never played for Hungary again (so it was his only match in Hungary as an adult).

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #94016 by dimetrodon
I only have one thing left: The not Hungarian players who played in NB I in SWOS, and are still active! I will hardly find any... But I am checking all.

And have not found a single player. Only one Romanian-Hungarian player who play in Austrian state league at 40 yo, plus the famous Robert Warzycha who is now coach of Columbus Crew in MLS. The reasons are simple: There were only less than 40 foreign player in the NB I then, and typically not the youngest player came to Hungary abroad (especially then: it was very usual that just the oldest players went abroad.)

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #94067 by dimetrodon
I missed Sáfár out from the list because of his dual nationality (silly transfermarkt). Modified.

More
13 years 3 months ago #94221 by MIJB#19

(Bukrán s data is not up to date at transfermarkt, he playing in another club in the same league: RJS Heppignies)

Bukrán Gábor is an intriguing player for me. He is the real SWOS-player in my eyes. He went Charleroi when he was only 16 yo. So he never debut in Hungarian NB I. Never played (as an adult) in any Hungarian teams. Almost nobody did know him in 96-97. But in SWOS he was the 2nd most expensive, and maybe the best Hungarian player in SWOS. :) I played PC-SWOS then, so I discovered him, and I was surprised. He played not only in Belgium but after Spain and England (and Austria and again in Belgium where he lives now), quite typical: he have an English and a Francais Wikipedia page but not Hungarian.

In 2000 he was selected to the Hungarian national squad (to starting line-up) in a friendly vs. Australia. Everybody asked: Who is Bukrán? (Mostly like this: Who the f**k is that Bukrán?) I was very happy! I knew we found a hidden gem. I can not know what was the real level of him that night, because of SWOS I was so biased. He played quite well (played full time). But the match was a disaster, it was 0-3 for the Aussies. Every body said: What do we want with these Bukráns? It was not against him, but he was never played for Hungary again (so it was his only match in Hungary as an adult).

Awesome story. :D

More
13 years 3 months ago #94223 by Rock and Roll

More
13 years 3 months ago #94960 by Playaveli
Here is a nice list of currently active grandpas... :)

sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/fussball/interna...n-fussball-opas.html

Most of them are in SWOS 96/97!

More
13 years 3 months ago #94967 by xflea
nice overview

only 3 players not in SWOS database:
- Materazzi (was on loan from Perugia back then)
- Scholes (did not make it to SWOS Man UTD 16 squad)
- Krstajic (don t know why not in Partizan...)

More
13 years 3 months ago #94970 by dimetrodon

- Krstajic (don t know why not in Partizan...)

He played 6 games 95/96, so maybe he was not in the 16-man squad (according to SWOS). (Played 11 matches in 96/97 eventually .)

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds