Re: Synchronated Updates

More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #19990 by Synchronated
I have just uploaded the new update including MLS 2007.
There are 14 teams in the MLS on this update simply because SWOS doesn t work with 13... Montreal Impact (USL champions) are the guests.
The PC version now includes a fixed SWS.EXE just as the Amiga version includes a fixed SWOS2 file.

This will be the last update of 2006-07 season... there is no point putting up updates in the close season as there are too many transfers etc.
The next version should be early in 2007-08 probably with many more leagues, including Brazil league, which couldn t really be included yet as it doesn t kick off until this Saturday!

synchronated.110mb.com/updates.html

@Affers
If you use the SWS.EXE file which comes with the PC version of the newest update, which I didn t upload until after you posted, along with the newest data you *should* have no problems.
I cannot run the PC version of the game to test this file so if you do still have problems please email me about them at thecrazycoolestcat at hotmail dot com!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Affers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #19996 by Affers
Replied by Affers on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Thank you. That it wonderful.

I will test it and get back to you shortly. Although please do not use me as a yardstick on how successful it is, I am quite stupid!

More
16 years 10 months ago #19997 by Mancio10
Replied by Mancio10 on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Great update, Synchro! ;)

I m already looking forward to getting your next up-to-date for Brazilian league. Also hoping you ll give us some other little updates in the meanwhile, if you can. :) Say up-to-date surprise! :D

• Affers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #20003 by Affers
It s working fine for me initially. I m literally just a few games into a brand new game as manager of Birmingham City (by the way, Gary McSheffrey is way better than that ;) ) and it s fantastic.

I just wish I could do something about the sluggishness of the game. I ve looked around the forums and people don t seem to know how to do that.

Love playing SWOS with modern players at my club though. Thanks a lot. I appreciate the work you ve put in.

• Affers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #20004 by Affers
Updated for you : Game hanged on Mexican Division 1 (24 teams) at the end of my first season.

More
16 years 10 months ago #20011 by Synchronated
OK, that shouldn t happen... Mexico league is fine on Amiga version.

Can you try again (without playing matches if time is an issue) and see if it hangs on the same division? If it does, try the following:

Use SWOES to open the sws.exe and change the number of teams ( teams per league ) in Mexico 1st Division from 24 to 22... don t change anything else, just hit save ... then in the Mexico league change the bottom two teams (Mexiquense and Academicos) to non-league status so it matches the 22 teams in 1st Division... that should fix it.

The PC version might not like the fact that I ve added those teams... but then I ve added two teams to Scotland league and that didn t crash if you got as far as Mexico. Hmm.

• Affers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #20026 by Affers
I will try that today. I m at work until around midday UK time so expect it to be done around 2 PM. I ll get back to you then.

• Affers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #20040 by Affers
Hi mate,
I tried just a regular season again - the same result happened. I then tried what you said via SWOES and I had the same result although Mexico Div 1 did show just 22 teams.

Another problem I noticed is that the game crashed when I tried to select LA Galaxy as a starting team.

More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #20050 by Synchronated
In that case it looks like USA league is the problem (it s processed after Mexico)...
OK, put Mexico 1st Division back to 24 teams (and change the bottom two Mexican clubs to 1st Div status).
Now try setting USA league to *12* teams, not 14, and setting Montreal Impact and Toronto FC to non-league status so it matches the 12...

If this works for you I will implement this change in my update as it seems SWOS doesn t like USA league as it stands!

Both those leagues work fine on the Amiga version btw.

• Affers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #20051 by Affers
Okay, I am off out again now but I will do it when I return home in a few hours.

Thanks again for the work. I do feel like I cannot thank you enough!

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds