Re: Synchronated Updates

More
14 years 3 months ago #79190 by super_hoops1967
damn i can t remember what game it was lol :(

it was put in the J league i think. it had the 1967 celtic team, 1966 engershite team, busby babes etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #82092 by Synchronated
Yeah, not mine.

I am, however, currently working on a Legends database, which will be a full database. Since it s Legends , it doesn t require such intensive work as a comprehensive time-limited season update.

The principle is:
- most/all national teams to feature an all-time XI - this bit is already done
- clubs to feature their classic kits, most successful managers and a selection of their most successful players, clubs to be organised in historical context (so for example Reims, First Vienna and Dynamo Dresden will be top-flight)
- clubs will NOT be all-time XI as such, since I am distributing players so they can only play for one team, deliberately so that a full Legends career mode will work properly. So for example Preud Homme can only be at Benfica OR Mechelen but not both; the team ranking highest in IFFHS clubs of the 20th century taking first priority. But that s more or less what they ll be. Really massive clubs will also have B-teams in the division below
- so that there aren t too many amazing players for the game and career mode itself to work properly, players values have been applied with some context of historical significance, usually working out at about half what their prime SWOS value would have been; these conservative-ish values resulting in a balanced, playable Legends SWOS world
- smaller clubs that haven t been attended to yet will just have their regular SWOS stats, but these will eventually be replaced with appropriate Legends
- players are always labelled with their preferred position so you can build up and reshuffle your ultimate team properly and not with a Patrick Vieira who s a RW
- this database can be slowly refined over some period of time into something of a timeless data set that s just loads of fun to play with and won t really go out-of-date

I have done most big clubs already, hence: I ll be releasing a Beta version in a few weeks and hoping to get some help from you guys, making selections and players attributes more accurate! In the meantime, any more suggestions would be great.

(and yes, Jimmy Johnstone is in your team)

• chrisd
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 4 weeks ago #82219 by chrisd
Replied by chrisd on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
I ve downloaded the new World Cup Tems updateds and tried to save the files in the data folder, but get an error message - Cannot complete operation - disk is full

Any idea how i can free up space?

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #82253 by Bomb
Replied by Bomb on topic Re: Synchronated Updates

- clubs to feature their classic kits, most successful managers and a selection of their most successful players, clubs to be organised in historical context (so for example Reims, First Vienna and Dynamo Dresden will be top-flight)

yesss, dynamo dresden!!! :D

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #82268 by ZICOZICO
Replied by ZICOZICO on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Looking forward to play with Feyenoord then....
(won Europe cup several times, last in 2002)

:-)

More
14 years 4 weeks ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #82269 by Synchronated

I ve downloaded the new World Cup Tems updateds and tried to save the files in the data folder, but get an error message - Cannot complete operation - disk is full

Any idea how i can free up space?

Use a hard disk install instead of a vitual floppy disk. Or delete the custom teams file (team.072) to free up space, since that isn t really used in the game proper.

edit: also, you ll need to propack them to make them fit on an Amiga disk and work with the Amiga version; you can get RNC propack from my site among others.

When I release this legends/all-time database there ll be a ready-packed version provided anyway.

More
14 years 1 day ago #83411 by Synchronated
My website is down as a few of the 110mb servers are having problems. Please be patient.
In the meantime synchronatedswos.blogspot.com/

More
14 years 15 hours ago - 14 years 15 hours ago #83468 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Hey Sync

i have just downloaded your latest file updates, plus wc2010 teams and wc2010 diy file. i copied the files to my hdf version of swos on my amiga 1200 using a cf transfer kit.

everything is working but the diy file, which i placed on my swos save disk. i get this error msg: file saved by different version of s.w.o.s.

is it because the diy file is made only for the pc version or is modified to heavily?

More
14 years 14 hours ago #83471 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Synchronated Updates

everything is working but the diy file, which i placed on my swos save disk. i get this error msg: file saved by different version of s.w.o.s.

is it because the diy file is made only for the pc version ....

^^ Yes, it s due to incompatibility of PC diy file on the Amiga. Same happens with a career mode and highlight file.
Only tactics work on both machines.

More
14 years 10 hours ago #83482 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
damn! :/

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds