Re: Synchronated Updates

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #51445 by Synchronated
If that option runs the original SWOS game, 96-97, then yes. The data files are exactly the same as the original 1997 database as far as SWOS knows.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #51720 by Synchronated
Update now includes Turkish and Greek leagues.

More
15 years 5 months ago #51721 by Kyon
Replied by Kyon on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
:D very good update sync i am turkish person and i love Beşiktaş thanks my friend

More
15 years 5 months ago #51736 by milivella
Replied by milivella on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
A question for Synchronated: which method have you used to compute players skills?

You remember, we had a good discussion about that some months ago: forum.sensiblesoccer.info/index.php?topic=6614.0

Bye

milivella

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #51820 by Synchronated
I have once again used Transfermarkt prices and SWOES skill generator.
I have made some more special efforts (making sure tall strikers have good heading and tiny strikers/wingers don t for example) than last year.

I remember our discussion :) in the end it would have been very, very slow and tedious to make updates using FM skills. You would maybe have 3 leagues by now, not 11.

We can keep considering the method but really we need someone to build such a function into a SWOS editor program, to take data from FM s database automatically, for this to be possible long-term.

More
15 years 5 months ago #51844 by milivella

I have once again used Transfermarkt prices and SWOES skill generator.
I have made some more special efforts (making sure tall strikers have good heading and tiny strikers/wingers don t for example) than last year.

Thanks for the answer.

I remember our discussion :) in the end it would have been very, very slow and tedious to make updates using FM skills. You would maybe have 3 leagues by now, not 11.

We can keep considering the method but really we need someone to build such a function into a SWOS editor program, to take data from FM s database automatically, for this to be possible long-term.

It would be interesting, but we need someone who know how to do it...

Anyway, thanks for the update: you are an hero! :)

More
15 years 5 months ago #51847 by milivella

It would be interesting, but we need someone who know how to do it...

Thinking about it... it should not be that difficult. There already are applications that convert FM database in a csv file, that you can easily edit in Excel to give values ready for SWOS. E.g. I ve done it here (go to the far right to see the resulting SWOS values):
spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pTkVWUJsaIYpcmdjHOTbLZg
(I picked just 100 players for Google Docs limits, but with Excel or a similar desktop software, you can have the values of 10,000 players with a few clicks). Synchronated too has done some similar experiments.

It would be easy (easier than the hard work that Synchronated is doing right now!) to create a 16 men team (or a set of teams, i.e. a league) in a csv file. So what we need is just a converter from csv to SWOS-files: I guess this is easy, and someone is surely able to do it, isn t he? ;)

More
15 years 5 months ago #51869 by Synchronated
It wouldn t be so easy. SWOS can take exception to several things about a data file, you d still have to assign correct team IDs/divisions, shirt numbers that were 1-11 and 12-16 (and real where possible but compromised where they should be 11...), correct skin/hair colours etc.

I m sure someone who knew the data files inside out could have a go.

More
15 years 5 months ago #52047 by milivella

It wouldn t be so easy. SWOS can take exception to several things about a data file, you d still have to assign correct team IDs/divisions, shirt numbers that were 1-11 and 12-16 (and real where possible but compromised where they should be 11...), correct skin/hair colours etc.

Well, we could set up a spreadsheet with some preset values (IDs). And for the other points (numbers, colors) it s nothing that you don t already do, isn t it?

Anyway, another possible solution: an editor in which you can just paste the 8 values name+skills: again, this would leave to you the work that you already do (and someone should help you...), nothing more.

More
15 years 5 months ago #52274 by Synchronated
That would be spectacular. Please, someone who can program, do it! :)
Can t even paste player names at the moment, have to type them, since websites have lower case characters and SWOES pastes them as lower case (which SWOS doesn t like).

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds