Re: Synchronated Updates

More
15 years 6 months ago #50931 by Oli O.
Replied by Oli O. on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
You play a career in Finland. Did you also try a career in Spain or Italy for some seasons?

This is more important than the fast summary at the end of the season.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #50932 by carling476
Replied by carling476 on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
ive tried them all just to be safe and it works fine with all of the updates
till ya come up with a better solution than me getting everything on swos to work you just keep working on the original
and leave the files and dat files and the .exe. to me

CHEERS FOR THE UPDATED TEAMS MATE ;D

More
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #50952 by Synchronated
If you change the teams per league in the game files you *will* get crashes. Eventually. If not at the end of the first season, at the end of the third or fourth.
I stick with the original teams per league so that if you use the original game, it works for everyone - which is why everyone is telling you this :)

Right, back to the matter in hand.
As ever, more updates are in progress. If you see any errors in the players in the ENG/FRA/GER/ITA/ESP leagues, please let me know and I will fix it before the final version!

More
15 years 6 months ago #51040 by carling476
i have been through to the end of my career and hey presto not one crash so tell me again what im doing wrong?

using the teams and league structure i have put into swos by the editor works to perfection.
came up with a few problems reagarding swos career
say i was the manager of an english team then if i went to buy another player from europe it would resort back to 07/08 data teams it was crazy at first but sorted that problem out could you tell me why the game did that?

when are the scottish updates gonna be ready cheers?

More
15 years 6 months ago #51050 by Synchronated
The game did that because the transfer market files are separate to data files and also need to be updated ( fix foreign market in Pablo Fridlender s editor). This is not necessary if you install a completed Sync update (such as the 0708 one) as I have already done it. The same will eventually be true this year (ie next week).

If you played through to the end of a career with changed league structures, you got lucky or were not playing in a league wherein it would cause a crash. As I said, by all means experiment with these changes for your own game but - and this is what you did wrong - please do not post changed versions of my edited files. For most (arguably all) people they simply won t work, since they don t work with the original game.

Scottish update is almost done and will drop in a couple of days in a new release with some other additional leagues :)

You re gonna love the Scots update - you not only have to have some teams in the wrong divisions due to the size of the Scots Prem, you have to omit two teams from the bottom of the ladder entirely! Total of 40 teams not 42, you see. Again, I used to add these teams to the existing framework. Just causes problems and crashes.

More
15 years 6 months ago #51053 by carling476
looking forward to the scots league proberbly will have to chang teams in league but worth while.
i wont post the teams again as i know they will only work if you have got the swos virsion i have its taken me 1 year to find out how to fix the teams in league without crashing. i have worked it out if you guys cant get your heads round it that someone rather than a swos genius like me
has been able to do this i think its great.

look forward to the rest of the updates CHEERS

More
15 years 6 months ago #51057 by daimaou
Replied by daimaou on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
If they really work maybe you can open a new topic with it so people can test it by themselves and give their opinion, better have several person trying it out than only one.
Because even if they do work, posting the data files alone will do nothing unless the new exe files are provided too. Or explain what was the solution you found out to avoid crashes.

More
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #51066 by Synchronated
^ this, since we know for a fact that changing the team numbers in some leagues where it is necessary will cause crashes - eventually - even if the changes match the data perfectly. From years and years of experience of it. If your solution is as you have so far described, sorry, but it won t work long-term, no matter how much genius is involved. :p

Actually, if you search this board you ll probably find me insisting the same thing about 3 years ago - it works! it doesn t crash! - eventually I found crashes and had to concede that the original league structures, while obviously less desirable than current ones, are the only solution for career mode. If you want to play Serie A with all 20 teams just create a custom tournament and select them all :)

More
15 years 6 months ago #51125 by carling476
the game needs to move on so having the proper leagues and teams is moving the game forward.
there is noway i will post the working virsion of mine.
the swos game is there to be edited if these things didnt work i have proved they do work they wouldnt attemp to even make an editor
that edits number of teams etc. as for crashes there has never ever been a game released that doesnt crash even modern games released for the xbox360,playstation3 etc all have a crash at some point. its part of technology thats why there trying to move gamres forward to improve the gaming and advanced gamning. just except that its possible and has been done (

1 CARRER WITH ITALY SPAIN ENGLAND ALL TEAMS
2 PROPER LEAGUE S PROPER TEAMS
3 THE RIGHT TRANSFERS
4 NO RESORTING BACK TO ORIGINAL FILES AFTHERE SEASON
5 FULL COMMENTRY
6 SHARPER GRAPHICS
7 AND MOST IMPORTANT NO CRASH

been on a swos since 1992 virsion came out and its always been my dream to have a fully update working virsion of swos career mode. AND FINNALY ITS COMPLETE NOT WITHOUT THE HELP OF U GUYS A BIG UP YOURSELF CHEERS ___CARLING476____

More
15 years 6 months ago #51128 by daimaou
Replied by daimaou on topic Re: Synchronated Updates

there is noway i will post the working virsion of mine.
the swos game is there to be edited if these things didnt work i have proved they do work

then why should Sync bother releasing the updates with correct number of teams? As it seems you are the only person in the world that can make that work... but then again after you say that it just leaves me thinking your version won t work at all like everyone else is telling you.
And you have proved nothing as no one has tested your version. Only thing you said is that they work, it s a matter of trusting your word or not.

I really don t care about any updates, I prefer using original data so this makes no difference to me, but I m glad Sync shares his hard work with everyone else, that s the spirit that the community should be all about.

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds