Re: Synchronated Updates

More
16 years 3 months ago - 16 years 3 months ago #31576 by Synchronated
I should ask for PayPal donations for this kind of job ;)

edit: OK, this is a bit tougher to research than the others. Since they all at least got to the final ;)

I need:

Away strip description

Confirmation of specific positions for defenders and midfielders (RB/LB/D/RW/LW/M etc) and the exact design of the formation for the 66 semi-final if possible. I have the lineup, just not sure exactly how the formation looks. (At the moment it s RB Festa, CB Jose Carlos, CB Baptista, LB Hilario, RW Augusto, DM Graca, AM Coluna, LW Simoes, ST Eusebio, ST Torres)

Confirmation that the dark-skinned players of the squad were indeed Mozambicans Hilario, Coluna, Vicente as well as Eusebio as I can t find individual images of some players.

Everything else is no problem and already done. I ve taken into account such things as Germano s injury (ie he is on the bench but highly skilled). Once those details are confirmed, it s finished and I ll upload it.

Cheers :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #31605 by daimaou
Replied by daimaou on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
You do know the team pretty well after all, that s fantastic you have accurate information even for a 1966 team, even Germano s detail. Just great ;D

About what you need:

I tried to find any images with the away kit for you, but without luck. The best I could get was a black and white picture. I m not 100% sure about this, but I think the away kit of Portugal by that time was white shirt and blue shorts and blue socks. I m almost certain about this, but would need to find a picture to be absolutely sure.
Just to be sure you have the correct home kit too :

Skin Colors, your information is correct, those were the dark skinned players.

The formation is just about right too, but Portugal played in 4-2-4 instead of 4-4-2. So Augusto and Simoes should play upfront (But I think they should be RW and LW, those were their positions), on midfield you have Jaime Graça and Coluna.

Could you please add the first name to some players too, as that s how they are known here even though I know that in england everybody likes to call all players by their last name only ;). Here s the full squad as it should be in 4-2-4 formation in SWOS:

GK José Pereira
RB Alberto Festa
CB Alexandre Baptista
CB José Carlos
LB Hilario
M Jaime Graça
M Mario Coluna
RW José Augusto
A Eusébio
A José Torres
LW António Simões

This might be my bench:
GK Joaquim Carvalho
CB Germano
RB João Morais
M Vicente
A Ernesto Figueiredo

And thanks a lot mate! This will be just perfect. And of course your editing wouldn t be complete without this great team ;D
Now I can replay that 66 semi-final vs England and I m sure the outcome won t be the same...

More
16 years 3 months ago - 16 years 3 months ago #31623 by Synchronated
I have already included the players first names exactly as you describe :)
I will upload in a few minutes.
Sync

edit: it s uploaded. If you download the latest Sync update now, Portugal 66 is in Original Custom Teams with the rest of the classic lineups

More
16 years 3 months ago #31638 by daimaou
Replied by daimaou on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
That is perfect, just perfect :D

More
16 years 3 months ago #31665 by Synchronated
Happy to hear it :)

More
16 years 3 months ago - 16 years 3 months ago #32294 by Synchronated
Right, I m looking for suggestions, sources, ideas and comments so I can only make the next update better than this one

Here s a reminder of what was included this time and how it was done synchronated.110mb.com/updates.html

SWOS price (pounds) was transfermarkt.de price (euros)/3 where applicable; players in national teams were exact copies of the same players in club teams, league structure matches original SWOS 96/97 so there were no crashes, etc etc

Also any ideas for getting these files onto the xbox360 come next week will be very welcome!

Cheers
Sync

More
16 years 2 months ago #33641 by Synchronated
Oh, and there is a new update covering all transfers until Dec 31 2007 except a couple of goalkeeper ones in Summer leagues which were not possible yet as it would leave a club with no goalkeepers at all :)

As for releasing an update after the transfer window... I will try and keep track, and see how it goes. But it is much easier to create an update from scratch each season than to make lots of transfers without making mistakes!

More
16 years 2 months ago #34502 by Synchronated
OK, since lots of people requested this, on my website there is now a swos.hdf file for the latest update.
synchronated.110mb.com/swoshdf.zip
This makes it easy to update the Amiga SWOS Online Version 1.02 from here.
If you use this, be sure to keep your original swos.hdf somewhere as you may need it for online play if your opponent is using original data.

• Crystal_Sword
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 2 months ago #34542 by Crystal_Sword
Replied by Crystal_Sword on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
I don t understand how Inflation works.. if the Max Price is STILL £15 Million

• Phyxsius
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 2 months ago #34627 by Phyxsius
Replied by Phyxsius on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Synchronated, tremendous job!

I was sitting in front of the computer on the other day and I thought: What if I play a bit of SWOS again? . After a while, my next thought was: It would be great if there were updates for this! . And so I found this magnificent forum and your great work! ;)

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds