Re: Synchronated Updates

• Kanchelskis
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 5 months ago #126312 by Kanchelskis
Replied by Kanchelskis on topic Re: Synchronated Updates: now 2013-14 v1.0 final
So sad we won t have a 2015 update, but thank you so much for your massive and impressive work for the past years, Synchro.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Betichus
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 5 months ago #126317 by Betichus
Hello again!, i have another question. When i replace data and run the program with the new teams, the game runs good but when i start preset competitions it´s blocked. Is this because is necessary to modify sws.exe?. Thanks in advance.

More
9 years 5 months ago #126329 by Synchronated
Yes - if the number of teams in any division has been modified, sws.exe has to be modified in the same way so that the game expects the correct number of teams. Otherwise yeah, it crashes.

• Betichus
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 5 months ago #126331 by Betichus
Ok, but if i only edit players and teams names without modify divisions, it crashes too. i replace the data using swos 1.97 Can be the problem here?. Thank you in advance.

More
9 years 5 months ago #126333 by Synchronated
It shouldn t crash unless you have a mismatch. Then it will crash on the specific league which is a mismatch.

e.g. original sws.exe + Sync1314 data = some crashes in leagues that have changed
Sync1314 sws.exe + original data = some crashes
but
original sws.exe + original data = no crashes
Sync1314 sws.exe + Sync1314 data = no crashes

You need to make sure your configuration doesn t crash before you start, perhaps. (Play one season of Career Mode and make sure all leagues work at the end)

• pandax
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago #126619 by pandax
Hi Synchronated.

I have the italian version of Swos, but obviously when I use your sws.exe it changes the langague to english.

It could be possible for you to update the italian version of the sws.exe file? Or can you tell me what I need to change to make it work with the new data?

Thanks a lot! ;D

More
9 years 4 months ago #126629 by Synchronated
Hi
It would take a couple of hours... you would have to open both exe files side by side in two editors (SWOES) I think. So you can easily compare the two exe files and make the Italian one match.
I think you would have to check that the following things match my English sws.exe:

- the number of teams in each league (perhaps 30%-40% of these have been changed since 96-97) (important to prevent crashes)
- the names of each league, as a few have been replaced
- the abbreviations for national teams (e.g. ENG, ITA, NED) (not vitally important but without it some minor players inc. anyone from Montenegro will have the wrong nationality)
- the Greek league crash hex edit (search this site for details of it; SWOS career mode crashes in Greek league unless you hex edit a particular value) (or just don t play career mode in Greece)

Finally you could edit the UEFA Cup, Champions League qualifiers. This takes time - but these are open to interpretation anyway as it s not possible to make them match the current real-life groups.

• pandax
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #126633 by pandax
Ok, Thank You! I m going to try! ;)

EDIT: ...mhmmm...don t think it s possible....the .exe files are different, so editor crashed... :-[

More
9 years 4 months ago #126637 by Synchronated
Yeah, it seems possible that the editor can t open the Italian exe.

• jenzie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 3 months ago #126907 by jenzie
hello
yeah i m simple ;D

long time sensible soccer fan, short time player ( cos i am rubbish at it), but more importantly a long time simmer, doing all the leagues AND european cup competitions ages ago, as well as world cup too!

but that s in the dim and distant past!

now i m concentrating on doing something with NHLPA93 on the genesis ..... custom international teams!

ohh, about 240 teams across EIGHT roms that s all :o

but the problem was getting the stats for those teams that weren t in the game, but i just give them random values under a certain value, according to their actual football ranking!

how i did it the first time a couple of years ago was painstakingly screenshot ALL the international teams then type ALL the names and data into the spreadsheet and process it for NHLPA93 THEN type all that data into that game s editor :P, took a couple of months to do, and also didn t help that i suddenly decided to have that many teams to play with :D

so now i m using hex edit to copy the values from the team files into my spreadsheet, and i devised a devillish way to extrapolate all that lovely juicy data, THEN change it into data i can use for NHLPA93!

now my question is this ..... some of the NATION ID s are the same (the value i m talking about is 98), giving to custom team , when i get the international team s data it s fine in a way, but i also want to get the club team s players nation too!

out of the 160 international team places, 29 aren t given that unique nation id and 18 that have nationals teams with the NATION ID of 98, and some i want to get at are ones that doesn t have one ..... and not gone through the club teams files yet, and it looks like i ll have to work on matching up those players with their nationalities!

but gotta say, tremendous work, and shame you re not doing it anymore, but sensible soccer ain t going nowhere :D

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds