Re: ss.de league talk shop!

More
15 years 1 month ago #61225 by Foka
Replied by Foka on topic Re: ss.de league talk shop!
Mhm ??!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #61252 by Redhair
Replied by Redhair on topic Re: ss.de league talk shop!
I wouldn t take it too serious. I know from my own experience how it feels if you are not able to defend with this delay which is quite normal from Europe to USA. Such results are very unrealisitic in offline games. Anyway, respect to Ejder who is able to handle this delay, but I think he knows that we in Europe are not used to it and the games would look different offline.

More
15 years 1 month ago #61265 by Wänä81
First of all, Congs to Ali ! :) He deserved the win , because he can handle the delay and could won against Ejder

But, hey mates, this is ridiculous !!! For me this is competitive distorsion . Noone here are able to beat Playa 9-1, except he is drunk ;)

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #61305 by Ali
Replied by Ali on topic Re: ss.de league talk shop!
Thanks all..

Ping is not the only thing why Playaveli lost.. I live also in Europe and I also play against Ejder-Z with higher ping than other players.. and want just to remind that I havent lost against Ejder-Z for months in ASL.. 110 ms 4 delay you can play good, also playing with headers..
Ejder-Z just have the tactic to finish easy and quick, really like a machine... If you cant defend or your tactic isnt good or if u get mad to his L-goal or if you get mad that ping is high against Ejder-Z it s over.. He will kill.

First of all, Congs to Ali ! :) He deserved the win , because he can handle the delay and could won against Ejder

But, hey mates, this is ridiculous !!! For me this is competitive distorsion . Noone here are able to beat Playa 9-1, except he is drunk ;)

So i won the ASL title because I can handle delay??

More
15 years 1 month ago #61306 by Zafer
Replied by Zafer on topic Re: ss.de league talk shop!
It was just a bad day for Playa and not a big deal. I wish I saved the game, I didn t even play that good and such things happen all the time, Ali scored 11 against me once, and our pings are slightly worse. I got my record p2p ping (70 ms) in ASL against Marty once and were my best games against him ever, and I lost many games against my home country opponents in ASL, Coke and Sheriff, Turkish and Greek internet providers give 156 ms best with US :( After all, we all know everyone beats everyone in here, every once in a while, so this doesn t change the fact that Playa is still a far better player than I am overall. Need proof? That guy never finishes the Super ASL without a medal, and most of them are gold where none of mine are:) That is proof but a 9 isn t.

And thanks to those for bringing up the delay issue again, I gave up saying us in US are also not used to it and I would probably give up ASL months ago if I wasn t enjoying playing against the best guys in this game so much no matter what, and if I had another option (like buying a better connection than 200 mbit?:)). I know how offline play is as I also play with human opponents here on campus with literally 0 ms (just can t convince them to reassemble the US league:(, some of them can really go up in ranking if they did play frequently) as well as career. You assume I get used to high delay as I have to play with it all the time in every single game, I wish you were right :) All I can say is I m in Turkey in May and hope to play as many games as we can to see how things will change ;) It will be the 2.5th Super ASL season with Turkish pings for me (the bronze I got in the first one passed unnoticed as that was my first ASL season ever in July 2008 and could only play a few games from Turkey in August, but I personally don t believe scores are the best indicators of a good player or the effect of a variable such as delay on the game, they just determine who wins for that instance and gives an overall idea which can only work statistically if many many games were played, just like in real soccer.

I also congratulate Ali, but I disagree that he deserved it for his delay handling qualities and not for his superior performance this month which he kept signaling for several months (thanks to him too for bringing out the useless fact that I couldn t win against him for 5 months in ASL, which I frequently do in fri s and he barely won with luck this month, so that statistic will be dead soon, I know coz I asked him to redo it tonite and he couldn t:), it was pure coincidence their games against me decided the winner of this season, in a league of 12 tough players. I also disagree lots of goals in offline games is not realistic, according to my own experience but I might be wrong, that area is too gray :D But I agree defending becomes a pain in the a.s as the ping gets higher, especially if your custom is based on a weak defense tactic like 3-4-3 is. But like Playa mentioned very truly, I like playing the way I do, no matter if it contributes to losing the game by the many goals I concede or if looks ugly from the outside, that is just the way I handle soccer and my view point of it. (and trust me I play it better without delay, see me in May:)

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #61307 by Zafer
Thanks for this topic by the way, I really like talking about SWOS and leagues and was planning to start a SWOS column, like real soccer columnists:D I d love to discuss in game stuff with other professionals (that is you!). We may name it Sensibilities of SWOS :D

More
15 years 1 month ago #61579 by daimaou
Replied by daimaou on topic Re: ss.de league talk shop!
Highest away defeat: 1-11 vs. ALI on 21.03.2009, Season LVI (Super)

And I thought 1-9 was bad :P

More
15 years 1 month ago #61810 by Playaveli
Fight for CL places in DSL had its peak today.
Red was 4 points behind Schulle before the matches with Falcon. He needed 2 wins because of inferior goal difference.
Look at that thriller:

Falcon 3-1 up at 69th min.

[21:23] FALCONvsRED|DSL: Goal for Real M. /white (69 mins.), Raul Fernandez scores again (3)! 1-3
[21:23] FALCONvsRED|DSL: Goal for Retro Kickers (77 mins.), Tony Yeboah scores again (2)! 2-3
[21:23] FALCONvsRED|DSL: Goal for Retro Kickers (84 mins.), Tony Yeboah scores again (3)! 3-3
[21:24] FALCONvsRED|DSL: Goal for Retro Kickers (88 mins.), Tony Yeboah scores again (4)! 4-3
[21:24] FALCONvsRED|DSL: Match is over, Retro Kickers wins 4-3 against Real M. /white!

Now, Schulle goes to ISSF Cup and Red to CL... :o
www.sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=online_amiga_tabellen lid=1128

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62078 by Zafer
Haha, once in ASL against Falcon I was 3-0 ahead at min 77 and game ended 3-3 :D Now he knows how I felt ;)

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #62151 by Zafer
Exciting last minutes competition in Super ASL for the bronze medal as we arrive to the last two days.

While Giggs has 33 points as the current 3rd player with 22 games, me with 18 games and 32 points will play Djowger and Sasy, who has 29 points in 20 games but also stands a chance for the medal if he beats me. Another Italian having a good season, Lemonheadiv has 20 games and 28 points to play Gomi is another candidate to reach 34 points if he wins both. There are many possibilities so lets just not bother our brains and wait 48 hours instead to see what will happen;) I ll go to the lab with my laptop to make sure we finish this exciting competition with all games played, good luck all!

Time to create page: 0.312 seconds