SRN Tournament Bonuspoints

More
7 years 3 months ago #136448 by Playaveli

Of course one would say the Danes and the Germans are high on ranking because we play lots of tournaments and therefore we get a lot of SRN-points.

No offense to anybody: But a ranking, in which a player who plays one Sensi Days in two years is suddenly head-to-head with players
like the crazy Danes or many of the Germans that play often just feels strange.

Why? If this player is better, and reaches a better position in the world cup, sure he should be above the others or head-to-head with them in the ranking.
The reward for organizing and playing many tournaments shouldn t be on the competitive ranking (via bonus SRN), but should be somewhere else...

Reward for activity, YES! But not in the ranking which shall reflect the player strengths. Otherwise the ranking is lead to ad absurdum and becomes useless.

You are right, the ranking is a mess, like the online ranking was. We have to un-mess it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #136451 by AndYpsilon
I didn t say the ranking is a mess, because it represents the offline activities of the last 10 years perfectly. The offline scene is a mess ;)

But do what you want, there are too little people who care about nowadays ;)

More
7 years 3 months ago #136452 by Playaveli

I didn t say the ranking is a mess, because it represents the offline activities of the last 10 years perfectly. The offline scene is a mess ;)

But do what you want, there are too little people who care about nowadays ;)

I think it s a mess if I have 1000 SRN more than Blazej and 1300 SRN more than you... and this is just an example.
Even if there are only a handful of people who care, it s worth to do improve it for them. Everyone counts!

More
7 years 3 months ago #136456 by Rock and Roll
I ve said this before, there are a few (mathematical) things which skew the offline ranking.
Easily put, the amount of games played has a massive influence. Which is why I didn t want to use the offline ranking for Sensi Days. Aka it needs a rethink.

More
7 years 3 months ago #136460 by Bomb
Replied by Bomb on topic Re: SRN Tournament Bonuspoints

So glad that online ranking looks very nice now, and works very well, again.

I agree wih that. nobody lost his titles and medals. and the tendence is still the same.
To have a really clean ranking, we should all start from 0 again, but we would kill a lot of history like that.

More
7 years 3 months ago #136465 by AndYpsilon
I agree, some things have to be reworked to improve the ranking and give it a refreshment (although i still think, cutting bonus entirely is no option).

I just didn t like the next-year-it-will-be-like-that-fullstop -attitude.

At least people who organize offline events on a regular basis should be involved into that decision - and that s not only ElMichaJ and Playa ;)
As you ve said Phil - everyone counts!

And now: Merry X-Mas to everybody ;) :-*

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #136467 by Playaveli
Sure, Andy, that s why we discuss here! Otherwise Micha would just change it. There isn t that kind of attitude you mentioned.

And to be honest: There are far too little tournaments for some years now, to create a real and up-to-date world ranking :D
The offline scene has become a mess ;)

And to keep on discussing:
I cannot agree with you on this. The offline scene isn t a mess, it s going on fine!
In 2016, I played on 4 tournaments:
- Inter Milan @lemon s
- Local games with you and HeinAir at my place, and together with Paider at your place
- Sensible Days
- Eifel Xmas

I think that s just fine.

If I had more time, I could have gone to Klaris place (Danish Open), too. And, if I am informed correctly, swosit organized 2 events as well. So, that would be 6-7 tournaments where people can go to.

Couldn t ask for more?!

More
7 years 3 months ago #136474 by Schulle

[/quote]

for 2017

no bonuses and semi srn

sounds like a statement not like a discussion, that s what caused all the talking here

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #136475 by Playaveli
Could also be a proposal, to start a discussion. You know Micha long enough!
And you have his phone number to clear misunderstandings in real-time.

And if it is a statement, there is time enough to convince him to change his mind. So try!

Semi SRN cannot be the problem, I guess (because relations stay identical). And bonus causes inflation. So Micha might need some sensefull proposal.
If you give bonus, you have to take it from somewhere. But from where?

More
7 years 3 months ago #136476 by Playaveli
An idea might be the following:

www.sensiblesoccer.de/community/rankings/view/1
400 days of inactivity maximum.

After that 400 days, all inactive players could get a MINUS of 50 SRN points.
These SRN point could go to a bonus pot, from with other tournaments could give them (in a reasonable way).

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds