Saturday 9th of February 2019 - Amiga SWOS offline Cup in my House (in Hamburg)

More
5 years 1 month ago #141012 by HairFU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #141013 by HairFU

More
5 years 1 month ago #141014 by HairFU
SWOS Hanse Cup was finished yesterday at 23:30. What can I say? I think it was a very fun and relaxxed time in my eyes. Really nice to meet most of you again and meet St.Vitus and Pino for the first time. You are really nice guys (like everyone else here). I had some nice talks to one and another player. That is always the benefit of a offline cup.
My house really worked out, as a location. With 11 players it fits perfectly and I think even with 16 player it would have been very good. If I am in the mood I will make a new edition of SWOS Hanse Cup in the future here.

After setting up everything, the tournament worked very smooth. We had many matches with lots of gols. From what I have seen there was no 0:0 at all. Very good.

My feeling was that there was no hopeless player. Sure there was some 5:0 and 6:1 wins (and so on), but everyone had the chance to win some matches here and there. I think the level on the Cup was very balanced, what I was really happy about.

At the end it was Lobo to get the 1st place in a final vs. Djowger. So favorites
do not give a blank ;)

I have post a few picture over here.

You can watch the matches again. Just visit Djowgers twitch account:
www.twitch.tv/dadjowger

More
5 years 1 month ago #141015 by Playaveli
Nice report, great coverage.
Congrats to Lobo, the machine! :)

Thanks HairFU, great orga as usual.

If anyone is unable to find the videos: www.twitch.tv/dadjowger/videos

More
5 years 1 month ago #141016 by lobo
It was a great tournament, well organised and attended by a strong line up. Showing games on a TV in a lounge was a great idea, you could watch 2 games at a time without leaving the sofa. Thoroughly enjoyed playing some of my best SWOS in years.

Night out almost ended with missing the flight. 11 years since the 1st edition was a long time, hope we won t have to wait till 2030 for the 3rd one.

More
5 years 1 month ago #141032 by AndYpsilon
Thx again. Great organisation, good and relaxed atmosphere, nice aftershow in Hamburg. Congratz to Top 3 - fully deserved!

Also nice warmup with Schulle and Pino until saturday morning - SWOS roadtrip like 10 years ago :D

More
5 years 1 month ago #141033 by HairFU

Nice report, great coverage.
Congrats to Lobo, the machine! :)

Thanks HairFU, great orga as usual.

If anyone is unable to find the videos: www.twitch.tv/dadjowger/videos

Thx. Was a pleasure to do :)

It was a great tournament, well organised and attended by a strong line up. Showing games on a TV in a lounge was a great idea, you could watch 2 games at a time without leaving the sofa. Thoroughly enjoyed playing some of my best SWOS in years.

Night out almost ended with missing the flight. 11 years since the 1st edition was a long time, hope we won t have to wait till 2030 for the 3rd one.

Very nice words. Basicly I had the idea with the public viewing when we played last year at Bombs place (not everyone was able to see the finals because of less space), so I had the Ideo to connect Amiga to my two PCs.
You was really strong. So a well deserved win at the end.

Thx again. Great organisation, good and relaxed atmosphere, nice aftershow in Hamburg. Congratz to Top 3 - fully deserved!

Thx. Was very easy to had a good flow on the tournamnet, with nice and helpful players like we had on SWOS community.

More
5 years 1 month ago #141036 by St.Vitus
Nothing more to add from me, my opionion is a mirror of what was already posted.

Many thanks Hairfu for this tournament. It was good to see you in real life.

My feeling was that there was no hopeless player. Sure there was some 5:0 and 6:1 wins (and so on), but everyone had the chance to win some matches here and there. I think the level on the Cup was very balanced, what I was really happy about.

Except for the 0:9 vs you and the 1:7 vs Lobo. :-)

I promise to practice more in next future so I m coming back stronger again for Sensi Days in Fulda. :-)

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #141038 by Bomb

i am definitely out, there is family birthday this weekend ... no way to avoid it
[/quot

i am definitely out, there is family birthday this weekend ... no way to avoid it

Too bad :(

I give your X-Mas-Cup trophy Bomb, make sure that he hands it out to you :D ;)

Too bad :(

I give your X-Mas-Cup trophy Bomb, make sure that he hands it out to you :D ;)

If I were you, I would engrave ElMichaj s name on it just to be on the safe side ;P

damn, I somehow lost ElmichaJs trophy on my way home... ::)

and regarding the tournament: everything said: it was well organized, great line-up and epic battles. amongst others: 5:5 and 4:3 between lobo and me in supergroup. just crazy, when you are 4-0 in the lead and the machine then starts to come back... :o

More
5 years 1 month ago #141039 by Bomb

I promise to practice more in next future so I m coming back stronger again for Sensi Days in Fulda. :-)

:D thats the spirit!!! me too!

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds